Big Ten 2020

Ok since this happened a week ago I feel safer bringing out to the message board world. So last Saturday former Illinois coach and NFL guy Mike White called into Illinois radio talk show. Long story short he's getting up there in years (not sure if anything else is going on) and let it slip on air he was asked by Commissioner Kevin Warren (old NFL comrades) to call in and say he was a guy who got off to a rough start but he's a really good guy, give him a chance,etc...

That's how it rolls in Rosemont and the Big 10 right now. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok since this happened a week ago I feel safer bringing out to the message board world. So last Saturday former Illinois coach and NFL guy Mike White called into Illinois radio talk show. Long story short he's getting up there in years (not sure if anything else is going on) and let it slip on air he was asked by Commissioner Kevin Warren (old NFL comrades) to call in and say he was a guy who got off to a rough start but he's a really good guy, give him a chance,etc...

That's how it rolls in Rosemont and the Big 10 right now. 

Wow.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

There is no way a 5-0 OSU would deserve in the CFP over  an 11-1 Clemson or ND. You would have to think they need at least 7 or 8 wins. 

Its not about deserving... its about getting the BEST in. If the committee feels OSU is BETTER... then they should be in. Shouldnt matter if they play 1 or 11 games. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Its not about deserving... its about getting the BEST in. If the committee feels OSU is BETTER... then they should be in. Shouldnt matter if they play 1 or 11 games. 

Thsts where I disagree. Most teams have the opportunity for a bad injury or a weather related game where they lose 1 they shouldn't.  Those extra 6 games are a big difference maker in my.opinion. I think they are top 4 for sure but too many variables in they don't get to at least 7 or 8 games

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Thsts where I disagree. Most teams have the opportunity for a bad injury or a weather related game where they lose 1 they shouldn't.  Those extra 6 games are a big difference maker in my.opinion. I think they are top 4 for sure but too many variables in they don't get to at least 7 or 8 games

I meant to say... that's what the committee looks for.. the best team. They've already shown "deserving" isn't in their criteria as much as eye test and among others things. 

Just now, btownqb said:

I meant to say... that's what the committee looks for.. the best team. They've already shown "deserving" isn't in their criteria as much as eye test and among others things. 

I just dont see it happening though. I dont think it matters because the Big will do whatever it takes to get OSU IN

57 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

There is no way a 5-0 OSU would deserve in the CFP over  an 11-1 Clemson or ND. You would have to think they need at least 7 or 8 wins. 

We're still gonna need some help. First we need beat Wisky tomorrow. Here's to hoping OSU plays this weekend (with limited players).....and MSU pulls the upset. That will shut things up a bit. 

Archived