Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eastern & Eifort were 2of the 5 current pee yew players who played in last season's NCA A tournament for pee yew ! Cline ,Haarms & Carson Edwards were the other 3 ? Those five players combined to play 84 Minutes in their loss to Texas Tech ! Don't tell me they do not have experienced players ! Eastern & Eifort had a hand in scoring 8 of pee yew final points today !

28 minutes ago, rico said:

Louisville wins at Va Tech.

Absolutely love it. Every time they or Marquette win....we win! Wins vs #9 Sparty, #10 Marquette, and soon to be rising #16 Louisville will look very, very good come March. Obviously more chances coming with Iowa, Wiscy, Sparty and the team in West Lafayette.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Absolutely love it. Every time they or Marquette win....we win! Wins vs #9 Sparty, #10 Marquette, and soon to be rising #16 Louisville will look very, very good come March. Obviously more chances coming with Iowa, Wiscy, Sparty and the team in West Lafayette.

I would be very surprised they finish the season in top 25 as they haven’t played Duke or Virginia and I think Florida St so they are sure to have several more losses to come but I do think they will be a tourney team. Marquette I think will remain a top 15 team as will MSU a top 10.

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They had a player ejected for tripping a TT guy. The catch? The player was on the bench when he tripped the guy. Wacky. 

OMG.....you serious?  That has to warrant a suspension, right?  Then on the other hand, he didn't trip him good enough.....got beat by 31.

12 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Whats up with Huggins? Did he stop recruiting or are kids today to soft to play for a coach like him?

I dunno.....I went and looked it up and they have been to the SS 3 of the last 4 years.  Nothing lower than a #5 seed.  Finished last year #15 in the country.  This year they started out #13.  Something is just wrong....but I don't have any buddies that are WV fans to get takes.

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

I would be very surprised they finish the season in top 25 as they haven’t played Duke or Virginia and I think Florida St so they are sure to have several more losses to come but I do think they will be a tourney team. Marquette I think will remain a top 15 team as will MSU a top 10.

Took a look at schedule. 4-4 is what I see finishing out the year. Not sold on Florida St at all or how they still are in top 25. 

Quick follow up to Va Tech loss to Louisville. Anyone hear Buzz after the game? He said he didn't call a timeout when lead was cut to 8 because a single digit loss doesn't hurt you as much as a double digit loss in NET rankings. If I heard my coach say this???? Wow. This was after calling a timeout down 11 with 20 to go so they could get it to single digits. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick follow up to Va Tech loss to Louisville. Anyone hear Buzz after the game? He said he didn't call a timeout when lead was cut to 8 because a single digit loss doesn't hurt you as much as a double digit loss in NET rankings. If I heard my coach say this???? Wow. This was after calling a timeout down 11 with 20 to go so they could get it to single digits. 

So, a 9 point loss is good, but a 10 point loss is bad.  Got it.  Long live computer generated theory.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Blame it on the NCAA and their Net system.  It does factor margin of victory into their metrics.  So a 8 point loss is better than losing by 10(they capped the margin at 10 so blowing out or getting blown out doesn't help or hurt you much.   I guess you do have to consider that as a coach now but Buzz probably just should have kept his mouth shut.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived