Around the B1G/NCAA

41 minutes ago, rico said:

Venturing to guess?  Knight came in and bam.  Davis took over for Knight and bam.  Sampson took over for Davis and bam.  Barnes is on his 5th school now, and every one is bam.  I get it....Archie needs time.  I understand.  But I am just stating that a helluva lot of coaches have went to a new gig and had success within 2 years.  No more...no less.  

Yeah, educated guess.  Don’t really feel like looking up every D1 coach the last 40 years, but I’d still say more struggled than didn’t.  

Barnes’ first two years at Tennessee were 16-14 and 15-19.  That’s BAM?  Davis is hardly the reason that team had success.  That was a damn good team before he took over.  Sampson on the other hand is a damn good coach.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

Venturing to guess?  Knight came in and bam.  Davis took over for Knight and bam.  Sampson took over for Davis and bam.  Barnes is on his 5th school now, and every one is bam.  I get it....Archie needs time.  I understand.  But I am just stating that a helluva lot of coaches have went to a new gig and had success within 2 years.  No more...no less.  

I’d hardly say “bam” for Barnes at 5 schools. It took him 5 years to win 20 games at Providence and he had double digit losses every season. It took him 3 years at Clemson and every year there he had double-digit losses. In fact, in 12 seasons between Prov and Clem he only won 20 games 3 times and had 13 or more losses 5 times. 

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I’d hardly say “bam” for Barnes at 5 schools. It took him 5 years to win 20 games at Providence and he had double digit losses every season. It took him 3 years at Clemson and every year there he had double-digit losses. In fact, in 12 seasons between Prov and Clem he only won 20 games 3 times and had 13 or more losses 5 times. 

In his first year the Friars were in the Dance.

In his second year the Tigers were in the Dance.

In his first year at Texas they were regular season champs and in the Dance.

And you call that a mixed bag?  And now bring up the 20 win thing?  Give me a break.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

In his first year the Friars were in the Dance.

In his second year the Tigers were in the Dance.

In his first year at Texas they were regular season champs and in the Dance.

And you call that a mixed bag?  And now bring up the 20 win thing?  Give me a break.

Yes mixed bag. So he was making the tournament going 17-12 and not really improving the programs much after that, big whoop! 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Barnes is a head scratcher. Very "meh" coach until he got to Tennessee. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Very impressed with Illinois' play today.  Who are those guys ? 

Maybe coaching is improving the team. I hope Archie turns it around because I won’t be able to stand watching back to back years of us finishing the year losing all the ground of improvements we built during the season. Watched highlights...they played very hard. Active hands and lots of energy.

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Arkansas up 33-30 at TX Tech at half. Gafford only has 2 points and played only 7 minutes

Woo Pig Sooeee

Yep watching between timeouts etc from the UK KU game. That’s impressive against a great defense in Tx Tech.

KU up at Rupp. I don’t think they pull it out. Kentucky has too much size for them but Kansas guards are really good.

Archived