2023 NFL Discussion

rico

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't recall any huge quarterback trades.  What's the history of qb trades?

I hate to bring this news but quarterbacks less than Matt Stafford have easily gotten more than 2 2nd rounders.  Most were at least a 1st and 2nd.  Jay Cutler got more than that.  https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/the_biggest_quarterback_trades_in_nfl_history/s1__28469687

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I hate to bring this news but quarterbacks less than Matt Stafford have easily gotten more than 2 2nd rounders.  Most were at least a 1st and 2nd.  Jay Cutler got more than that.  https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/the_biggest_quarterback_trades_in_nfl_history/s1__28469687

Did you mean to quote yourself? 

41 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I had the question, rather than waiting for others to google for me I went and found a link.  Just bringing the info to light concerning all the guessing and debating concerning what it's going to take to get a pretty dang good qb.  

I never stated what I truly believed Stafford was worth. I simply stated that I would lose no sleep at night if we traded 2 1sts for him. (I understand you're pretty much on the same page as me). 

Marshall Faulk in 1997 has zero to do with this discussion. Complete apples to oranges. 

Edited by btownqb

Just now, btownqb said:

I never stated what I truly believed Stafford was worth. I simply stated that I would lose no sleep at night if we traded 2 1sts for him. (I understand you're pretty much on the same page as me). 

Marshall Faulk in 1997 has zero to do with this discussion. Complete apples to oranges. 

Yep and neither do the vast majority of qbs mentioned in that link.  There are only 4 or 5 guys comparable in the last 15 years or so.  

I'm guessing it's probably going to take 2 1st rounders or close to it.  However with how many qbs are out there and the fact that Stafford has went public that he wants out, could lower the price off this historic qb free agency and the 2 big name trades.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yep and neither do the vast majority of qbs mentioned in that link.  There are only 4 or 5 guys comparable in the last 15 years or so.  

I'm guessing it's probably going to take 2 1st rounders or close to it.  However with how many qbs are out there and the fact that Stafford has went public that he wants out, could lower the price off this historic qb free agency and the 2 big name trades.  

Could for sure.. but.. basically I just dont want the Colts to low ball it and mess around and lose him (trust in Ballard). 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I may have missed.  What's do y'all make of the rumor that Brissett is in the running?  

I'm thinking colts are doing him a favor and trying to peak up interest in him.  

DD said a former player told him Brissett would be the starter game one next year.  

Well I think DD is consistently full of s***. 

And I think JB is a bad NFL starter.. and solid backup. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

Thinking out loud... Matthew Stafford will be 33 next month. He’s coming off a 4,084-yard, 26 TD/10 INT, 7.7 YPA year. In 2018, Alex Smith was 34 and coming off a 4,042-yard, 26 TD/5 INT, 8.0 YPA year. He was traded to Washington for a 3rd-rounder and a starting slot corner.
Saw this tweet on the Colts.com trying to compare QB's traded who was the same age and comparable stats for the previous season.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I may be more pissed about the Bucs / Packers game than the U game.  And, I'm not even a Packers fan.  I dislike Brady that much.  

Go Chiefs!

I have always hated the Pats, Brady and Belichick, and figured Brady was a product of the Pats system. 

But looking at this season... maybe Brady WAS the system? 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Brady is the unquestionable GOAT! He's gone to the Super Bowl 52.6% of his seasons as a start and 43% of his total seasons. In 21 seasons his chances of going to the Super Bowl are higher than Steph Curry's chances of hitting a 3-point shot. 

Oh.  I agree he is on the field.  Just always found him a little smug off the field.  Give me a everyone's my pal guy like Peyton, a down to earth, no BS guy like Favre, or a someone with the manners of Mahomes.

I will say that I always felt Belechik was the true genius behind it all in New England,  I may be wrong about that.  

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Oh.  I agree he is on the field.  Just always found him a little smug off the field.  Give me a everyone's my pal guy like Peyton, a down to earth, no BS guy like Favre, or a someone with the manners of Mahomes.

I will say that I always felt Belechik was the true genius behind it all in New England,  I may be wrong about that.  

Well, you can say about Brady that he's the hardworking guys that nobody thought would amount to anything  and then worked himself into the GOAT. He was literally a 6th round pick. 

I think the Belichick/Brady debate is ridiculous. Brady making the Super Bowl in Tampa doesn't say anything about Belichick on way or the other. They were in completely different situations this year. NE was already downtrending before this season, and Brady went to a team a QB away from competing. Totally different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I found the whole NE franchise to be arrogant from Bob Kraft on down. I think Brady took on the franchise persona. I saw an interview with him years ago and he seemed very humble. He had older sisters who were athletes and he was overshadowed a bit. I live in the Tampa area now and he’s seemed different here than in NE. This coming from a Colts fan who despised Brady