2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Just now, btownqb said:

HUH!?!?! what does this mean? We aren't giving up Pittman, 2 1sts, and other picks to get Cj Stroud lol 

"settling for leftovers" ==== who? 

Instead of getting the 3rd best QB instead of the top QB is settling. Also going up from 4th would cost as much as what Carolina gave up. I just don't know if Richardson is going to be a franchise QB

Just now, btownqb said:

He isn't better than Ballard. He ruined Luck's career. Ballard drafts very well. He's had very few misses early in drafts. 

1 elite player? When have we passed on elite players... like Deforest Buckner, JT, and Nelson? Those elite players? 

How in the world do you think that Ballard drafts well. He is mediocre at best 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You are right and I am wrong and I will how down to your knowledge. I will go out right now to buy my Super Bowl tickets do I can watch the Colts play

Now we are going to act like a 50 yr old child because I'm telling you things you don't like? mature

I'll go back to the topic... Do you realize he didn't draft a single OL, in the first 2 rds, until Ryan Kelly? Sorry Jack Mewhort who got hurt... 

image.thumb.png.1e1958d1a3e9e3278b9e6ccfeddddee9.pnglook at these drafts!?!?! lol 

image.png.44093bb1c726fd3680d778c524added7.png

THESE ARE HISTORICALLY AWFUL DRAFTS!!

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Instead of getting the 3rd best QB instead of the top QB is settling. Also going up from 4th would cost as much as what Carolina gave up. I just don't know if Richardson is going to be a franchise QB

Oh the Colts got the best prospect at QB... 3rd? 

Stroud had a good year, though. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He isn't, Scott. I'm not sure how to help you on that one. 

I know who Ballard has drafted and there are way to many misses early in the draft especially in the second round. You might think some of these players are better than I think they are.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I been with the Colts since they moved here and endured 1-15 seasons. The difference between Polian and Ballard is that Pian drafts were a lot better than Ballard's 

Not sure about that….been a Colts fan since they came as well and Polian had a ton of misses later on. The issue you have been preaching is that he doesn’t make big free agent moves and Polian didn’t do that either. He signed his own and built through the draft. His biggest free agent acquisitions arguably was a kicker (Viniteri).  Sure there were some good free agents mixed in…Burris, Stokely, and Bratzke but none were top of the market guys. His biggest move might have been signing  Simon and that was so horrible and had to be fixed by trading a 2nd for McFarland. So the process is fine that Ballard is using…outcomes vary but it’s hard to say he has done bad when we haven’t had a franchise qb the entire tenure he has been here. Hopefully Richardson is healthy and we can see what Ballard can really do to complement him.

• Like 2

I know who Ballard has drafted and there are way to many misses early in the draft especially in the second round. You might think some of these players are better than I think they are.

There aren't. 

I showed you Grigsons drafts... Ballard LAP those. Literally, they aren't even comparable. "signed some free agents" yeah horrible ones. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Now we are going to act like a 50 yr old child because I'm telling you things you don't like? mature

I'll go back to the topic... Do you realize he didn't draft a single OL, in the first 2 rds, until Ryan Kelly? Sorry Jack Mewhort who got hurt... 

image.thumb.png.1e1958d1a3e9e3278b9e6ccfeddddee9.pnglook at these drafts!?!?! lol 

image.png.44093bb1c726fd3680d778c524added7.png

THESE ARE HISTORICALLY AWFUL DRAFTS!!

@IU Scott explain these drafts.... 

I’ve hated watching the Colts be mediocre but that is a product of not having a true franchise qb. The team has been solid across the board but we all know without a qb there is only so far you can go. Let’s see how Richardson does and if he is a bust then Ballard will be gone…but he has 2-3 years to prove that.

• Like 1

Grigson in the 1st/2nd/3rd rd after Andrew Luck-- Coby Fleener, DeWayne Allen, TY Hilton, Bjorn Werner, Phillip Dorsett, Jack Mewhort, Ryan Kelly, TJ Green, Hugh Thornton, Donte Moncrief, D'Journ Smith, Henry Anderson, La'raven clark... 

Laughably bad 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Instead of getting the 3rd best QB instead of the top QB is settling.

So in your mind, 31 teams "settle" every year at every position?

Also going up from 4th would cost as much as what Carolina gave up.

Table stakes are going to be the 2023 1st & 2nd, 2024 1st and either a 24 or 25 2nd.  Now, if you're the Bears, you have an offer from Carolina that includes a number one WR.  Are 5 draft slots better than a number one WR? The Colts would have to kick in something else.  Maybe instead of a 24/25 2nd, we get away with giving them multiple 3rd-5ths. 

Just because the Colts were picking 4th doesn't mean that the cost would only be the 2023 1st & 2nd.  It's still going to be really steep.

• Like 1

For context. Diggs is 31 and Keenan Allen is 32. Allen had more production across the board in 4 less games and the Bears paid a 4th while Houston is giving a 2nd and some other stuff. Plus the biggest thing is the drama. One has it one doesn't .

Texans wanted Allen first which is why I understand they paid more for Diggs.

34 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@IU Scott explain these drafts.... 

Wilson, Hooker, Banagu, Turay just off the top of my head. Like I said I didn't like Grigson either but if you defense of Ballard is that he is better than Grigson that is a low bar.

I hope I am wrong and the Colts prove me wrong this year but I see them 3rd in the South at best.

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ve hated watching the Colts be mediocre but that is a product of not having a true franchise qb. The team has been solid across the board but we all know without a qb there is only so far you can go. Let’s see how Richardson does and if he is a bust then Ballard will be gone…but he has 2-3 years to prove that.

Ballard is lucky he is working for Irsay because I don't see many other organizations giving their GM this much time. With his record he would have been fired already 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Wilson, Hooker, Banagu, Turay just off the top of my head. Like I said I didn't like Grigson either but if you defense of Ballard is that he is better than Grigson that is a low bar.

I hope I am wrong and the Colts prove me wrong this year but I see them 3rd in the South at best.

Hooker was a fine pick, he started 15 games for a playoff team last year.

Yep, Wilson was a bust... those two were also in his first draft.

Turay? solid, then had a major injury. You realize we also got an All pro in the 2nd rd of the same draft, as well as Braden Smith, as well as, Tyquan Lewis. 

Like a 2nd rd draft of--- Braden Smith, Darius Leonard, Turay, and Tyquan Lewis is literally phenomenal. 

Bangou-- yes a bust-- in a year we had 3 2nd rd picks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't bring Grigson up, you did with "oh he went 11-5" which in reality, they went 11-5 despite him.  

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hooker was a fine pick, he started 15 games for a playoff team last year.

Yep, Wilson was a bust... those two were also in his first draft.

Turay? solid, then had a major injury. You realize we also got an All pro in the 2nd rd of the same draft, as well as Braden Smith, as well as, Tyquan Lewis. 

Like a 2nd rd draft of--- Braden Smith, Darius Leonard, Turay, and Tyquan Lewis is literally phenomenal. 

Bangou-- yes a bust-- in a year we had 3 2nd rd picks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't bring Grigson up, you did with "oh he went 11-5" which in reality, they went 11-5 despite him.  

Campbell didn't work out and the problem with this pick is the other WR's we didn't pick in that draft like Brown 

Campbell didn't work out and the problem with this pick is the other WR's we didn't pick in that draft like Brown 

Yep, darn it. Didn't work out. I absolutely loved the Parris Campbell pick when we made it though. Andrew Luck was also still our QB when he was picked, and I thought pairing him with A Luck was going to reap some serious benefits. 

Parris was incredible at OSU. We saw that first hand in Bloomington. 

As context goes... Parris was still only a late 2nd rd pick. 

But, I never said Ballard was perfect. I said he was damn good, which he is. And I don't chalk PC up as a loss, he's a long time difference maker if he doesn't have injuries. Grigson was picking dudes that didn't make the roster. 

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Actually, I brought Grigson up.  Far be it from me to stir the pot.  😂

It's just hard to fathom, a Colt fan, thinking Grigson was better. He literally ruined Luck's career, and I'm not so sure he didn't ruin TY's as well. 

57 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's just hard to fathom, a Colt fan, thinking Grigson was better. He literally ruined Luck's career, and I'm not so sure he didn't ruin TY's as well. 

Also responsible for the Trent Richardson trade and adding Andre Johnson (terrible) Laron Landry (terrible) Arthur Jones/Cherilus,ton of other horrible OL/DL signings.  Wasted tons of picks himself back to back TEs first draft…little to no line help. Werner…oof! Worst gm colts have had since Irsays father.

Imagine we also kept Pierre Garçon with TY and Reggie?? Luck could have certainly used them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Also responsible for the Trent Richardson trade and adding Andre Johnson (terrible) Laron Landry (terrible) Arthur Jones/Cherilus,ton of other horrible OL/DL signings.  Wasted tons of picks himself back to back TEs first draft…little to no line help. Werner…oof! Worst gm colts have had since Irsays father.

Imagine we also kept Pierre Garçon with TY and Reggie?? Luck could have certainly used them.

Next to AC--- was Sam Satele the best OL that played with Luck? Lol 

Luck beat the Chiefs in the playoffs with Da'Rick Rodgers, Donald Brown, and Lavon Brazill 🤣

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The Richardson deal....ugh.  Yeah, there's no defending that one.  It does make me feel better that both Cleveland and Philly wasted that pick though.

Although it does suck to realize that 2 out of the next 10 picks that came off the board after what would have been the Colts' were......All Pro guard Joel Bitonio and All Pro DE DeMarcus Lawrence.  Gee....think either of those guys would have come in handy?

Andre Johnson I don't completely blame him for...IF he were setting AJ up to be a 2nd/3rd WR around a couple of younger guys. The only problem was that the two younger guys were Donte Moncrief and Phillip Dorsett. 

Landry...yeah, that was a bust. 

And the litany of guys past their prime or never-weres: Ahmad Bradshaw, Hakeem Nicks, Johnson, Jones, Heyward-Bey....

• Like 1