2023 NFL Discussion

rico

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Listening to the Colt's beat writer Zac Keefer.  He said  in the last 10 years 34 QB's were drafted. Only 9 was considered a good pick while 14 were total bust.  I just think it is the best for the Colt's to trade for an established QB instead of drafting one this year.

Exactly why Stafford is worth 2 1st round picks. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe in your opinion but I have read a lot the last couple of days where people believe won't take 2 1st round picks.

There's a big time market for him. Worth/and what it will take are two different things. 

He is worth 2 1st round picks for what else the Colts have. Now.. what it will take? I really do not know. Awfully friendly contract though. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There's a big time market for him. Worth/and what it will take are two different things. 

He is worth 2 1st round picks for what else the Colts have. Now.. what it will take? I really do not know. Awfully friendly contract though. 

Only reason I could see the Colt's having to add a little more is that they pick lower than the otherteams. We pick 21st and a team like Denver picks 9th.  I don't know if I were a team picking at the top of the draft like the Jets I would give that up for Stafford.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Only reason I could see the Colt's having to add a little more is that they pick lower than the otherteams. We pick 21st and a team like Denver picks 9th.  I don't know if I were a team picking at the top of the draft like the Jets I would give that up for Stafford.

Right. All of that is relevant in this discussion.. 21st this year and the idea would be 25th or later next year. 

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Rumor that TY Hilton might be gone. I’m thinking that Colts are going to trade their 1st round + and maybe add TY to the deal?

If I were Colts I'd definitely proceed w/caution on TY. Don't think the production is there any more for the money he will be looking for. It will be sad if he goes after all he's done for the franchise, but no chance whatsoever if he won't take a pay cut/reasonable deal. And Colts may be confident there's not enough left in the tank to re-sign at all. 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would take both to the Colts is my dream list 

I think because the Bears offense is discussed with so much negativity people forget all he does is catch 100 balls each year. Imagine if he had a QB who could actually hit him between the numbers more often than not.

• Like 1