2023 NFL Discussion

rico

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

My in-laws live in South Bend.  Honestly, it seems to be a bigger Bears market than Colts market anyway.  

Here is the Fox map for the early games this weekend.  It's obvious from this map that Colts/Titans was not considered to be anything but a regional broadcast. 

Part of that may have been due to the fact that FOX is normally the NFC network.  Not sure why Colts/Titans even ended up there.  May have been because the Vikings/Saints game in London between two NFC teams was lost to the NFL network.  But, regardless, I can understand FOX not wanting to 'promote' AFC teams beyond their normal boundaries.

From my perspective, the Cardinals/Panthers game has the weirdest map.  

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Ffiles%2F2022%2F09%2F04-FOX.jpg

Washington Commanders (1-2) at Dallas Cowboys (1-2) (Red): Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen

Chicago Bears (2-1) at New York Giants (2-1) (Blue): Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston

Seattle Seahawks (1-2) at Detroit Lions (1-2) (Yellow): Chris Myers, Robert Smith

Tennessee Titans (1-2) at Indianapolis Colts (1-1-1) (Orange): Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth

Arizona Cardinals (1-2) at Carolina Panthers (1-2) (Green, 4:05 p.m.): Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma

This is what I usually faced living in Paducah…less than two hours from Nashville and like 3 1-2 hours to Indy and would never get either games…not even when they played each other. Maddening.

57 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

DirecTV or whoever has the SundayTicket package next year will solve all your woes.

Just hard to justify the price….especially when the Colts are so pitiful to watch. I can watch good teams play for free. Maybe if I thought we had a team capable of competing for a championship I would pay for it but there are just too many more deserving things to spend the money on when it comes to entertaining my family. I mean we can certainly afford it but it just seems selfish of me to spend that on myself….

43 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I've had Sunday ticket the last two years.  Apple has it next year.  Will be interesting to see how they price it.    

If they could get it down to say half its current price…or like even 9.99 a week…but $300 is just crazy to me. Not for a team that on a good week for them can squeak out a tie.

48 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I bought it so I didn’t have to be subject to the regional coverage that fouls illustrated on his maps. Being able to watch the best game, v what was being pushed by where I live was worth it to me. But then again, I am an empty nester and don’t have to worry about satisfying a household 

I don’t mind watching anything….even a bad game isn’t awful…except when it’s the Colts or IU. I can’t deal with watching my own teams suck. That all said I mean I’d probably rather just do NFL red zone and I can watch every important play from every game…including watching all the scores the Colts give up, turnovers we make, and the 2 tds a game we throw to our TEs. Cuts out all the horrible Reich play calls and saves me tons of money.

Edited by dgambill

I wanted to give it a day before I give some assessment of the Colts. 

I hate to say it but this team is so flawed and they are much closer to the bottom of the league than they are the top for sure. I do not think the band aid QB carousel works. Ballards refusal to go out and get legit proven play makers and staying under the salary cap is killing this team. The O line continues to be the biggest disappointment.  I have heard Jeff Saturday talking the past 2 days about scheme and how bland and simple the Colts scheme is and every defense is attacking it the same way yet in game 4 there have been no adjustments made. Their is no creativity to this offense. I never want to hear anyone refer to Frank as an offensive guru again, his playing calling and scheme is offensive that is about it. In the last 6 games the Colts are the only team not to score more than 20 points in any of the 6, to make it worse all 6 opponents were in the bottom half of total team defense. 4 were 27th or worse. Against the worst run defense in the league the top RB behind the greatest line of all time got 40 yards rushing. Hines is non existent and Frank has no idea how to even use him. He needs to spend this week watching SF or the Chiefs or several other teams that have taken talent like Hines and found creative ways to get him involved. 

