2023 NFL Discussion

rico

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think it will end up Stafford to Indy but now that Watson has officially asked out of Houston,  push all yours chips to the middle and Colts need to go all in for Watson. Instant SB contender

I thought last year was crazy at QB. This off season will top that. Add to that Rams GM comments about Goff.....tons of teams trying to figure out where to push their chips and on who. Shoot...Matt Ryan might be done in Atlanta. He's got a good couple years left too. 

PS...I know Trevor Lawrence is the guy but whoever gets Mac Jones is going to be very, very happy for years to come. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think it will end up Stafford to Indy but now that Watson has officially asked out of Houston,  push all yours chips to the middle and Colts need to go all in for Watson. Instant SB contender

Hmmmmm...https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-reportedly-reveals-ranked-order-of-teams-he-wants-texans-to-trade-him-to/

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I thought last year was crazy at QB. This off season will top that. Add to that Rams GM comments about Goff.....tons of teams trying to figure out where to push their chips and on who. Shoot...Matt Ryan might be done in Atlanta. He's got a good couple years left too. 

PS...I know Trevor Lawrence is the guy but whoever gets Mac Jones is going to be very, very happy for years to come. 

I saw that Schefty feels only 10 teams are set at QB. gonna be a wild ride

• Like 1

If I'm the Texans, I'm trading Watson ASAP. Not because they should bow down to a player demand or anything, but because the longer this drags out the more teams will try to drive his value down. 

If this thing gets into training camp, the Texans have to be prepared to keep him for the entire season. 

Id just trade him now for a Cowboys/Hershel Walker haul and get myself as prepared for the draft as possible. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If I'm the Texans, I'm trading Watson ASAP. Not because they should bow down to a player demand or anything, but because the longer this drags out the more teams will try to drive his value down. 

If this thing gets into training camp, the Texans have to be prepared to keep him for the entire season. 

Id just trade him now for a Cowboys/Hershel Walker haul and get myself as prepared for the draft as possible. 

I really don't think the Texans are gonna get a bonanza out of Watson.  He doesn't want to be there soooooo what does Houston do?  I suspect trading him to Miami for the #3 pick and Tua or trading him to the Jets for the #2 pick and Darnold.  But my name aint Shefter.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I really don't think the Texans are gonna get a bonanza out of Watson.  He doesn't want to be there soooooo what does Houston do?  I suspect trading him to Miami for the #3 pick and Tua or trading him to the Jets for the #2 pick and Darnold.  But my name aint Shefter.

I wonder if Houston would want either one of those QB's or would they draft a QB with that pick

24 minutes ago, rico said:

I think they can get a haul if they move fairly quick and can get a couple teams bidding against each other, which shouldn't be a problem. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think they can get a haul if they move fairly quick and can get a couple teams bidding against each other, which shouldn't be a problem. 

That's why I don't think Watson and Stafford saying they want out will really matter much.  I think there will be enough teams bidding against each other that it will keep the price high.  There might be 20+ teams interested to some extent, so you could almost set up an Ebay auction for them and the highest bidder wins haha.

• Like 2

Here's the thing that if I was Ballard I'm thinking. 2 first round picks for Watson or more? Or do I secure Stafford for 1 1st round pick and maybe and 2nd/3rd in following year. Does Watson raise the bar that much in what I/Colts stand to lose in not having another 1st round pick?

Colts used their first round pick this year for one of the best dline guys in the league. If I'm Ballard....secure Stafford, buy a wide receiver in free agency and draft OLine to replace Castonzo.