2023 NFL Discussion

rico

22 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just saw that Former Coach Marty Schottenheimer has been moved to Hospice Care.  Always thought he was a very good coach maybe not great but very good. 

All the guy did was always have his teams at 10-11 wins every single year. His demise (in terms of historical status) was being 5-13 in the playoffs. Just could never get over that proverbial hump that happens so often in every sport. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All the guy did was always have his teams at 10-11 wins every single year. His demise (in terms of historical status) was being 5-13 in the playoffs. Just could never get over that proverbial hump that happens so often in every sport. 

I still remember that play-off game when he was with the Chiefs vs. Colts.  Indy was so close to the Super Bowl that year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If thinking the same one it was real low scoring because of cold. Chiefs dominant all year but got beat by hot team.

That be the one.  10-7 Indy.  Lin Elliott misses 3 FG's including one at the end of regulation to tie it.  KC was 13-3 that year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

No idea who this person is...and as a Bears fan I'm not quite sure how I feel about it if true. I don't trust Pace at all in regards to QBs.

I guess Ballard was on DD show and he said the Colts are not in trade talks with anyone right now.  Saw an article that stated that the Eagles might have to add draft picks since Wentz contract is so bad.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

No idea who this person is...and as a Bears fan I'm not quite sure how I feel about it if true. I don't trust Pace at all in regards to QBs.

That would be such a Bears move.  Wentz just had a season behind a bad offensive line in which he was terrible, and the Bears want to put him behind another bad line.

I've never been much of a Wentz fan either.  1 bad year, 1 great year, 2 average years, and 1 terrible year, in that order.

That sounds like a recipe for the Bears to give up entirely too much in the draft for him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

If the Bears do in fact trade for Wentz then I don't know fellas. I think I might have to find a new team lol.

Don't understand that thinking because being a Colt's fan the first 14 years was not good.  Had Mike Pagel, Gary Hogoboom and many other QB's who wasn't good

Edited by IU Scott

38 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Looks we might be bowing out for Wentz, in no way hell we are going to give up 2 first rounders for Wentz 

They want the same package that the Lions got for Stafford.  With that contract it was believed the Eagles would have to add some draft picks for a team to take on that contract.  Starting to get worried who we can get to play QB and I am afraid we will end up bring Brissett back.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They want the same package that the Lions got for Stafford.  With that contract it was believed the Eagles would have to add some draft picks for a team to take on that contract.  Starting to get worried who we can get to play QB and I am afraid we will end up bring Brissett back.

They’ve been talking about re signing Brissett, however, they’ve been looking at Zach Wilson 

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

They’ve been talking about re signing Brissett, however, they’ve been looking at Zach Wilson 

It will be hard to move from 21 to the top 5.  I have not seen Wilson play and with how many QB bust there are in the 1st round I would be leery moving up.  Out of the 34 first round picks in the last 10 years 14 has been a bust and only 10 considered to be a really good QB