2023 NFL Discussion

rico

53 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

And my last post brings up an interesting thought: for as great of a college coach as Urban Meyer was, he may have the two biggest misses in the history of college sports with Joe Burrow and Cam Newton.

Those two probably hold the two greatest single seasons ever and both lead teams to massive improvements and national titles. 

Agree on Burrow…to an extent. He really didn’t play the RPO style qb system that Meyer runs. Not sure he ever would have lived up to his potential under him. Newton could have for sure…but he followed the money to Auburn…everyone knows his story. Not that Urban is clean far be it but Cam and his family were all about the Benjamin’s.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agree on Burrow…to an extent. He really didn’t play the RPO style qb system that Meyer runs. Not sure he ever would have lived up to his potential under him. Newton could have for sure…but he followed the money to Auburn…everyone knows his story. Not that Urban is clean far be it but Cam and his family were all about the Benjamin’s.

Well Cam was at Florida and Meyer ran him off. It had nothing to do with money and happened before he ever went to Auburn. 

And Burrow got run off so they could play Dwayne Haskins. Burrow ran RPO just as good as Haskins did. 

Edited by KoB2011

11 hours ago, BGleas said:

Sorry the Colts had to play in cold weather. The horror that they had to deal with that. 

The weather…not as big a deal as more likely playing against the kings of spying. I mean we know they video taped opponents…they had no problem messing with footballs etc…while we lost…I’d be hard pressed to say it was fair and square…what we likely never will know. Lol Peyton always used to say they thought the locker rooms were bugged…maybe…maybe not…as much as I trust Belichek wouldn’t be surprised to find out he paid a 10 year old to climb through the air duct and record with his Walkman lol. I kid I kid….or do I?? 🤨

Edited by dgambill

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Well Cam was at Florida and Meyer ran him off. It had nothing to do with money and happened before he ever went to Auburn. 

And Burrow got run off so they could play Dwayne Haskins. Burrow ran RPO just as good as Haskins did. 

Good points…still hard to say either would have succeeded…I’d wager part of Burrows success was due to his maturation and hardship from the fallout of all that. He also went to a pro style system and OC in Brady at LSU and it clicked. I don’t think it was Meyer not recognizing talent (he did recruit both) as much as both likely needed some growing up and weren’t ready…when they were after a year or two of maturation and growing up they were already gone. But I do see your arguement..and it’s fair…he had them…maybe he should have been more patient.

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

So they are 1-1 in important games…and Mahomes has a SB and 2 MVPs…I would love to have Burrow but man the slobber fest was crazy last week. Let him win something first.

I would not dismiss those regular season matchups as unimportant.  Didnt factor this season, but there will come a time where that will determine home field advantage.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

The weather…not as big a deal as more likely playing against the kings of spying. I mean we know they video taped opponents…they had no problem messing with footballs etc…while we lost…I’d be hard pressed to say it was fair and square…what we likely never will know. Lol Peyton always used to say they thought the locker rooms were bugged…maybe…maybe not…as much as I trust Belichek wouldn’t be surprised to find out he paid a 10 year old to climb through the air duct and record with his Walkman lol. I kid I kid….or do I?? 🤨

Don't want to get into an entire thing on that, but much of that was proven not accurate. Certainly most people at this point realize deflategate was a joke. 

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And the news all knew would happen this year. Snoop Huntley makes Pro Bowl in AFC. He averaged 8.3 fantasy points per game to put his stats in perspective.

Good Lord NFL. Just cancel that weekend...

Or.... let me play in the Pro-Am at Pebble so Josh Allen can play in the Pro Bowl. Win win for everyone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And the news all knew would happen this year. Snoop Huntley makes Pro Bowl in AFC. He averaged 8.3 fantasy points per game to put his stats in perspective.

Good Lord NFL. Just cancel that weekend...

Well, they apparently considered him before Zach Wilson.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BGleas said:

Don't want to get into an entire thing on that, but much of that was proven not accurate. Certainly most people at this point realize deflategate was a joke. 

The NFL didn’t think so…they fined them and suspended Brady…who destroyed evidence (his cell phone) and the team performed a giant cover up….I mean they even nicknamed the equipment manager “the deflator” and hace him on video taking the balls into a bathroom after they were checked. Now whether that makes a big difference or not in throwing the ball etc is beside the point. They will cheat or try to get any competitive advantage they can and the spygate was even worse…nfl destroyed all the evidence (videos) when they handed down the verdict. I’m not saying their championships deserve an Astrid or anything…just saying like Houston Astro’s and others they cheat where they think they can get away with. Not sure that is even up for debate.

Edited by dgambill

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The NFL didn’t think so…they fined them and suspended Brady…who destroyed evidence (his cell phone) and the team performed a giant cover up….I mean they even nicknamed the equipment manager “the deflator” and hace him on video taking the balls into a bathroom after they were checked. Now whether that makes a big difference or not in throwing the ball etc is beside the point. They will cheat or try to get any competitive advantage they can and the spygate was even worse…nfl destroyed all the evidence (videos) when they handed down the verdict. I’m not saying their championships deserve an Astrid or anything…just saying like Houston Astro’s and others they cheat where they think they can get away with. Not sure that is even up for debate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/new-deflategate-revelations-paint-the-nfl-in-a-bad-light-during-infamous-saga-with-tom-brady-and-patriots/amp/

The entire premise of Deflategate, that 11 of the 12 Patriots footballs were 2lbs below the legal DPI was proven to be completely false. For some reason, still unknown, Troy Vincent fed that to Chris Mortensen and that report is what fueled Deflategate and it was 100% false. 

It was also proven by science that the Patriots footballs were within the acceptable range that the cold temperatures would have caused any drop in DPI. 

