Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Did anyone hear dakich say yesterday that McIntosh chose to live with his girlfriend instead of live with the guys this year?

2 pts, 1 assist, 1 board

I didn't and would like to know what brought that up from Dakich? McIntosh was quick to blame the whole team in an article couple weeks back. Said the entire team felt like they took their foot off the gas in the off season, didn't prepare...

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Considering their last season, that is an epic fail.  A year ago, Chris Collins was considered a hot coaching prospect...my oh my how the tables have turned.

I still think Collins is and will have many opportunities when and if he wants to leave. I always thought he should have been hired by Illinois before Groce. 

Butler loses 3rd straight. This time to Georgetown. For those of us that call Indy home it's amazing to listen to tv/radio and all that Butler way crap goes silent during times like this. I would assume they are squarely in the bubble discussion. Probably still in but 3-8 vs quadrant 1 with a bad loss to Georgetown.

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I didn't and would like to know what brought that up from Dakich? McIntosh was quick to blame the whole team in an article couple weeks back. Said the entire team felt like they took their foot off the gas in the off season, didn't prepare...

He got to talking about guys like Oladipo in the locker room and making everybody better and holding people accountable and leading by example. Pritchard was on talking about Oladipo bringing an intensity and work ethic to the locker room that makes people feel bad just because of how hard they see him working.  Somewhere around there he threw in the little blip about Macintosh.  I'm guessing it was after the Pritchard segment. 

11 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Nebraska downs Maryland. The only way we can finish ahead of Nebraska now is if we win out and they lose out. 

With Nebraska's weak arse schedule that's doubtful.  I'm just hoping we can beat the crap out of them next week and crush their tournament hopes.  If they had played anything close to our schedule there is no way they'd be sitting in 4th.   If there's any pretenders out there it's the Corn cobs.

Go Hoosiers!!!

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Considering their last season, that is an epic fail.  A year ago, Chris Collins was considered a hot coaching prospect...my oh my how the tables have turned.

Meh, Collins was/still is a hot coaching prospect.  He will land at a high profile job in due time.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Butler loses 3rd straight. This time to Georgetown. For those of us that call Indy home it's amazing to listen to tv/radio and all that Butler way crap goes silent during times like this. I would assume they are squarely in the bubble discussion. Probably still in but 3-8 vs quadrant 1 with a bad loss to Georgetown.

I think they finally made a mediocre coaching hire. There's enough residual "Butler way" to have a respectable season, but this coach doesn't look up to Butler standards.  If you are out-coached by Patrick Ewing...wow...

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think they finally made a mediocre coaching hire. There's enough residual "Butler way" to have a respectable season, but this coach doesn't look up to Butler standards.  If you are out-coached by Patrick Ewing...wow...

I wasn't blown away by the coaching hire either.  But the jury is still out.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

2 of the past 3 have been bad hires if we are assuming Jordan was. 

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

2 of the past 3 have been bad hires if we are assuming Jordan was. 

I wasn't thinking of the guy before Holtman since he was barely there.  I wouldn't consider him a bad hire with how Archie started here...just not enough time to install his philosophy.  He was smart enough to have Holtman on staff too.  Lavall may work out but the early returns are not really encouraging.

Regarding Kentucky. 6th or 7th in SEC and sub .500 conference record. Maybe putting them at 9th or 10th in NCAA tourney was generous on my part few weeks ago. They might miss it entirely and that would make 2 NIT berths in 5 years for UK and their $8 million per year man.

Something will have to give soon. Cal's ego won't let him fail at Kentucky but UK fan is UK fan for a reason. They expect Saban/Bama results. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Regarding Kentucky. 6th or 7th in SEC and sub .500 conference record. Maybe putting them at 9th or 10th in NCAA tourney was generous on my part few weeks ago. They might miss it entirely and that would make 2 NIT berths in 5 years for UK and their $8 million per year man.

Something will have to give soon. Cal's ego won't let him fail at Kentucky but UK fan is UK fan for a reason. They expect Saban/Bama results. 

UK fans have nothing to worry about.  Cal will buy himself a new team for next season. 

3 minutes ago, rico said:

But what is Cal going to do with this team?  I don't think the NBA wants any of them?

That's going to be the fun part here. He has a bad batch who all should come back. Now add the bad batch to kids who usually would go there (recruits might look elsewhere now) and what do you have? Potentially another season like this. 

Archived