2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Colts have a lot of young players that played meaningful minutes last year. I think this year they will be put in position to test their mettle and see who rises to the occasion. We are in position where we can select the BPA. I like the WRs that should be there in Rd 2 so I think whomever we identify as the best player we can take them. Should still be an elite top tier talent there at 15 due to run on qbs and tackles. We don’t have an obvious need. A team that was good enough to make the playoffs (with just better qb play) is basically back and more seasoned.  A lot of ways the draft could shake out and it’s nice for change to not be stressed for a particular position group to have to slide to us.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Colts have a lot of young players that played meaningful minutes last year. I think this year they will be put in position to test their mettle and see who rises to the occasion. We are in position where we can select the BPA. I like the WRs that should be there in Rd 2 so I think whomever we identify as the best player we can take them. Should still be an elite top tier talent there at 15 due to run on qbs and tackles. We don’t have an obvious need. A team that was good enough to make the playoffs (with just better qb play) is basically back and more seasoned.  A lot of ways the draft could shake out and it’s nice for change to not be stressed for a particular position group to have to slide to us.

Really?  No tank?  Geez!  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Suck for Ewers?

No…we will do it like the Bears and trade it to a horrible team like Arizona or the Giants and get the #1 pick the following year…plus a wr…Marvin Harrison Jr….and who do we draft….Arch Manning! See…all fixed..even Ballard can’t mess that up!

Edited by dgambill
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

My wish list for the Colts for this draft.

1) Be able to trade up to get one of the top 3 WR

Or

Draft TE Bowers or Mitchell CB from Toledo or Arnold CB from Alabama.

If none of those are available trade down and get Thomas WR from LSU

So that means the Colts will do none of the above, right? Lol.

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

I've always said halfway in jest that if I were an NFL GM, unless we're talking about an absolute slam dunk like a Joe Burrow, Andrew Luck, Calvin Johnson, etc, I'd take nothing but OL, DL and LBs in the first four rounds of the draft. 

And people get too caught up in "1st round picks 10-30"... there just isn't that much difference between the 40th-best prospect and the 12th-best, a lot of the time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

And people get too caught up in "1st round picks 10-30"... there just isn't that much difference between the 40th-best prospect and the 12th-best, a lot of the time. 

As much as I hate the Patriots, they proved that if you build around the right QB and solid line play on both sides, that skill positions can be swapped and filled as needed. 

• Like 1