Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mchenry34 said:

Our game against OSU is going to be a pretty tall task I think. I think the scouting report on us right now would include attacking the offensive boards and OSU has some guys we will have a hard time keeping from second chance points. Need to be much better in that area this week. I think we need to single Wesson. Our lineups should also favor Smith vs. McSwain do that Wesson has to come out on the floor and guard. 

Bit of a conundrum we are in, no? Offensively playing Smith definitely does make sense, but then Wesson can probably bully us on the block and rebounding could be an issue. Obviously McSwain fixes that, but then could clog up the floor on offense. 

If Morgan can play like he has, and not like he did against Iowa, he should be able to hold his own at the 5 but if he cannot we need Freddie. End of the day, both McSwain and Smith see vital to our success. 

15 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

There went some of the "quality" out of the two remaining opponents we hope to see IU beat! 

Flip side is we are probably playing the second best ball in the conference behind MSU.  A run to the finals would not be a big surprise at this point.  

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Flip side is we are probably playing the second best ball in the conference behind MSU.  A run to the finals would not be a big surprise at this point.  

This is a bit of a stretch.  We’re coming off a stretch of wins against the clear cut worst four teams in the conference, and the last two wins haven’t been very convincing.  A run to the conference finals would be a huge surprise.

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Gotta  ask anybody still think Marshall is the answer?

I'm cracking up at this since I know how many were flying the G.M. flag both before and shortly after Archie was hired.. 

On a separate note, Donny Marshall is the answer to the Jeopardy topic:  Name the Candy Stripe hater who can eat a bag of expletives. 

I want to put my first comment about the WSU coach into proper context because I like him as a coach.

However, I'll never think a coach with a drunken loudmouth spouse who embarrasses her husband and his program are a good fit for IU.

Winning is only worth so much, and Archie is taking us in the right direction without the distracting sideshow. It's a nice change from "Meet the Harbaughs", "Cheating with the Sampsons", and "How to wear emotion on your sleeves with style" featuring Mike Davis

10 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Thanks for the clarification.......  Yes I would have been happy with Marshall if it wasn't going to be CAM. They just took down #5 Cincy. The man can coach.

No doubt the guy can coach, but I never bought into the idea he was a serious upgrade that would get us banner 6

Archived