2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Here's one thing to consider. I know $ and feel/culture of team always prevail...but if I'm a QB looking around right now I might venture over to the NFC. No clue what happens with Rodgers. Brees is done. Seattle wants to run the ball and Rams are 50/50. My point is I wouldn't have to face Chiefs, Chargers up and coming, Ravens, Colts, Titans,etc... to get to the Super Bowl. Path seems easier in NFC. Just a thought.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Was thinking about this last night. Brady has been to 1 Super Bowl without Bill, Will Bill get to 1 without Brady?

Well, Bill is soon to be 69.  At what age does he call it quits?  Personally, I think it will be tough to win a division title in the next 5 years.  For that matter, it will be tough to make the play-offs the next 5 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, Bill is soon to be 69.  At what age does he call it quits?  Personally, I think it will be tough to win a division title in the next 5 years.  For that matter, it will be tough to make the play-offs the next 5 years.

Exactly.  My thoughts as well. So when we look back on the Patriot Dynasty will history say one was more vital than the other?

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Exactly.  My thoughts as well. So when we look back on the Patriot Dynasty will history say one was more vital than the other?

I say yes but personally I give a  majority of the credit to Bill.  But then again, the Bucs haven't won yet.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Was thinking about this last night. Brady has been to 1 Super Bowl without Bill, Will Bill get to 1 without Brady?

I think we'll find out that answer in coming months. If he trades or signs a veteran qb...it kind of says Bill has a 2-3 year run left in him. If he drafts a qb to develop it kind of says he's still in it for long haul.

I wouldn't ever bet against Belichick. Ever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think we'll find out that answer in coming months. If he trades or signs a veteran qb...it kind of says Bill has a 2-3 year run left in him. If he drafts a qb to develop it kind of says he's still in it for long haul.

I wouldn't ever bet against Belichick. Ever. 

He still has to jump the Bills and 'Phins in that division.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have always given Bill the Lions share of the credit but the next couple of years could change that narrative 

That is the more appropriate question.  How many is Tom gonna win with the Bucs?  How many years does he have left if any?

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

You say that you would never bet against Bill Belichick... well, I would never bet on Mike Brown or his extended family.

Understand. It's amazing how a franchise can consistently not doing anything with top 5 picks year after year. I've always been curious what happens to that franchise if Palmer doesn't go down vs Steelers. That happened in 2005 or 06?? Haven't recovered since.

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand. It's amazing how a franchise can consistently not doing anything with top 5 picks year after year. I've always been curious what happens to that franchise if Palmer doesn't go down vs Steelers. That happened in 2005 or 06?? Haven't recovered since.

Yeah, that was hard to watch.  And I'm speaking of after the injury as well as the moment.  But Paul Brown, while being an innovator, was a tough, conservative to the point of cheap, businessman.  He wasn't, imho, a visionary.  He had an assistant coach, Bill Walsh, who was one and he failed to recognize it.  Walsh left when he was passed over for the head coach position with Brown giving it to Tiger Johnson.  The franchise has rarely shown that it cherishes its players.  No jersey retirement or much hoopla over individual's careers.  This is the Brown's family business and the bottom line has always appeared to be more important than championships.  Mike Brown would, of course, argue that idea, but just ask ten people living in Cincinnati about him and see what answers you get.  The differences between the Rooney family approach to ownership and the Brown family approach is night and day.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1