Around the B1G/NCAA

31 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

gotta be honest... not something i put extensive time and research into.  i do not approach every person i see on the streets and ask "Hey, buddy, do you know where Purdue is located?"  

I got a room and a bed with rails and straps for you if you do.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, rico said:

I am gonna chime in on this as guy that travels for work.  It really might be surprising to a lot of people in this state how many people on the East coast, ACC land, the South, the left coast........that have no idea where Purdue, Butler, and even Notre Dame are located.  Many know the state......but don't know the town/city.

That makes sense. Id guess a decent number of people think ND is somewhere on the East coast. 

15 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i agree.  my point would be that none of those teams are relevant nationally.

I have no side in this discussion but this statement shows your bias- geographically and by focusing on 2 sports.

Stanford has more national championships than any other college in the country 

8 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I have no side in this discussion but this statement shows your bias- geographically and by focusing on 2 sports.

I really think it has to do with his hate of Purdue.  Nothing wrong with that.  

11 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

oh definitely admit talking about 2 sports.  and i would argue that most fans would know that Stanford is in California anyway.

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

And that’s fine. But it’s clearly not a Purdue-specific thing. It’s likely that way with plenty of other schools. 

really this whole thing started with me simply stating a fact that i have spoken to plenty of people in this area that do not know where Purdue is.  clearly everyone knows where Indiana is.  admittedly that is a little obvious.  all bball fans know where KY is.  Duke, NC, UCLA, Michigan St., Kansas, Syracuse, Arizona, Louisville, etc.  i'm saying people don't care about Purdouche.  

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

And that’s fine. But it’s clearly not a Purdue-specific thing. It’s likely that way with plenty of other schools. 

It sure is.  Notre Dame is a great example.  Hell, a couple of years ago I was sitting at the club with my buddy(he's from Wisconsin) and IU was playing Ball St. in football.  He asked my where Ball St. was located.  I said we are an hour away from Muncie!!!!!

1 minute ago, rico said:

It sure is.  Notre Dame is a great example.  Hell, a couple of years ago I was sitting at the club with my buddy(he's from Wisconsin) and IU was playing Ball St. in football.  He asked my where Ball St. was located.  I said we are an hour away from Muncie!!!!!

yeah, so are we saying that Purdue is looked at equally to Ball St. across the country?

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i would personally not know what town many of the top schools are in.  i would know some.  i'm saying i know many in this area that don't know what state Purdue is in.

There was a guy that posted on a previous version of this board named Government Cheese that didn't know what planet HE was on most of the time 

:panic::panic:

Archived