Big Ten 2020

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

That's fine....As I said previously, the occasional visit from a fan of another school is fine. Having a person from our biggest rival having almost 1000 posts here, and having so many threads go down the Purdue sinkhole, is the problem, imo. I probably am the only one here with this concern, but I really find that this board is way too open in tolerating conversation about all things Purdue. Don't care who they are playing, why they are losing, who they are recruiting, blah,blah, blah. Ad nauseum, as I said previously. Also can't understand any IU fan who also claims allegiances to Purdue in any way, shape or form. At some point, you either are or aren't an IU fan. Again, could you imagine a UM fan who also roots for OSU?

Different perspectives are one thing, but too much of that perspective is where the problem lies.

Each to their own, I suppose.  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, since NW/Minny is officially cancelled, does that make NW the West champs?  Even if NW loses to Illinois, that makes them 5-2.  If Iowa wins out, they are 6-2, but NW owns the tie-breaker due to head to head.  Basically, is it number of losses or winning percentage that is the determining factor when teams have an uneven amount of games?

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, since NW/Minny is officially cancelled, does that make NW the West champs?  Even if NW loses to Illinois, that makes them 5-2.  If Iowa wins out, they are 6-2, but NW owns the tie-breaker due to head to head.  Basically, is it number of losses or winning percentage that is the determining factor when teams have an uneven amount of games?

Good question...I'm so confused by how things will be decided this year my head is spinning. I need a "2020 guide to figuring out the big ten football standings for dummies" book.

23 hours ago, 5fouls said:

My understanding is that if both teams reach the 6 game thresh hold(NW and Iowa have) and both have the same number of losses then it comes down to head-to-head.  But of course I could be wrong.

43 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Maryland- Michigan game cancelled, effectively ending Maryland’s championship hopes

Going to be a fun 4-5 days. I didn't the Big10's leadership could take another hit. Watch what happens if Michigan bails and Ohio St is left holding the bag and not get a chance at CFP because right now they haven't played enough games and haven't passed the eye test as one of top 4.

Shoot that's why the ACC wouldn't schedule ND/Miami. ACC is trying to get 2 in CFP. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Going to be a fun 4-5 days. I didn't the Big10's leadership could take another hit. Watch what happens if Michigan bails and Ohio St is left holding the bag and not get a chance at CFP because right now they haven't played enough games and haven't passed the eye test as one of top 4.

Shoot that's why the ACC wouldn't schedule ND/Miami. ACC is trying to get 2 in CFP. 

I think OSU cancels this weekend, they are just trying to keep it low for now

Archived