2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

He has played college and been around football for decades. He was under both Shanahans his whole career. Aparrently the doctor that cleared Tua has been fired…so sounds like he is taking the fall. Hard to know what the coach was told…but yeah his words are going to come back and bite him. 

Oh I know. I actually really liked him after his interview on the mcafee show. It does always seem like every coach just goes off what doctors tell them so if the doctors tell him he’s okay usually the coach just goes off that, but to me seeing him stumble after the hit as a human you should just be like no you’re done for the game or at least be like you’re not playing Thursday that’s not enough time to heal and you will hurt our team not being healed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

Oh I know. I actually really liked him after his interview on the mcafee show. It does always seem like every coach just goes off what doctors tell them so if the doctors tell him he’s okay usually the coach just goes off that, but to me seeing him stumble after the hit as a human you should just be like no you’re done for the game or at least be like you’re not playing Thursday that’s not enough time to heal and you will hurt our team not being healed. 

Oh I get it…I watched that game vs Buffalo and thought oh man he is out rest of this game and out Thur because he won’t pass protocol in time…I was expecting to pick up a backup for my fantasy team….guy was shaking the cob webs out and stumbling around like a frat boy at last call. Then send him back in and suit him up again on Thursday….just horrible decisions all the way around. Guess the doctor got fired so at least someone is accountable. But it seems coaches just only want to know one thing…is he available…they don’t question anything else…even our own coaches on this board say that. If the guy says he can go then that is all that matters to them. No one wants to be the grown up and hold these kids/guys out…no one is looking out for them…just themselves.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh I get it…I watched that game vs Buffalo and thought oh man he is out rest of this game and out Thur because he won’t pass protocol in time…I was expecting to pick up a backup for my fantasy team….guy was shaking the cob webs out and stumbling around like a frat boy at last call. Then send him back in and suit him up again on Thursday….just horrible decisions all the way around. Guess the doctor got fired so at least someone is accountable. But it seems coaches just only want to know one thing…is he available…they don’t question anything else…even our own coaches on this board say that. If the guy says he can go then that is all that matters to them. No one wants to be the grown up and hold these kids/guys out…no one is looking out for them…just themselves.

100% agree. Something needs to change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rd726 said:

Looks like a second straight week of no Colts for the South Bend market. This gets SO old/annoying. Guess I should be “glad” I work today. 

You need to move to Warsaw.  I pull in channels from South Bend and Fort Wayne.

• Like 1