Car Talk (and Truck Talk too)

43 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Haven't negotiated yet. They'll get it back in premiums for sure. 

What's the buy back? What does it take to make it driveable and modestly cosmetically acceptable? Anyway to end up with money in your pocket and still drive that car for 6 months, a year, 2 years? then go buy a different one? 

I'm just thinking of how to leverage for YOUR upside $$ .  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

What's the buy back? What does it take to make it driveable and modestly cosmetically acceptable? Anyway to end up with money in your pocket and still drive that car for 6 months, a year, 2 years? then go buy a different one? 

I'm just thinking of how to leverage for YOUR upside $$ .  

Parts and labor $6800. That is the quote 

If I had a lift and garage I'd fix it myself.

• Like 1

Not just physical damage, I had a really good mechanic in rural Georgia. Found him on recommendation from some high end people two counties away. He knew I worked for a company making commercial Ice machines. He asked about what refrigerants we were using. As we talked about the direction the regulations were heading, he confessed he couldn’t afford to keep up with upgrades to his AC equipment.

I noticed my son’s new bar refrigerator ran on Pentane. New regulations, much higher cost!! 

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Has anyone used Carvana? I like the idea of clicking a few buttons and have a car delivered. 

Used car lots are pretty bare right now and I don't know if I could even find what I want. 

I haven’t but a guy I worked with last year did. He had nothing but good to say about the whole experience!! They handled the financing directly with his bank and everything else. He highly recommended!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Has anyone used Carvana? I like the idea of clicking a few buttons and have a car delivered. 

Used car lots are pretty bare right now and I don't know if I could even find what I want. 

Just like any used car take it to your local mechanic and have them do a pre-purchase inspection. It’s usually $80-$100. Any mechanic worthwhile will know what to look for and have the ability to put it on a lift to find the things you might not see.  Getting someone else’s problem is always my concern when it comes to used cars. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Since cars are now considered just disposable, impersonal commodities, why not get something plug and play. 
gone are the days of having a sense of pride in your ride for us urban honkies. 

But down here in Bama, the brothers still got some killer old school hoopty lead sleds! I kinda envy them while crusin my 07’ ford ranger…. Stock and ghey. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 9:17 AM, mrflynn03 said:

If you haven't looked at their stock price you may want to before you buy something from them. Looks like they are on the verge of going out of business...quickly. In the last year the stock price was $245+. Today it's $4.97

5 hours ago, DWB said:

If you haven't looked at their stock price you may want to before you buy something from them. Looks like they are on the verge of going out of business...quickly. In the last year the stock price was $245+. Today it's $4.97

What would it make any difference it they go out of business? If your transaction is over, how would it affect you? It's not like they actually make anything.

On 12/18/2022 at 1:47 PM, DWB said:

At the risk of being banned for politics,    okay I won’t!

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Used car prices are down 8% from last November.  Think I'll manage for a while longer and see if they drop more before I buy. 

They should. I saw a recent forecast saying they might go down another 10% throughout 2023. I'd say late 2023 would be a good time. Of course there are always deals if you are willing to scour the market and travel.  My son just bought a 2020 Ram 1500 for $6k under the market price. 

• Like 2

On 12/18/2022 at 6:53 PM, Joe_Hoopsier said:

What would it make any difference it they go out of business? If your transaction is over, how would it affect you? It's not like they actually make anything.

The key phrase is "if you're transaction is over". I'm not familiar with their terms, but I would suspect there is a sizable down payment before delivery. You could easily lose that with their financial troubles.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Anybody going to be getting in line to buy this?

https://www.rezvanimotors.com/rezvani-vengeance#vengeance-interior-gallery-home

With the military package its $500k but you get night vision, EMP protection and electrified door handles.

1SWAT_BLUE_MATTE.jpg?format=1000w

I'll go in halfsies but I'll need some time to get a crew together to aquire the funds. 

• Haha 1