The whole thing was a sham. 

Here's a few more:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28502507/what-really-happened-deflategate-five-years-later-nfl-scandal-aged-poorly%3fplatform=amp

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/report-nfl-covered-key-deflategate-evidence-favored-patriots

https://sports.yahoo.com/documentary-takes-air-out-of-nf-ls-deflategate-case-against-tom-brady-who-continues-to-prove-it-wasnt-about-the-balls-054420195.html

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/new-deflategate-revelations-paint-the-nfl-in-a-bad-light-during-infamous-saga-with-tom-brady-and-patriots/amp/

The entire premise of Deflategate, that 11 of the 12 Patriots footballs were 2lbs below the legal DPI was proven to be completely false. For some reason, still unknown, Troy Vincent fed that to Chris Mortensen and that report is what fueled Deflategate and it was 100% false. 

It was also proven by science that the Patriots footballs were within the acceptable range that the cold temperatures would have caused any drop in DPI. 

The whole thing was a sham. 

Here's a few more:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28502507/what-really-happened-deflategate-five-years-later-nfl-scandal-aged-poorly%3fplatform=amp

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/report-nfl-covered-key-deflategate-evidence-favored-patriots

https://sports.yahoo.com/documentary-takes-air-out-of-nf-ls-deflategate-case-against-tom-brady-who-continues-to-prove-it-wasnt-about-the-balls-054420195.html

Everyone knows that there are science behind the balls psi dropping. That isn’t news or the point. The point was they were doctoring the balls after they went to the officials. There is no disputing that. They had video evidence of equipment manager taking it into the bathroom…Brady had numerous messages pissed off at the equipment managers for having the balls overinflated…he trashed his cell phone to cover it up…man the equipment managers nickname in text messages was the deflator…this is before it all came out..geez..to old to argue but it was never about how much the balls were deflated by or even how much an advantage it was…fact was they were again skirting around the rules and then went into a massive cover up. The suspension was about the cover up and lies…I could care less if they were slightly under inflated. They were messing with the balls after they were checked by the officials. They have always done stuff like this. From spygate to falsifying injury reports, to deflate gate to taping the bengals sideline 4 or 5 years ago…anyone who thinks the Patriots hace been on the up and up during Belichicks tenure has simply lived in Boston too long. Anyways…it’s off the subject and old news. You can have the last word..my mind isn’t made up simply because I’m a Colts fan…it’s made up because of the mountain of evidence and I believe cheating is the core of someone’s character and I’ve seen nothing to believe anyone in that organization has changed.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Everyone knows that there are science behind the balls psi dropping. That isn’t news or the point. The point was they were doctoring the balls after they went to the officials. There is no disputing that. They had video evidence of equipment manager taking it into the bathroom…Brady had numerous messages pissed off at the equipment managers for having the balls overinflated…he trashed his cell phone to cover it up…man the equipment managers nickname in text messages was the deflator…this is before it all came out..geez..to old to argue but it was never about how much the balls were deflated by or even how much an advantage it was…fact was they were again skirting around the rules and then went into a massive cover up. The suspension was about the cover up and lies…I could care less if they were slightly under inflated. They were messing with the balls after they were checked by the officials. They have always done stuff like this. From spygate to falsifying injury reports, to deflate gate to taping the bengals sideline 4 or 5 years ago…anyone who thinks the Patriots hace been on the up and up during Belichicks tenure has simply lived in Boston too long. Anyways…it’s off the subject and old news. You can have the last word..my mind isn’t made up simply because I’m a Colts fan…it’s made up because of the mountain of evidence and I believe cheating is the core of someone’s character and I’ve seen nothing to believe anyone in that organization has changed.

Did you even read those articles? 

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

Did you even read those articles? 

I read it. Says exact same thing I did. I understand science. I understand the drop in psi due to temp…we’ve all seen it with our car tires etc. We have the text messages from the equipment managers admitting to all this stuff. We don’t have evidence from Brady because he destroyed his phone…so convenient. This isn’t a Colts thing either because they were tipped off by another team this was happening they just had the balls to call them out.

Look you see it one way and I see the same evidence and come to a different conclusion. We aren’t going to agree and that’s ok. The penalty was about the cover up…heck if they just admitted to what they were doing it wouldn’t have been a big deal. I’ve seen equipment guys warm up balls next to a heater in the game and get in trouble. They have a track record and I’m sorry if they wouldn’t have started the cheating video taping and all that to begin with…maybe they might get a little benefit of the doubt from me…but a tiger doesn’t change their stripes. Sorry I said you can have the last say…I promise I won’t respond on this subject lol. 

Just now, dgambill said:

I read it. Says exact same thing I did. I understand science. I understand the drop in psi due to temp…we’ve all seen it with our car tires etc. We have the text messages from the equipment managers admitting to all this stuff. We don’t have evidence from Brady because he destroyed his phone…so convenient. This isn’t a Colts thing either because they were tipped off by another team this was happening they just had the balls to call them out.

Look you see it one way and I see the same evidence and come to a different conclusion. We aren’t going to agree and that’s ok. The penalty was about the cover up…heck if they just admitted to what they were doing it wouldn’t have been a big deal. I’ve seen equipment guys warm up balls next to a heater in the game and get in trouble. They have a track record and I’m sorry if they wouldn’t have started the cheating video taping and all that to begin with…maybe they might get a little benefit of the doubt from me…but a tiger doesn’t change their stripes. Sorry I said you can have the last say…I promise I won’t respond on this subject lol. 

I'm not seeing it one way. There is no evidence that anything happened and even less that Brady did anything. 

The entire thing was started on misinformation, that is 100% fact. 

• Like 1