2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

The same ppl saying Nelson is overrated, think we should give Taylor the ball 25 times a game. 🤣

Which do you think makes more sense, putting the ball in Taylor's hands as often as we can, or paying an offensive lineman $18 million to maybe keep a defender out of the backfield? 

My assessment of the colts is two fold…one they get into negative game scripts. Either down early from turnovers or defense gives up too much early on. The other is what is our turnover margin? I mean not only are we turning it over too much but we aren’t getting any turnovers. We aren’t giving our offense positive field position. We aren’t generating a pass rush to put pressure on opposing qbs. Doesn’t help the guy that generates the most turnovers has been out all year than left with a concussion today. In the end we just aren’t disciplined and we just aren’t making big plays. It isn’t easy to point a finger at one position group, one player, a coach, or the GM. Just no one is really doing good enough. Team just looks lifeless…and if the season ends up going the way it is now…I suspect they clean house.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My assessment of the colts is two fold…one they get into negative game scripts. Either down early from turnovers or defense gives up too much early on. The other is what is our turnover margin? I mean not only are we turning it over too much but we aren’t getting any turnovers. We aren’t giving our offense positive field position. We aren’t generating a pass rush to put pressure on opposing qbs. Doesn’t help the guy that generates the most turnovers has been out all year than left with a concussion today. In the end we just aren’t disciplined and we just aren’t making big plays. It isn’t easy to point a finger at one position group, one player, a coach, or the GM. Just no one is really doing good enough. Team just looks lifeless…and if the season ends up going the way it is now…I suspect they clean house.

We sacked Tannehill 3 times today and he was mediocre for much of the game. Agree on the turnovers but not having Leonard— he was a turnover machine last year. 

The lack of good starts is puzzling though 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We sacked Tannehill 3 times today and he was mediocre for much of the game. Agree on the turnovers but not having Leonard— he was a turnover machine last year. 

The lack of good starts is puzzling though 

We did get after Tannenhill this week but overall it’s been mediocre. One thing we can’t ignore…the AFC South owns us. Every team knows how to play us and beat Reich. They have the game plan whether they execute it or not. Clearly other teams have yet to totally figure us out but what I’m seeing right now…Reich isn’t good enough on his own imo. Sirianni hurt a lot and then losing our  d cordinator this year. We really just don’t seem situationally sound nor explosive on either side of the ball.

Here’s my idea…trade all our picks in this years draft for 2024 and 2025 first rd picks. Throw in any other assets that will net first rd picks too like Buckner…draft Marvin Harrison JR and Arch Manning in back to back drafts like almost 30 years ago….that’s my game plan. Make it happen Colts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2022 at 6:31 AM, rd726 said:

Looks like a second straight week of no Colts for the South Bend market. This gets SO old/annoying. Guess I should be “glad” I work today. 

My in-laws live in South Bend.  Honestly, it seems to be a bigger Bears market than Colts market anyway.  

Here is the Fox map for the early games this weekend.  It's obvious from this map that Colts/Titans was not considered to be anything but a regional broadcast. 

Part of that may have been due to the fact that FOX is normally the NFC network.  Not sure why Colts/Titans even ended up there.  May have been because the Vikings/Saints game in London between two NFC teams was lost to the NFL network.  But, regardless, I can understand FOX not wanting to 'promote' AFC teams beyond their normal boundaries.

From my perspective, the Cardinals/Panthers game has the weirdest map.  

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Ffiles%2F2022%2F09%2F04-FOX.jpg

Washington Commanders (1-2) at Dallas Cowboys (1-2) (Red): Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen

Chicago Bears (2-1) at New York Giants (2-1) (Blue): Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston

Seattle Seahawks (1-2) at Detroit Lions (1-2) (Yellow): Chris Myers, Robert Smith

Tennessee Titans (1-2) at Indianapolis Colts (1-1-1) (Orange): Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth

Arizona Cardinals (1-2) at Carolina Panthers (1-2) (Green, 4:05 p.m.): Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma

Just because I found the broadcast maps interesting, here is the one for the early games on CBS.  

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Ffiles%2F2022%2F09%2F04-CBS-E.jpg

Buffalo Bills (2-1) at Baltimore Ravens (2-1) (Red): Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

New York Jets (1-2) at Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2) (Blue): Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta

Los Angeles Chargers (1-2) at Houston Texans (0-2-1) (Green): Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1) at Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) (Yellow): Spero Dedes, Jay Feely

Cleveland Browns (2-1) at Atlanta Falcons (1-2) (Orange): Beth Mowins, Tiki Barber

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Just because I found the broadcast maps interesting, here is the one for the early games on CBS.  

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Ffiles%2F2022%2F09%2F04-CBS-E.jpg

Buffalo Bills (2-1) at Baltimore Ravens (2-1) (Red): Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

New York Jets (1-2) at Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2) (Blue): Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta

Los Angeles Chargers (1-2) at Houston Texans (0-2-1) (Green): Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1) at Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) (Yellow): Spero Dedes, Jay Feely

Cleveland Browns (2-1) at Atlanta Falcons (1-2) (Orange): Beth Mowins, Tiki Barber

The map isn't totally correct.  I live in Cincinnati and we saw the Cleveland game and not the Steelers.  Either way, it turned out to be a good day for the Bengals.   😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Reich-itis. Seems to be infecting a lot of coaches now, both college and the pros. 

You can blame the computer geeks who has never played a sport telling coaches what do.  The analytics said that you had a good of a chance to win if you go for the TD instead of the go ahead FG