Big Ten 2020

1 hour ago, madmax said:

I’ll be honest, I’ve been shocked with Brohms performance over the past four years. His first year then went 7-6 and I legitimately thought that they would be contending in the Big Ten West every year. But since then they have gone 6-7, 4-8, and now they’re 2-3 and odds are they’ll have another losing season. I know that injuries helped wreck their season last year, but still. Plus I think the consensus is that Rondale Moore is going pro after this year, don’t know about David Bell, but they are definitely gonna miss those two pieces when they’re gone.

7-6 set unrealistic expectations in year 1 unfortunately. He brought in a ton of grad transfers as bandages and won a lot quicker than people thought he would. He had to completely rebuild a depleted roster and it’s taken time. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Are 2 games good enough now to call the defense horrible? Lol doesn’t matter who you get back on D they are AWFUL. Need to overhaul the system or new D coordinator or something. Pathetic. 
On the bride side you still have the 2 best receivers in the conference. To bad your Defense is so bad it doesn’t matter. What a waste. 

Not trending the right way unfortunately. Scheme seems to be a problem. It’s not a lack of talent. 

12 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Hilarious how Brohm completely fleeced PU based off 1 win against OSU. They went what, 4-8 last year? And if their game against UW didn't get cancelled they'd be 2-4 this year.

But he gets $6M per year because his team happened to be that one team that plays an inspired home game against a top team. Happens every year.

It wasn’t based off of that one win lol. That win helped but a lot more went into it then that. 

Man, I am sick of all the conversation about Purdue on this forum. Almost comes across that folks have gone soft.

Who gives a rats adz about Brohm, their wr’s, their frickin’ injuries.

Boiler whines-and whines, and people here play right into it like an IU fan base should care .

Hope Purdue, their fans, and so-called Hoosier fans who also root for the Toiletmakers take their “fandom “ elsewhere.

I am 4th of a 5 generation family of IU graduates. I can feel my ancestors rolling in their graves over the way Purdue is being treated here.

Smh 

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Man, I am sick of all the conversation about Purdue on this forum. Almost comes across that folks have gone soft.

Who gives a rats adz about Brohm, their wr’s, their frickin’ injuries.

Boiler whines-and whines, and people here play right into it like an IU fan base should care .

Hope Purdue, their fans, and so-called Hoosier fans who also root for the Toiletmakers take their “fandom “ elsewhere.

I am 4th of a 5 generation family of IU graduates. I can feel my ancestors rolling in their graves over the way Purdue is being treated here.

Smh 

It’s a B1G thread lol. 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Yes and you are being treated with much more respect than you deserve. Gold and Black would never put up with an IU fan posting as much as you do here.

Lol

They would if they posted in a civil manner and didn’t troll. Do I not deserve respect simply because I’m a Purdue fan?

42 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Hilarious how Brohm completely fleeced PU based off 1 win against OSU. They went what, 4-8 last year? And if their game against UW didn't get cancelled they'd be 2-4 this year.

But he gets $6M per year because his team happened to be that one team that plays an inspired home game against a top team. Happens every year.

The farther removed we are from that OSU win, the more I'm starting to believe OSU threw that game for Tyler Trent. 

(I'm joking, boiler, no need to respond to this one)

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Trash talking an arch-rival is soft? This stuff is what makes sports great. It's way better than all the namby-pamby, "you guys have a tough squad! You'll be a tough out in 2 years! You're better than your record!" riff-raff I see far too much of on IU boards these days. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Trash talking an arch-rival is soft? This stuff is what makes sports great. It's way better than all the namby-pamby, "you guys have a tough squad! You'll be a tough out in 2 years! You're better than your record!" riff-raff I see far too much of on IU boards these days. 

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!  

16 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I don’t see enough of that.

The basketball conversation has devolved into who is sick or hurt on Purdue and why they lost because of that.

The recruiting forum has an ongoing conversation about the latest Purdue commitment.

The football page has almost as much commentary on the PU-Rutgers game, their coaches, ad nauseum as our Maryland postgame thread.

I don’t mind an occasional post from another fan base poster. BruceDouglas posts every so often. Used to be an MSU fan that would visit here or on the old site.

Boiler and Purdue discussion has permeated this forum much to much.

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I don’t see enough of that.

The basketball conversation has devolved into who is sick or hurt on Purdue and why they lost because of that.

The recruiting forum has an ongoing conversation about the latest Purdue commitment.

The football page has almost as much commentary on the PU-Rutgers game, their coaches, ad nauseum as our Maryland postgame thread.

I don’t mind an occasional post from another fan base poster. BruceDouglas posts every so often. Used to be an MSU fan that would visit here or on the old site.

Boiler and Purdue discussion has permeated this forum much to much.

I could agree that non stop Purdue talk would be obnoxious elsewhere(haven’t seen it, so I’ll take your word for it), but this is after all the  B10 thread where we talk about B10 teams which Purdue is(despite their imitation as a MAC team lately).

Looking at the Big Ten East. Think it's fair to say every program has met or exceeded preseason expectations besides Michigan and Penn St. When I look at Big Ten West I think only Northwestern, maybe Iowa can say they've met or exceeded expectations.

Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota, all taking steps backwards and now their coaches hit that uncomfortable question on the recruiting trail. Are you going to be around? 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Looking at the Big Ten East. Think it's fair to say every program has met or exceeded preseason expectations besides Michigan and Penn St. When I look at Big Ten West I think only Northwestern, maybe Iowa can say they've met or exceeded expectations.

Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota, all taking steps backwards and now their coaches hit that uncomfortable question on the recruiting trail. Are you going to be around? 

There are a lot of B1G coaches that are going to be getting that question in the offseason.  Only a couple are on really hot seats, but there are a ton of seats that are getting warmer.

10 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

There are a lot of B1G coaches that are going to be getting that question in the offseason.  Only a couple are on really hot seats, but there are a ton of seats that are getting warmer.

That's the thing. If a coach walks in my living room from any of the schools I mentioned taking steps back and I ask them are you going to be around in 2025 when my kid graduates and they say absolutely I'd have to laugh to myself. Same for Harbaugh/Franklin too. Great opportunity for Allen/IU to cement themselves as a upper tier program in Big 10 while 5-6 of these other schools fall back. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the thing. If a coach walks in my living room from any of the schools I mentioned taking steps back and I ask them are you going to be around in 2025 when my kid graduates and they say absolutely I'd have to laugh to myself. Same for Harbaugh/Franklin too. Great opportunity for Allen/IU to cement themselves as a upper tier program in Big 10 while 5-6 of these other schools fall back. 

And it is great timing.  The 2022 class has a lot of in state talent.

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yes and you are being treated with much more respect than you deserve. Gold and Black would never put up with an IU fan posting as much as you do here.

Lol

I, for one, wish more opposing fans posted here.  I love the insight they bring.  And if it turns into trash talking so be it.  I think we all have close friends that don't share our fandom.  Hell, my Dad is a Purdue grad.

Archived