Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

That is nice as Illinois i s in13th. place in the Big Ten and they just win by 11 points at Maryland !!!!! P.S. MSU was minus starting guard Josh Langford !! I wonder how the fartheads would do without Carson Edwards !!!!

I’m guessing they wouldn’t do well without a NPOY candidiate. Langford is good but he’s not on Carsen’s level. 

52 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

So you were wrong about a lot of teams starting 60% upperclassmen? Lol. Regardless, Purdue isn’t a veteran team. Not really much of an argument there. Silly argument really. 

Purdue isn’t a veteran team?? What?? Edwards, Cline, Haarms, Eastern, And even to an extent Eifert all have experience.  If you have juniors in this day and age you have experience. Purdue is good and experience is part of the reason why.

Edit: I forgot Bourdeux or however you spell it.  That’s 6 guys that have played in the tourney.

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Purdue isn’t a veteran team?? What?? Edwards, Cline, Haarms, Eastern, And even to an extent Eifert all have experience.  If you have juniors in this day and age you have experience. Purdue is good and experience is part of the reason why.

Since when do we consider sophomores “veterans?” Haarms and Eastern are sophomores. Only 3 true upperclassmen who’ve been getting minutes lately (Cline, Edwards, and Eifert). 4th is Boudreaux who may have played his way out of the rotation completely. 

That’d be like me calling IU a veteran team and mentioning Al durham and Justin Smith. To me, I consider “veterans” either juniors or seniors unless it’s a sophomore who maybe played a ton or started as a freshman. 

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Since most leave after their Junior years.  All sophomores aren’t veterans but I’m pretty sure Haarms and Eastern got plenty of playing time.  Wow....

What’s your definition of “most?” I don’t know if I’d agree that most leave after their junior years. 

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Since when do we consider sophomores “veterans?” Haarms and Eastern are sophomores. Only 3 true upperclassmen who’ve been getting minutes lately (Cline, Edwards, and Eifert). 4th is Boudreaux who may have played his way out of the rotation completely. 

That’d be like me calling IU a veteran team and mentioning Al durham and Justin Smith. To me, I consider “veterans” either juniors or seniors unless it’s a sophomore who maybe played a ton or started as a freshman. 

I would consider Al and Smith veteran players especially more than halfway through their sophomore years. Freshman and sophomores aren’t like they use to be in the 90’s either most have played high level ball for sometime by now.

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I would consider Al and Smith veteran players especially more than halfway through their sophomore years. Freshman and sophomores aren’t like they use to be in the 90’s either most have played high level ball for sometime by now.

I'm so old that I recall when Freshmen were not allowed to play varsity ball in college.  And I do agree with you with the early defections to the NBA, that frosh and soph's who reach the midway point of the season become vets. Only because of the culture today.  Kids are better athletes.  And not only do some move on early... but they are just better. Again... I am so old that there once was a real thing....known as the "Sophomore Slump."  And fans understood that and waited for the next season.  It's just a different world today.  And being a long time fan of college basketball.... I am not sure I am a fan of it.  Always loved watching players evolve over four years... not just one or two. 

Just now, hoosiertildeath said:

pee yew is living on. Luck right now ,imho ! I can hardly wait until they get no more home games ! 

Love ya HTD.  However, got to disagree with you.  PU is playing good ball right now.  Something IU is not.  The only question is... will PU be able to sustain ? 

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

I cant believe Purdue keeps on winning, im going to hear about it tomorrow at work...co-worker told me that Painter would be coach of the year, I just laughed and said noway...now im not so sure.

A month ago, GBI was flooded with threads and posters who were demanding that Painter be fired because he can't recruit and that they will be terrible once C Edwards is gone

7 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Mile : I love you ! However , they get every break in the book !    it seems like every time they play a good team  , that. Team is missing a key player or two !! And those lucky turds seem to never lose a player to injury

Lol.

We lost a key piece in the tournament literally last year. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Your position is well noted. No sense in arguing. It seems your main motivation recently is to stir things up. And please spare us the I'm just calling it how I see it approach. It's weak. 

You’re probably right, just overly frustrated with how badly this season has gone off the rails.

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol.

We lost a key piece in the tournament literally last year. 

Didn't they lose Robbie Hummel his senior year? It does seem like our Hoosier's have had more than their fair share of injuries. May, Woodson, Kitchel. Turner, Henderson, White, Coverdale, Blackmon, Anunoby, Morgan, Creek, Davis, Hunter, Thompson, Forrester and Phinesee. I am sure there are many more than this. Hopefully our fortunes change in the next few years. 

34 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

You’re probably right, just overly frustrated with how badly this season has gone off the rails.

We all are, and we all vent in our own ways, with some being more public than others.  Some of us are more optimistic, while others are more pessimistic and that’s just each individual’s personality.  At the end of the day, we all love our Hoosiers, want them to be great and be something that we can be proud of.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I don’t get why people keep making excuses...excuses why Purdue wins don’t matter or are less impressive (ending a 21 game conference win streak)...and why us losing isn’t indicative of our coach or players. Fact is Indiana’s program is closer to Illinois than to a blue blood and Purdue’s program is where we need to get to before we can even take that next leap to Michigan/Michigan st in the conference.

Excuses why Purdue wins don't matter will always be around here.  Justifiably or not, they make the rivalry fun.  Some of the posts, though incredibly false, I fin hilarious.  Same reason GBI makes me giggle.

As for excuses to the current state of our program....  Is it possible that those presenting them (excuses) have a legitimacy in seeing them as reasons as opposed to excuses?

26 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Didn't they lose Robbie Hummel his senior year? It does seem like our Hoosier's have had more than their fair share of injuries. May, Woodson, Kitchel. Turner, Henderson, White, Coverdale, Blackmon, Anunoby, Morgan, Creek, Davis, Hunter, Thompson, Forrester and Phinesee. I am sure there are many more than this. Hopefully our fortunes change in the next few years. 

Lost Hummel twice in two separate years. You guys have had some big injuries over the years too. 

Glenn Robinson was another big one too. Got injured before the Duke game and wasnt the same. 

Archived