2023 NFL Discussion

rico

23 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

And the Bears got even less for Fields than I thought. 

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1769131924717478314?s=46&t=9TDA0mwpdydYQk2Mf6MS6w

Certainly not what we envisioned but you can't bring both to camp. Bears decided to cut ties and move along at whatever they could get. Caleb needs to know it's his team.

Again from a trade perspective it's not what we could have got....but I'd also suggest the other 31 teams in the league don't think that highly of Fields.

Deal had to be made and now it's over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I thought they might have to cut him…but day 3 pick is what I expected. Man Pittsburgh camp will be interesting…Wilson vs Fields.

And the funniest part of this is the Falcons thought $180M for Cousins was worth it vs a 3rd for the hometown kid.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Indykev said:

Blanks is win now,dude is like 100

Agreed…While I don’t think Cousins is one of those qbs that will carry you over the top…he is much much better than Fields or Wilson. He has some weapons there so I expect much better play in Atlanta.

• Like 1

I almost thought Dallas may make a move for Fields…I don’t think Jerry wants Dak long term…but once you get onto that roller coaster investing in a QB that is good but not great it’s hard to get off.  Dead cap hits are franchise gutting for a few years. Look at Denver..they are having to destroy and completely tear it down after the Wilson mistake. If Jerry extends Dak again…yeah it could be bad. Almost think they should let him play it out and then let Fields and Lance fight it out…but it didn’t happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

I almost thought Dallas may make a move for Fields…I don’t think Jerry wants Dak long term…but once you get onto that roller coaster investing in a QB that is good but not great it’s hard to get off.  Dead cap hits are franchise gutting for a few years. Look at Denver..they are having to destroy and completely tear it down after the Wilson mistake. If Jerry extends Dak again…yeah it could be bad. Almost think they should let him play it out and then let Fields and Lance fight it out…but it didn’t happen.

There were 3-4 additional teams that wanted Fields but Bears did right by him and sent him where he wanted to go. Kind of a good move by the Bears.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There were 3-4 additional teams that wanted Fields but Bears did right by him and sent him where he wanted to go. Kind of a good move by the Bears.

Wilson fell of a cliff the last couple of years. Maybe Fields gets a shot if he starts off slow. It’s not a terrible spot to be in. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

LOL.  No, the Bears job was to get the most for him.  They failed at that.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is now being reported by Scheffler that there were never any talks between the Colts and Chiefs. Sounds like some blogger got scammed or trying to make a name for himself.

Seems Holder was right this time

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Seems Holder was right this time

I just think there are to many outlets that supposedly reports news today. Your normal media has to have 3 confirmed sources before running with a story but these bloggers don't.

Edited by IU Scott

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just think there are to many outlets that supposedly reports jews today. Your normal media has to have 3 confirmed sources before running with a story but these bloggers don't.

The national media had zero.clue what was going on with the JT situation. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I just think there are to many outlets that supposedly reports jews today. Your normal media has to have 3 confirmed sources before running with a story but these bloggers don't.

Reports what now? 😜

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2024 at 7:22 PM, Seeking6 said:

Certainly not what we envisioned but you can't bring both to camp. Bears decided to cut ties and move along at whatever they could get. Caleb needs to know it's his team.

Again from a trade perspective it's not what we could have got....but I'd also suggest the other 31 teams in the league don't think that highly of Fields.

Deal had to be made and now it's over.

Will they sit at 9 and take BPA? Or trade back to replace the 2nd rounder they gave up ?

33 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Will they sit at 9 and take BPA? Or trade back to replace the 2nd rounder they gave up ?

No clue but if Odunze or Nabers falls to 9 I think you have to take one of them. If not...trade back to a spot where you still get one of the 3 edge guys to be opposite of Sweat while getting more picks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue but if Odunze or Nabers falls to 9 I think you have to take one of them. If not...trade back to a spot where you still get one of the 3 edge guys to be opposite of Sweat while getting more picks.

Agree with this! I will not be happy if one of those two receivers are available at 9 and Poles trades down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

What about a tackle to protect Williams?

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like the Colts lose out on getting Snead from KC. He looks like he is going to Tennessee for a 3rd and flipping 7th round picks. Once again Ballard sits on his hands and doesn't take a chance of upgrading their team.

image.thumb.png.5cb1f7c3dc4a38e8d1571f20f55f8766.png

Crazy narratives from Colts fans. 

No one cared about the picks, but we shouldn't have been interested in that contract. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

image.thumb.png.5cb1f7c3dc4a38e8d1571f20f55f8766.png

Crazy narratives from Colts fans. 

No one cared about the picks, but we shouldn't have been interested in that contract. 

$55 Million guaranteed? No way...he can ride out his career in the AFC South basement.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

$55 Million guaranteed? No way...he can ride out his career in the AFC South basement.

At least the games there 3 AFC South teams are trying to improve their teams. Ballard brings back mainly mediocre players from a mediocre team. Our only two outside free agents are a backup QB and a backup DT. We have 40 mil tied up to 3 DT's. We have one of them highest paid guard, Kicker, RB and punters but still no CB's or safeties. Pittman is pretty much the only really good player we have resigned