2023 NFL Discussion

rico

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just win against the Jags. At no point yesterday did I feel the Colts were going to win that game. There just seemed like something was off and that is the first time I have truly felt that way all year. Put it behind them and just go take care of business. I still think they can make a run. Maybe yesterday was needed to re-energize their focus. 

It's like our massive WR issues finally caught up to us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

What hurts more is the guys that Carr was throwing to were worse than our guys. All year I have been saying 1 play making WR away. Go get him this off season. 

Zay Jones is better than Pascal. Renfrow is solid. 

And yes, WR is more of a concern than corner. 

• Like 1

Knee jerk reactions to QB play are the worst. Carson wasn't good yesterday, but there were so many other problems. Ugh. 

But of course he is going to take the blame because the general public and sports writers can "see" when a QB isn't at his best. 

There were so many other ways we could have won, despite his below average play. 

• Like 2

Colts have the most pro bowlers of anyone and had tied for the most all pros last year. This team isn't built around Wentz, so when you lose... its ridiculous to put a loss on him. Idk, I get sick of reading it. 

I almost wish football didn't become so "passing oriented". Idk, there are four phases to a football game and we got our asses kicked in 3 of the 4, and two of them Wentz had nothing to do with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

It amazes me that the Ravens still have a chance to make the playoffs, albeit a very difficult chance

Yep and equally amazing is they were 8-3 I believe everyone had them as #1 seed or competing for it and boom....that 1 point loss to Steelers and LJ injury and hill has been a runaway train since week 11. Amazing how many seasons are within a season. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep and equally amazing is they were 8-3 I believe everyone had them as #1 seed or competing for it and boom....that 1 point loss to Steelers and LJ injury and hill has been a runaway train since week 11. Amazing how many seasons are within a season. 

Kind of like that one year with Marino and the achilles.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

3rd most passing yards in the league and you would have no idea. People make him put to be chopped liver 

Similar to Matt Ryan. 

Ryan holds the most yards and completions ever for a QB through first 13 seasons and most ever for first 14 seasons but somehow his career will be defined by 28-3.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Early-mid 90's is my guess. He was so good. Another guy that probably sits around on Sunday now going if I had this version of the league....I'd throw for 6500 every year and not think about it. 

I was comparing Marino getting hurt to Lamar's injury and the effect it had on the team.  

• Like 1

QB play and criticism of it just wears me out. 

For example: I've had multiple people tell me how absolutely pathetic Carson was on Sunday, and ok, he obviously wasn't good. But... look at some of these numbers

Player A- 13/18 120 yards 1TD W

Player B- 17/26 214 yards OTDs W 

Player C- 24/46 123 yards 1TD 1INT W

Wentz- 17/28 148 yards 1TD 

How are Carson's #s THAT much different and those teams found a way to win? Why couldn't we? Now, our D has given up two game winning drives at home, to lose a game. I love our defense, they weren't perfect Sunday, no one was. I just get fed up with people not understanding the way the Colts are built, everything has to function together, no one part can be "weak". The only facet of the game that we "won" on Sunday was the turnover battle, literally that's it. 

I think coming into the season if someone would have said through 16 games Carson Wentz was going to play 99% of the snaps, be 26/6 TD/INT ratio, and his QBR be in the top 10. I think any fan should be more than pleased with that. 

• Like 3

What an idiot Bart Scott is. I truly wish I could get paid to be this stupid and of course its not a big deal. I won't say anything else because if I do our WOKE one with make it out to be something its not. I just can't imagine saying such idiotic comments and you do this for a living. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bart-scott-joe-burrow-won-024756397.html

Edited by Billingsley99

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

What a idiot Bart Scott is. I truly wish I could get paid to be this stupid and of course its not a big deal. I won't say anything else because if I do our WOKE one with make it out to be something its not. I just can't imagine saying such idiotic comments and you do this for a living. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bart-scott-joe-burrow-won-024756397.html

Typical Raven thug.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

"below average QB play" by the numbers?  

by about any metric you can use. 

17 TDs- below average

14 INTs- below average 

86.3 rating- below average

3440 yards- average

QBR- average 

Completion %- average

Yards/attempt- way below average 

and has been sacked the 2nd most times in the league

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

by about any metric you can use. 

17 TDs- below average

14 INTs- below average 

86.3 rating- below average

3440 yards- average

QBR- average 

Completion %- average

Yards/attempt- way below average 

and has been sacked the 2nd most times in the league

Begs the question...How are the Titans doing it?