2023 NFL Discussion

rico

On 3/13/2024 at 3:00 PM, btownqb said:

I truly would not be able to focus on my work if Laura Rutledge was the co-host and I was Louis Riddick, Shefter, or Dan Orlvosky. 

For real... she's too good-looking. 

And she wouldn't be able to focus on her work because of all your drooling and panting :coffee:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Keenan Allen to Da Bears for a 4th round pick! Wow.

You beat me to posting that…I like it! Still picking one of odunze/nabers at 9 as well if they fall and they will be stacked at receiver for Caleb!!!

Edited by FritzIam4IU

11 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

You beat me to posting that…I like it! Still picking one of odunze/nabers at 9 as well if they fall and they will be stacked at receiver for Caleb!!!

1 of 2 directions we could go. Keep Fields draft MHJ and pair him with Moore, Allen, Kmet, Everett, Swift and Herbert....or draft Caleb and instead of MHJ we get Odunze at 9. Still will be the offensive collection I've had in my lifetime as a Bears fan.

Just an update on last year's trade with Carolina...after sending the 4th we got from them this is who we've gotten so far.

Chicago Bears Receive: • Darnell Wright • CB Tyrique Stevenson • DJ Moore. • Keenan Allen • Caleb Williams • 2025 2nd round pick

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

1 of 2 directions we could go. Keep Fields draft MHJ and pair him with Moore, Allen, Kmet, Everett, Swift and Herbert....or draft Caleb and instead of MHJ we get Odunze at 9. Still will be the offensive collection I've had in my lifetime as a Bears fan.

Just an update on last year's trade with Carolina...after sending the 4th we got from them this is who we've gotten so far.

Chicago Bears Receive: • Darnell Wright • CB Tyrique Stevenson • DJ Moore. • Keenan Allen • Caleb Williams • 2025 2nd round pick

If the Bears draft Caleb, I doubt they go WR at 9. They could address another need there, such as edge.

I say that due to the Allen trade.

Edited by bronkonagurski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

If the Bears draft Caleb, I doubt they go WR at 9. They could address another need there, such as edge.

I say that due to the Allen trade.

And if they decide to go edge...they should trade back. Get more picks and still get the edge guy later. Either way I'll be thanking the Carolina Panthers forever for making one of the dumbest trades of all time....and it's still paying off this year and next.

I guess I will give it a little longer but it looks like once again Ballard is being to passive when it comes to free agency. To me signing your own is good if your team is a playoff team but when you are average at best you are just bring back players who finished .500. It is obvious this philosophy hasn't worked but he is unwilling to change it. This is one thing I don't understand about coaches and GM's is their stubbornness to change what isn't working. The best in the business is able to adapt and change when needed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I will give it a little longer but it looks like once again Ballard is being to passive when it comes to free agency. To me signing your own is good if your team is a playoff team but when you are average at best you are just bring back players who finished .500. It is obvious this philosophy hasn't worked but he is unwilling to change it. This is one thing I don't understand about coaches and GM's is their stubbornness to change what isn't working. The best in the business is able to adapt and change when needed.

That's been his M.O. for years. It's what 54-60-1 will give you. Baffles me too Scott. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

We just cant have nice things in Indiana due to stupid people running our teams.

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

This just doesn't even make sense.  They were 9-8 with a good backup QB lol 

They've spent 60 million in FA, already? 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

This just doesn't even make sense.  They were 9-8 with a good backup QB lol 

They've spent 60 million in FA, already? 

Just on their own players and only signed a a backup QB and a backup DT from the outside 

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Justin Fields and Russell Wilson on the Steelers. Just like we all thought headed into 2024.

I figured Justin was going to be traded any day, but I did think for a 3rd-4th round pick this year. Welcome to Chicago Caleb Williams!

• Like 2