Matt Ryan and the fumbles have killed this team. He is on pace to more than double the record for lost fumbles in a season. I am just amazed on how so many teams were able to identify a young QB in the draft and go get their guy. Many traded up to get them yet the Colts continue to go thrift shopping at the old folks home for washed up QB's. They can no longer blame Luck or anyone else this whole mess is squarely on the shoulders of Ballard and Reich and they had done a tremendous job of selling all of us fans a big fat line of BS on how this is a team ready to win. The Chips are far from being all in and I am sure they will right the ship well enough to win 8 or 9 games and continue to be stuck in mediocrity. 

Look at teams the past few years like the Bucs, Rams, Bills thats what going on in means. Not what the Colts have tried. Look at the Eagles building things in a way to be successful and surrounding a young QB with talent. Look at the players the Dolphins have brought in,not they way they make some decisions for sure but lots of talent. Maybe this Colts team would have been good in the 80's and 90's but no in todays NFL. Its been 25 years since the leagues rushing leader has played in the Super Bowl. I think Ballard just builds a team to save his job not a team to win it all.

My editorial is over and my dumb butt will stay up to midnight to watch them play. Hopefully we see some inspiring play unlike the first month of the season. GO COLTS!!!!

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I wanted to give it a day before I give some assessment of the Colts. 

I hate to say it but this team is so flawed and they are much closer to the bottom of the league than they are the top for sure. I do not think the band aid QB carousel works. Ballards refusal to go out and get legit proven play makers and staying under the salary cap is killing this team. The O line continues to be the biggest disappointment.  I have heard Jeff Saturday talking the past 2 days about scheme and how bland and simple the Colts scheme is and every defense is attacking it the same way yet in game 4 there have been no adjustments made. Their is no creativity to this offense. I never want to hear anyone refer to Frank as an offensive guru again, his playing calling and scheme is offensive that is about it. In the last 6 games the Colts are the only team not to score more than 20 points in any of the 6, to make it worse all 6 opponents were in the bottom half of total team defense. 4 were 27th or worse. Against the worst run defense in the league the top RB behind the greatest line of all time got 40 yards rushing. Hines is non existent and Frank has no idea how to even use him. He needs to spend this week watching SF or the Chiefs or several other teams that have taken talent like Hines and found creative ways to get him involved. 

Matt Ryan and the fumbles have killed this team. He is on pace to more than double the record for lost fumbles in a season. I am just amazed on how so many teams were able to identify a young QB in the draft and go get their guy. Many traded up to get them yet the Colts continue to go thrift shopping at the old folks home for washed up QB's. They can no longer blame Luck or anyone else this whole mess is squarely on the shoulders of Ballard and Reich and they had done a tremendous job of selling all of us fans a big fat line of BS on how this is a team ready to win. The Chips are far from being all in and I am sure they will right the ship well enough to win 8 or 9 games and continue to be stuck in mediocrity. 

Look at teams the past few years like the Bucs, Rams, Bills thats what going on in means. Not what the Colts have tried. Look at the Eagles building things in a way to be successful and surrounding a young QB with talent. Look at the players the Dolphins have brought in,not they way they make some decisions for sure but lots of talent. Maybe this Colts team would have been good in the 80's and 90's but no in todays NFL. Its been 25 years since the leagues rushing leader has played in the Super Bowl. I think Ballard just builds a team to save his job not a team to win it all.

My editorial is over and my dumb butt will stay up to midnight to watch them play. Hopefully we see some inspiring play unlike the first month of the season. GO COLTS!!!!

Great assessment and totally agree

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

And listen... that HURT. Like 100000% that dude is sore af today from taking that hit from BW lol 

Probably just as sore from taking it in the other end as well…running around with pink smoke and that probably landed him in a San Fran jail….that’s probably not a place I’d like to go to jail.

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Not a fan. Looks ultra-average to me. 

He sure does now….like 12 years of bad habits to get rid of…put him with a great system for the past decade with the arm talent and his toughness he could have been an all-time great. Now he is rounding turn 4 and heading down the final stretch you just can’t fix all the issues that have cropped up from playing on losing football teams. Doesn’t help his OL is terrible. That’s the issue with a lot of the qbs that are struggling. OL play has a ton to do with it.