2023 NFL Discussion

rico

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Aaron Rodgers is a douche.

Down 9 starters and 12 says no problem. We'll head on the road, short week, vs undefeated team and get the W. Every coach in the league is cringing about the using injury card as a reason for losing. Haha. 

Darn Packers. As a Bears fan I hate it. As a football fan I love what Rodgers does.

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Down 9 starters and 12 says no problem. We'll head on the road, short week, vs undefeated team and get the W. Every coach in the league is cringing about the using injury card as a reason for losing. Haha. 

Darn Packers. As a Bears fan I hate it. As a football fan I love what Rodgers does.

I don't think he was very good at all. His audibles were atrocious, he about blew that game on the goal line with that fiasco. Aikman said he threw a good ball on the first possession to Jones down the sideline, he didn't... that ball needed to be over Jones front shoulder, not his back one. If that ball goes over his shoulder, Simmons is a non factor, Jones two touches in bounds and boom they get 30. 

To allow yourself to lose 5 yards on 3rd and 1 at the 1 from a delay of game because you had to burn THREE TOs earlier in the half on the exact same thing....Nuts, absolutely nuts. 

I have no idea of the obsession with breaking the huddle at 11 seconds to constantly have to call a TO... break the huddle at 15 and you're fine. The defense and SPT, to me, won the game for them. Or GB D and Cards SPT, won the game for them. How many penalties did AZ have on SPT? shew. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think he was very good at all. His audibles were atrocious, he about blew that game on the goal line with that fiasco. Aikman said he threw a good ball on the first possession to Jones down the sideline, he didn't... that ball needed to be over Jones front shoulder, not his back one. If that ball goes over his shoulder, Simmons is a non factor, Jones two touches in bounds and boom they get 30. 

To allow yourself to lose 5 yards on 3rd and 1 at the 1 from a delay of game because you had to burn THREE TOs earlier in the half on the exact same thing....Nuts, absolutely nuts. 

I have no idea of the obsession with breaking the huddle at 11 seconds to constantly have to call a TO... break the huddle at 15 and you're fine. The defense and SPT, to me, won the game for them. Or GB D and Cards SPT, won the game for them. How many penalties did AZ have on SPT? shew. 

Last night aside, Aaron Rodgers has a lot more to do with the Packers record over the last 10 years than does the Packer D and the Special Teams.  Douche or not, you can't take his success away from him.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Last night aside, Aaron Rodgers has a lot more to do with the Packers record over the last 10 years than does the Packer D and the Special Teams.  Douche or not, you can't take his success away from him.  

I would never have him in the conversation as an all time great. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I would never have him in the conversation as an all time great. 

Depends on where you draw the line for All-time greats.  Is he Brady?  Of course not.  But, if you get down on the list to #15 and at least don't have him in consideration, then that's a personal bias.

As fans we don't always allow for changes in the all-time great list.  Take Marino for instance.  When he retired, he was probably top 5 on the all-time great list.  And, it seems, once you you have the label, you don't ever come off.  No one believes Marino is top 5 any more.  But, he still carries the label as an 'All-Time Great'.   

So, where does Rodgers rank in comparison to Marino.  I would say he compares pretty well.   Can we consider Marino an all-time great without considering Rodgers to be the same?  

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If the Coaching Staff doesn't get the plays called....QB can't go. LeFleur said as much. Discounting what Rodgers did last night is to each their own I guess....

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Also their defense has been really solid... and incredibly opportunistic this year. And they are the main reason they're 7-1. Their offense is ranked like 19th going into the game last night. 

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Depends on where you draw the line for All-time greats.  Is he Brady?  Of course not.  But, if you get down on the list to #15 and at least don't have him in consideration, then that's a personal bias.

As fans we don't always allow for changes in the all-time great list.  Take Marino for instance.  When he retired, he was probably top 5 on the all-time great list.  And, it seems, once you you have the label, you don't ever come off.  No one believes Marino is top 5 any more.  But, he still carries the label as an 'All-Time Great'.   

So, where does Rodgers rank in comparison to Marino.  I would say he compares pretty well.   Can we consider Marino an all-time great without considering Rodgers to be the same?  

Most times I watch Rodgers I come away thinking he's a good QB, but tries to do entirely too much. Idk.. I just don't see it. Those hail marys were soooo annoying a couple of years ago lol 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the scary part and your exactly right. If Rodgers/Packers were clicking...they win that thing by 3 TD's not 3 points while being down 9 starters. 

I think it was an impressive, very impressive team win. I don't think any of us should have came away from that game thinking how great Rodgers was. jmo 

He should have blown the game, until AJ Green blew the game. What a s*** show the last 5 minutes were. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Aaron Rodgers is a douche.

My thing with Rodgers, and I've felt this way even before what went down this offseason, is that I get the sense from his body language at times, etc., that it's all about him and that if the Packers lose there is a sense of everyone (coaches, players, front office, etc.) let Rodgers down and it's their fault. 

It just feels like he's above reproach and if they win it's all him and if they lose it was somehow the rest of the organization doing a disservice to Rodgers. 

Take Brady for example, while he'll certainly lay into teammates and coaches, I've always viewed him a "one of the guys" and a player that just views himself as a part of the team that needs to go out there and do his job like everyone else. But with Rodgers, it feels like everyone else at the Packers "owes" him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Most times I watch Rodgers I come away thinking he's a good QB, but tries to do entirely too much. Idk.. I just don't see it. Those hail marys were soooo annoying a couple of years ago lol 

It drives me nuts when announcers keep saying he's the best ever at throwing a hail mary. As if QB skill comes into play on that, outside of being able to throw it high and far. Lots of guys make those exact hail mary throws, he just got lucky as hell a couple times.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It drives me nuts when announcers keep saying he's the best ever at throwing a hail mary. As if QB skill comes into play on that, outside of being able to throw it high and far. Lots of guys make those exact hail mary throws, he just got lucky as hell a couple times.

Jacoby Brissett and Aaron Rodgers have equal skill when it comes to throwing a hail mary. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

My thing with Rodgers, and I've felt this way even before what went down this offseason, is that I get the sense from his body language at times, etc., that it's all about him

There is a lot of truth in that statement.  It does not, however, diminish what he has done as a quarterback.  The other factor we have to give him some credit for is that he did this in Green Bay.  He put up the numbers he did in likely the worst weather venue in the NFL.  He wasn't doing what he did in sunny Southern California like Phillip Rivers, or in a dome like Drew Brees.  He was playing games in Lambeau in December & January,  Even on the road, he was guaranteed to have to play in Chicago at least once a season as well.