2023 NFL Discussion

rico

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He was awful. Then fumbled away the biggest possession of the game. What am I missing? 

Just because he fumbled doesn't mean he didn't come to play, why the hatred for our best player.  It is obvious that the Titans was going to stop the run and Vrabel said that at halftime.  There were no holes for him to run through at all.

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have come to the conclusion that the most  overrated player in the NFL IS NONE other than our very own 18 million. Dollar man Quinten Nelson. 

The Colts have brainwashed so many fans into believing he was a good choice at #6 overall. When they gave him the extension, social media was full of people saying things like "but...but...but...you can't draft an offensive lineman that high!" like his salary was some kind of justification for picking him there. No one ever talks about how they had to put him at left guard because he was too slow to play the much more important left tackle. It was a bad choice then, and it's even worse since the guy he was supposed to be protecting is now backpacking around the south of France and the guy he's protecting now fumbles every time there's a breeze. 

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Just because he fumbled doesn't mean he didn't come to play, why the hatred for our best player.  It is obvious that the Titans was going to stop the run and Vrabel said that at halftime.  There were no holes for him to run through at all.

Just because he fumbled doesn't mean he played poorly? It literally means he played poorly. He sucked, and should have never fumbled there. So because he is the best player he isn't allowed to be held accountable? He sucked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Sucks you guys won't be able to bitch about the WRs this week. Outside of Pittman, our pass catchers played very well. 

The TE's were great today and the WR played well enough to win. This is on the coaches where they can't get the team prepared to play in the first half.

Just because he fumbled doesn't mean he played poorly? It literally means he played poorly. He sucked, and should have never fumbled there. So because he is the best player he isn't allowed to be held accountable? He sucked. 

I think that was like his third fumble if his career. I don't see it like you because no running back would have had many yards with the lack of room to run.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Or grown men playing like shit? 

So you don't see the pattern of first halves this year and think it is a trend.

Week 1 down 10-3

Week 2 down 17-0

Week 3 down 14-10

Week 4 down 24-10

So this is just on the players and nothing to do with the coaches. I get it that you coach football and wouldn't blame coaches for bad play.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

So you don't see the pattern of first halves this year and think it is a trend.

Week 1 down 10-3

Week 2 down 17-0

Week 3 down 14-10

Week 4 down 24-10

So this is just on the players and nothing to do with the coaches. I get it that you coach football and wouldn't blame coaches for bad play.

Coaches been turning the ball over?

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Coaches been turning the ball over?

No but this has been a problem for the Colts since Reich been here. We get slow starts to the season and slow starts to the games and digs a big hole.  So no coaches should lose their job because it is always on the players for playing bad and making mistakes.  I guess Mike Davis should still be the coach at IU. It just looks to me the players have tuned out what Reich is trying to do and probably tired of his everything will be gone attitude. Sometimes a coach needs to rip on players and hold them accountable but Reid h is always mild manner.

Edited by IU Scott

The same ppl saying Nelson is overrated, think we should give Taylor the ball 25 times a game. 🤣

My problem with the running game is that it is always between the tackles and never try to get the backs into space.  Why not have some pulling lineman and got outside a little.  

Overall guys on the Colts tend to not show up ready to play under this regime. I don’t care who you point the finger at it’s been the same story year in and year out. Sirianni was the brains of the offense/game prep and the offense has gone down hill since he left. 

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My problem with the running game is that it is always between the tackles and never try to get the backs into space.  Why not have some pulling lineman and got outside a little.  

Because that doesnt work on any sort of consistent level... in the NFL. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Overall guys on the Colts tend to not show up ready to play under this regime. I don’t care who you point the finger at it’s been the same story year in and year out. Sirianni was the brains of the offense/game prep and the offense has gone down hill since he left. 

It just seems like the offense is so vanilla with no mis directions or put players in motion.  Don't put receivers in bunches to make it harder for the defenders not to get bumps on the receivers.

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I will agree with that and add that Reich's play calling in crucial situations is suspect.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It just seems like the offense is so vanilla with no mis directions or put players in motion.  Don't put receivers in bunches to make it harder for the defenders not to get bumps on the receivers.

I’m going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. They put Hines, Dulin, Pittman, and Campbell in motion today.  They pull guards all the time, especially Q.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier
  • Like 1