Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Hopefully he is still in the protocol on Wednesday. 

Had started all of the "Fighting Illini" games till Sunday. Concussed diving for a ball in practice on Saturday. Won't even dress for Sunday's game. Medical has ok'd him to watch the game from the locker room. Took a big hit.   Nice kid.  Like you... hope the protocol holds through Wednesday.  And the "Fighting Illini"   have to go small against IU. 

50 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Carsen is extremely talented and can get his own shot whenever he wants. Sure he’ll be the focus but the kid is a stud. 

We'll see how much of a stud he is when he has the best defender draped over him every game next year.  He's going to have every opportunity to shine with this class gone.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Carsen is extremely talented and can get his own shot whenever he wants. Sure he’ll be the focus but the kid is a stud. 

it is tough to say but i agree with you.  i have watched pu alot this year and he is a stud.  sure he will command the best defender next year but i am willing to bet he will continue to put up big numbers

Penn St definitely looking like they have 3 losses coming maybe all 4. Up 17 now. Our loss vs Illinois continues to look bad. Oh well. Onward and upward for us. We have positive mojo going.... On the other hand...Illinois is neck and neck with Rutgers in football and now they can add basketball to how bad their athletic department is over there. Pretty impressive to be the worst at both football and basketball. Congrats Illini!

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Penn St definitely looking like they have 3 losses coming maybe all 4. Up 17 now. Our loss vs Illinois continues to look bad. Oh well. Onward and upward for us. We have positive mojo going.... On the other hand...Illinois is neck and neck with Rutgers in football and now they can add basketball to how bad their athletic department is over there. Pretty impressive to be the worst at both football and basketball. Congrats Illini!

I called the PSU win over the "Fighting Illini" before the game.  Yeah, I know... the PSU game did not help IU ,in terms of positioning for the BTT. .  However, the  "FIGHTING ILLINI"  loss was great for me to see on so many levels.... even going back 10 years.   NovaIllini... where are you tonight ?  Orange too ? 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I called the PSU win over the "Fighting Illini" before the game.  Yeah, I know... the PSU game did not help IU ,in terms of positioning for the BTT. .  However, the the "FIGHTING ILLINI"  loss was great for me to see on so many levels.... even going back 10 years.   NovaIllini... where are you tonight ?  Orange too ? 

Haha...Orange. That dude was certifiable. Quick scan of online/sites....can't believe how many of their fans are openly saying all players can leave. Underwood might have to go deep into Juco/Grad transfers this off season. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Haha...Orange. That dude was certifiable. Quick scan of online/sites....can't believe how many of their fans are openly saying all players can leave. Underwood might have to go deep into Juco/Grad transfers this off season. 

Stay tuned.  I plan on starting a Brad Underwood thread tomorrow. It's not all bad. Just what I think he should do... to turn his program around.  Kind of relates to what you have just posted. 

21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Stay tuned.  I plan on starting a Brad Underwood thread tomorrow. It's not all bad. Just what I think he should do... to turn his program around.  Kind of relates to what you have just posted. 

Whether he wants  it or not...he's going to go the Iowa St route for a couple years and pray he hits on some chances. Look forward to the thread!

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Yep. I just took a look at PSU’s remaining schedule though...yikes. 

41C4FC46-C564-4900-9B39-D8E17E90F495.png

I saw that graphic near the end of the game and came away feeling like IU will most likely be the 6 seed in the B1G tourney.  Isn't that about where IU was last year?

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

We'll see how much of a stud he is when he has the best defender draped over him every game next year.  He's going to have every opportunity to shine with this class gone.

I’m guessing he usually draws the best perimeter defenders right now since he’s a tougher guard than PJ or Mathias. It’s not like he’s doing this against subpar defenders. 

5 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

The difference as I see it will be like what Yogi experienced when he had other really good options on the floor vs when he was on the 2013 team with very few other threats ready to contribute. Edwards is quite good, but there are driving lanes for him right now simply because the four other people on the floor can’t be left alone. Next year, the lane will be very clogged. I know that Purdue will have some other pieces, but Yogi had sheehey and Vonleh as well as a few very athletic freshmen and there was just not much room to operate.

also, teams will have more fouls to give because Haarms (who may give himself a stroke with more minutes on the floor is much more guardable than Haas) will take them on Edwards as he drives...it’s just not going to be the same for him next year...

Carsen can get to the rim easily and if they close off the lanes, he has a solid midrange game and can hit pull-up jumpers. He’s such a tough cover. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Carsen can get to the rim easily and if they close off the lanes, he has a solid midrange game and can hit pull-up jumpers. He’s such a tough cover. 

So in a post drawing comparisons to how Yogi struggled you double down on Edwards being a supreme talent. Do you even believe the stuff you write?

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nah, trust me it won't be the same next year.  You are looking at it through black and gold glasses.  When talent around him leaves his game ain't gonna be the same.  It will take some adjustment.......if it evens comes at all.  

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m guessing he usually draws the best perimeter defenders right now since he’s a tougher guard than PJ or Mathias. It’s not like he’s doing this against subpar defenders. 

You're still not addressing the multiple threats with this team that will be gone next year.

Trust me...he's definitely gonna find the defense tougher when he's the focal point.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Bizarre story regarding a UK player suspension...

https://sports.yahoo.com/kentucky-sophomore-reportedly-protected-armed-student-parties-003209788.html

I guess you know UK's season is going badly when players need armed protection at campus parties.

What ?  That is crazy, sad, and pathetic.....all at the same time. Not what a college experience should ever be like. 

17 hours ago, HoagieRoll said:

any chance we could move all this to Rico's, Riverrat's, and Boiler's 'Purdue' thread or maybe GBI?

Feel like any time i'm on this site theres pages and pages of Purdue talk--with a couple people defending their legitimacy and the rest of us happy they're going south. 

I just want to come on my IU fan board and be able to trash PU without opposition, is that too much to ask?! 

couldn't agree more.  drives me crazy that Purdouche is our top topic.

Archived