2023 NFL Discussion

rico

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know all the Colt's fans I have seen is very happy we did not pay that much to get him.

Congrats lol doesn't mean they're right. I have zero interest in listening to the common fan. 

Regardless... you said no GM would ever give 2 1st for MS... you were wrong. A lot wrong. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Ohhhhh you're qualified to call an NFL GM stupid. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

yes LOL! would you call Mike Ditka stupid for trading their whole draft for Ricky Williams.  I sure would because that was won of the dumbest moves ever.  How about Minnesota's GM and his stupidity when they sent 6 draft pocks and 5 players for Herchel Walker.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

yes LOL! would you call Mike Ditka stupid for trading their whole draft for Ricky Williams.  I sure would because that was won of the dumbest moves ever.  How about Minnesota's GM and his stupidity when they sent 6 draft pocks and 5 players for Herchel Walker.

In hindsight you're fantastic. 

Edited by btownqb

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Dear God. You aren't qualified for ANY of that. At all. 

Don't have to be a GM or a wanna be coach to know what is good or bad in trades.  I forgot that you are the only one on here that knows anything about football and no one else should have an opinion.  Being an assistant high school coach makes you a know it all on everything doesn't it.

Edited by IU Scott

33 minutes ago, rico said:

Happy for Stafford...smh on the Rams organization.

If I'm looking at this correctly....Rams won't have 1st round draft choice for next 3 drafts.

We'll see what some of these other teams do for QB's now. Bears/Colts included. No one likes to overpay but not upgrading a position as important as QB is far more costly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

If I'm looking at this correctly....Rams won't have 1st round draft choice for next 3 drafts.

We'll see what some of these other teams do for QB's now. Bears/Colts included. No one likes to overpay but not upgrading a position as important as QB is far more costly. 

For the here and now the Rams look fine.  They just mortgaged the future...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Soooo, anyone think the Rams dangled that package in front of the Texans?  If Stafford is worth a former #1, two firsts and a third, what in the world is Watson worth?  Is it gonna take three firsts or more?

Great question.

6 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Soooo, anyone think the Rams dangled that package in front of the Texans?  If Stafford is worth a former #1, two firsts and a third, what in the world is Watson worth?  Is it gonna take three firsts or more?

More is the easiest answer. I'm thinking something along the lines of 3 1st rounders maybe and multiple 2nd/3rd picks scattered over coming 2-3 drafts...but it also depends on the team they are making the deal with.

First round picks from the Jets could mean multiple top 5/10 picks over next year or two. First round picks from say Dolphins/Colts/Bears,etc...(just examples) are 1st round picks starting around 20th. Big difference between 5th pick and 20th pick so the fringe playoff teams might have to pony up even more. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The last time they had a 1st round pick was when they drafted Goff

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

They've also been 43-21 the last 4 years and have a SB appearance. Price of winning. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I remember when the Packer's sent a number one and possibly more to the Ram's for 34 year old John Hadl who lasted one season. The player the Packer's really wanted was Archie Manning. They had agreed in principal to trade two number one picks and two number two picks to the Saints for Manning. Bill Tobin went to New Orleans to sign the deal after the Saints played the Falcons. Manning had been benched for poor play the week before so the Saint's started Bobby Scott. Unfortunately Scott hurt his knee. Manning was the only other quarterback on the Saint's roster so the Saint's had to call of the deal. Makes you wonder what would of happened if Manning had actually went to the Packer's?

Edited by jefftheref
  • Thanks 1