2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Man I get it...but Emmitt Smith had similar carry totals at a similar point in his career....went on to have 6 more 1000 yd seasons and two 900 yd ones. I get it...only a few people are able to handle that...well why do we not think Derrick can't. He also started the first two years of his career splitting carries....split carries at Alabama....guy has plenty of juice. Ride him.

I hope Buckner catches Henry's knee in one of those zone cutbacks he likes. What happens, happens at that point. 

• Confused 2

My magic number is 25 touches for Henry....if it's close and you need to win sure you do what you need to do...and of course I don't think he needed 31 last week....not sure they needed to send that message to the Chiefs...they already sent it....but clearly they were offended with all the Bills talk and then Chiefs...and wanted to make their mark. I agree if they don't ease up on the touches towards the end of the season they don't want dead legs in the playoffs...I'm sure they are eyeing that bye and are in the driver seat for that.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Ok...that's just cold. Why would you wish injury on someone? 

No. I just hope he gets absolutely rocked. He thinks he just gets to run anywhere he wants because he's big. F that. He can get hit too, just like everyyyyy body else. 

I didn't say injury, but if it resulted in one, I'd lose no sleep. I don't "hope" it happens. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No. I just hope he gets absolutely rocked. He thinks he just gets to run anywhere he wants because he's big. F that. He can get hit too, just like everyyyyy body else. 

I didn't say injury, but if it resulted in one, I'd lose no sleep. I don't "hope" it happens. 

Oh no doubt he get's hit a ton...not sure he is worried about that....sorry it sounded like you hoped he get's his knees targeted....injuries are a part of football but I don't hope for it either....even on Tom Brady lol.

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh no doubt he get's hit a ton...not sure he is worried about that....sorry it sounded like you hoped he get's his knees targeted....injuries are a part of football but I don't hope for it either....even on Tom Brady lol.

His knees should be targeted lol I wouldn't hit that train above his ankles. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is not to many touches.  The name of the game is to win and you do that by getting the ball to your best player.  The RB is good for 5-6 years so use them as much as possible in those years.

The cycling in of a fresh, effective RB is a good reason Taylor is strong the duration of the game.  The use of Hines and and an occasional Mack makes for a great rushing attack for the Colts. The issue is keeping everyone happy and paid. The better Hines and Mack look, the more teams are going to want to pluck them away. 

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is not to many touches.  The name of the game is to win and you do that by getting the ball to your best player.  The RB is good for 5-6 years so use them as much as possible in those years.

It's like 30% too many touches. You don't have to get the ball to your best player, only. There is no offense, ever, that is going to be consistently successful relying on one dude. It's not even close to having longevity to it. 

There is no reason a RB has to only be good for 5-6 years. Teams just use them entirely too much early in their careers and ruin them. 

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

The cycling in of a fresh, effective RB is a good reason Taylor is strong the duration of the game.  The use of Hines and and an occasional Mack makes for a great rushing attack for the Colts. The issue is keeping everyone happy and paid. They better Hines and Mack look, the more teams are going to want to pluck them away. 

Hines is extended contract wise. Tired JT< Fresh Hines and Mack. 

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

30 carries a week x 17= 510 carries for the season. Which right now he's avg 27 carries per game, which again is absolutely insane, that's on pace for 460 carries lol 

That's on pace to set the record by 50. Insane. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

30 carries a week x 17= 510 carries for the season. Which right now he's avg 27 carries per game, which again is absolutely insane, that's on pace for 460 carries lol 

That's on pace to set the record by 50. Insane. 

Well an extra game will definitely make it worse. I agree if they don't anticipate and lighten his load it will cost them come playoffs but I don't think 25 touches a game for a unique player like Henry is crazy. I'm not sure why they didn't change the game script a bit last week up big on KC and they might regret those extra 5-10 touches they could have done without later in the year. Gotta think with an extra game this year they would want to lessen the load not increase it...but Henry is just so unique...and yeah I think they have no intention on extending his career. They have a two year window they are shooting for it appears and after a shaky start of the season they are trying to position themselves a top the AFC come playoff time.

8 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I knew about Hines contract extension when I was typing, but Mack is basically on "showcase" every game. 

I don't think they trade Mack. He is their insurance plan. If they had dropped another game he would have gotten shipped out for a bag of doritos but since they are still in the playoff hunt they are going to keep him around unless someone offers up something like a 5th or early 6th for him. I just don't see it as the teams interested have seemed to steady the ship with their backups and it's counter intuiative to help KC, NE, BAL who you are competing with for a playoff birth. I've never seen so many capable back up RBs in the NFL. Not sure why anyone will offer much when teams got guys coming off the street almost and rushing for 80-100 yds.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well an extra game will definitely make it worse. I agree if they don't anticipate and lighten his load it will cost them come playoffs but I don't think 25 touches a game for a unique player like Henry is crazy. I'm not sure why they didn't change the game script a bit last week up big on KC and they might regret those extra 5-10 touches they could have done without later in the year. Gotta think with an extra game this year they would want to lessen the load not increase it...but Henry is just so unique...and yeah I think they have no intention on extending his career. They have a two year window they are shooting for it appears and after a shaky start of the season they are trying to position themselves a top the AFC come playoff time.

Hey .... not my monkeys, not my circus. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hey .... not my monkeys, not my circus. 

Good thing your not one of the owners...I remember the Texans owner getting into huge trouble for making the comment about letting the inmates run the jail lol....good thing no one cares much about us peons choice of words lol. (and I understand you mean nothing when comparing nfl players to monkeys...its simply a popular phrase to say it isn't your problem)

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Good thing your not one of the owners...I remember the Texans owner getting into huge trouble for making the comment about letting the inmates run the jail lol....good thing no one cares much about us peons choice of words lol. (and I understand you mean nothing when comparing nfl players to monkeys...its simply a popular phrase to say it isn't your problem)

Lol first I had even thought about it. Fairly common saying for us teachers. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lol first I had even thought about it. Fairly common saying for us teachers. 

I've heard it quite a bit....old polish saying...but I could totally see teachers using it. Just so funny the hyper political/racial things are..could only imagine people running with it. Sad really.

• Like 1