Around the B1G/NCAA

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah. But you don't understand.  IU fans wanted PSU to win.   LOL

After being down 17, it was a heck of a comeback by PSU. Mostly done by good D.  I doubt that IU, right now would have been able to come back from 17 down, to force an overtime.

Oh for sure. Penn State played well. Hit way more 3’s than normal but part of that was bad defense. Have to shore up the defensive rebounding as Purdue gave them way too many second chances. 

Never feel comfortable playing at Bryce Jordan Center. 3 games in a row have gone to OT!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh for sure. Penn State played well. Hit way more 3’s than normal but part of that was bad defense. Have to shore up the defensive rebounding as Purdue gave them way too many second chances. 

Never feel comfortable playing at Bryce Jordan Center. 3 games in a row have gone to OT!

Plus the stands were not filled tonight.  Not saying that PSU normally sells out. But I thought I heard, many stayed home due to the cold.

Another thing.

I have always admired how you contribute.  No matter how good or bad things go for your team.  Always respectful and civil.  Thanks for that. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Plus the stands were not filled tonight.  Not saying that PSU normally sells out. But I thought I heard, many stayed home due to the cold.

Another thing.

I have always admired how you contribute.  No matter how good or bad things go for your team.  Always respectful and civil.  Thanks for that. 

So instead of 100 fans they only had 50? Haha

Appreciate the kind words. 

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue escaped tonight no doubt. The last 3 games that Purdue has played at Penn State have gone to overtime so not really too surprised it happened again tonight. 

Thanks for the planning advice though. I’ll gladly take winning a few games in the tournament after losing 4 starters from a 30 win team. 

Interesting. Players who are starters or returning starters do matter to teams? Cool. Last week it didn't seem that way. PS. A few would match Painter's all time best. I would say 1 would be nice don't you think?

9 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah. But you don't understand.  IU fans wanted PSU to win.   LOL

After being down 17, it was a heck of a comeback by PSU. Mostly done by good D.  I doubt that IU, right now would have been able to come back from 17 down, to force an overtime.

Being down 17 is nothing at an IU game.  Why, just in the last two IU games there have been 17-0 and 22-0 runs.

Oh wait.....never mind.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Interesting. Players who are starters or returning starters do matter to teams? Cool. Last week it didn't seem that way. PS. A few would match Painter's all time best. I would say 1 would be nice don't you think?

Back to the is Purdue a veteran team? The answer hasn’t changed. Regardless, Painter has done a really good job turning things around after the 6-5 start. 

32 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Anyone who watched the end of regulation of the pee yew game at Penn State should see why I say pee yew is the luckiest bunch of meatheads in America ! pee yew fouled #20 of PSI in the action of shooting the damn ball ! Not only was  no foul called on pee yew , but , the Zebras gave the damn ball out to pee yew !

Luckiest? Lol. Before Penn State had to start fouling at the end of overtime, a terrible Penn State team had outshot Purdue 41-15 at the line. Pretty lucky for Purdue. Also, it was number 11 not number 20. 

10 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Anyone who watched the end of regulation of the pee yew game at Penn State should see why I say pee yew is the luckiest bunch of meatheads in America ! pee yew fouled #20 of PSI in the action of shooting the damn ball ! Not only was  no foul called on pee yew , but , the Zebras gave the damn ball out to pee yew !

My question to you is.......why were you watching it?

15 minutes ago, rico said:

My question to you is.......why were you watching it?

Because we are college basketball fans and that game was actually really entertaining.  It shows that your offense looks a lot better when your shots are falling. PSU came into the game hitting 26% from 3 but hit 12 last night.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because we are college basketball fans and that game was actually really entertaining.  It shows that your offense looks a lot better when your shots are falling. PSU came into the game hitting 26% from 3 but hit 12 last night.

Scott, my question wasn't directed at you.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Silvio De Sousa from Kansas must sit this year and next. Like with most things. Guardians or parents can really screw things up for kids. 

It’s absolutely shameful that the kid has to sit out two seasons and nothing happens to Bill Self and his staff. 

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

It’s absolutely shameful that the kid has to sit out two seasons and nothing happens to Bill Self and his staff. 

That's where I'm at as well. I joked around with a few friends. Said this punishment isn't for Sousa....it's for the 20 others that Bill Self has got away with.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

20?  Aren't you being a little light with that number?

Probably. Haha. Probably should add his Illinois, Tulsa, and Oral Roberts days too. I still remember the night before at Maui in 2016 my friend (IU roommate who is from Hawaii) was at an event with his wife (Kansas grad). Self could barely stand up....but he owned the room. Just like any snake oil salesman the guy can talk. 

Duke blows out St. John's by 30.  The slobberfest over Zion Williamson is well-deserved.  I hear comparisons to Charles Barkley, but no...this kid is way better than Charles was in college.  I can't think of anyone like him and watching him stroke a 3 in today's game, all I could think was, this kid is going to be unguardable at the next level too.  Sure, he'll likely have some adjustment time and growing pains, but there's no one like him. Period.

Archived