Around the B1G/NCAA

4 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Kansas has chemistry issues from what I saw.  

Kentucky doesn't have an alpha.  

X.  I wasn't super impressed.  If that's a top 3 team, see my post about college basketball being garbage this year.  

KU has no depth at all and only plays 6 guys and they have very little size.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol. It’ll be a rebuilding year but you act like they have nothing left. They return a front runner for BTPOY and Haarms is already pretty solid for a freshman big. All we need is some contributions from the freshmen/redshirt freshmen and we’ll have a chance to be a tournament team. 

From conference title contenders to a fringe tourney team....*shudder* gives me post traumatic stress. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol. It’ll be a rebuilding year but you act like they have nothing left. They return a front runner for BTPOY and Haarms is already pretty solid for a freshman big. All we need is some contributions from the freshmen/redshirt freshmen and we’ll have a chance to be a tournament team. 

You guys better hope that Carsen doesn't decide to enter the draft after seeing the rest of the starters being gone. I remember Florida championship team losing 4 starters and their point guard Green left because he did not want to stay for the rebuilding year even though he wasn't ready for the NBA.

Just now, IU Scott said:

You guys better hope that Carsen doesn't decide to enter the draft after seeing the rest of the starters being gone. I remember Florida championship team losing 4 starters and their point guard Green left because he did not want to stay for the rebuilding year even though he wasn't ready for the NBA.

I’d be very surprised if he left. He’s not going to enter the draft as that’d be silly because I doubt he’d get picked. Next year he’ll unquestionably be the guy and will put up big numbers. 

any chance we could move all this to Rico's, Riverrat's, and Boiler's 'Purdue' thread or maybe GBI?

Feel like any time i'm on this site theres pages and pages of Purdue talk--with a couple people defending their legitimacy and the rest of us happy they're going south. 

I just want to come on my IU fan board and be able to trash PU without opposition, is that too much to ask?! 

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d be very surprised if he left. He’s not going to enter the draft as that’d be silly because I doubt he’d get picked. Next year he’ll unquestionably be the guy and will put up big numbers. 

Like I said Green from Florida was in the same situation and left and he was was not drafted as well.

13 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

any chance we could move all this to Rico's, Riverrat's, and Boiler's 'Purdue' thread or maybe GBI?

Feel like any time i'm on this site theres pages and pages of Purdue talk--with a couple people defending their legitimacy and the rest of us happy they're going south. 

I just want to come on my IU fan board and be able to trash PU without opposition, is that too much to ask?! 

Yeah I'm not sure about the love affair for Perdon't either, I mean this is an INDIANA board afterall.....

33 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Trash away!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it’s a slump. I think Vince, Dakota, and PJ are all good players who are slumping. Don’t think it’s them being exposed. Mathias and Vince will be all-conference guys so clearly they’re talented and PJ is a really good shooter. How is it being exposed when they’re missing open shots?

Purdue has now been out-rebounded 8 games in a row. Are their rebounders in a slump as well?

24 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You don’t think Carsen will be one of the front runners for BTPOY next year? He has a good chance to make it this year and several of the other guys who make it will be gone next year. Why is that so hilarious?

Guess what?  He's going to be the defensive focus of any team playing Purdue next year.  I don't see him doing nearly as well without four seniors to take the focus away from him.  That's kind of been IU's problem this year...not enough weapons.  I see Morgan as more of a threat to be BTPOY to be honest. He's at least proven he can deal with being the focus of the defense.  We'll see how Carson handles that next year with very little around him.

30 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You don’t think Carsen will be one of the front runners for BTPOY next year? He has a good chance to make it this year and several of the other guys who make it will be gone next year. Why is that so hilarious?

No. He may be a dark horse, but not a front runner. A front runner would be considered one of the best couple players in the conference and likely on a good team, can't say either of those describe Edwards next season. 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

UW did lose 4 starters from last year and returned a great player yet they are 11-16 and that could be PU next year.

And if that happens for PU.  Let's see what the world of college basketball has to say about Painter in terms of his coaching acumen.  Still think Archie is doing a marvelous job at IU considering the hand that Crean dealt to him.  Especially how Archie has turned players he did not recruit.... around in terms of defense... something Crean never emphasized. 

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Guess what?  He's going to be the defensive focus of any team playing Purdue next year.  I don't see him doing nearly as well without four seniors to take the focus away from him.  That's kind of been IU's problem this year...not enough weapons.  I see Morgan as more of a threat to be BTPOY to be honest. He's at least proven he can deal with being the focus of the defense.  We'll see how Carson handles that next year with very little around him.

Carsen is extremely talented and can get his own shot whenever he wants. Sure he’ll be the focus but the kid is a stud. 

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Carsen is extremely talented and can get his own shot whenever he wants. Sure he’ll be the focus but the kid is a stud. 

The difference as I see it will be like what Yogi experienced when he had other really good options on the floor vs when he was on the 2013 team with very few other threats ready to contribute. Edwards is quite good, but there are driving lanes for him right now simply because the four other people on the floor can’t be left alone. Next year, the lane will be very clogged. I know that Purdue will have some other pieces, but Yogi had sheehey and Vonleh as well as a few very athletic freshmen and there was just not much room to operate.

also, teams will have more fouls to give because Haarms (who may give himself a stroke with more minutes on the floor is much more guardable than Haas) will take them on Edwards as he drives...it’s just not going to be the same for him next year...

Archived