Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know Brohm. You have those 2 guys and you make that call? Either way....ton of $ being spent not to get by first year program in Rutgers. 

That was such a terrible play call.  Horvath had been running all over them too.  Just hand him the ball and he's going to get at least a yard or two.

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

That was such a terrible play call.  Horvath had been running all over them too.  Just hand him the ball and he's going to get at least a yard or two.

I lucked into seeing it. Was watching Frosty The Snowman. Frosty came back to life....everyone is happy and I flip on the game and that was my first play. I doubt Brohm gets challenged by the local media guys but wtf? 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I lucked into seeing it. Was watching Frosty The Snowman. Frosty came back to life....everyone is happy and I flip on the game and that was my first play. I doubt Brohm gets challenged by the local media guys but wtf? 

You were just now watching the Nebraska game?  Oh wait, that Frosty isn't coming back to life.

1 minute ago, BeerBQ said:

Why not? I don’t know much about him other than the defense we’re watching now. 

I did some Googling when he was hired, and checked previous team's message boards from around the time he was coaching those teams.  Nobody had good things to say about him on the field, and dude has screws loose off the field.  He seems like someone who would fit in well with Fleck.  Just all crazy bs and blowing smoke and not actually getting anything done outside of a lucky year here and there.

15 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I did some Googling when he was hired, and checked previous team's message boards from around the time he was coaching those teams.  Nobody had good things to say about him on the field, and dude has screws loose off the field.  He seems like someone who would fit in well with Fleck.  Just all crazy bs and blowing smoke and not actually getting anything done outside of a lucky year here and there.

Got it 😆

Message boards are an underrated way to research hires. I always try to gauge the attitude of the team they’re leaving. 

I’ll be honest, I’ve been shocked with Brohms performance over the past four years. His first year then went 7-6 and I legitimately thought that they would be contending in the Big Ten West every year. But since then they have gone 6-7, 4-8, and now they’re 2-3 and odds are they’ll have another losing season. I know that injuries helped wreck their season last year, but still. Plus I think the consensus is that Rondale Moore is going pro after this year, don’t know about David Bell, but they are definitely gonna miss those two pieces when they’re gone.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

To think IU had to settle for that Mr Irrelevvant guy in all of those articles anointing future legendary greatness on Brohm, Fleck and Frost..

Wonder if he still coaching somewhere. I mean, what was Fred Glass thinking for crying out loud. 😆

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

We got boned on another bad call unfortunately. Took away an interception on a “roughing” penalty. 

Man, if it wasn't for all these bad calls and injured players, Purdue would be undefeated. Officials really need to stop calling penalties on them and players really need to stop getting injured so we can see Purdue's true potential. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s a terrible loss. 

Are 2 games good enough now to call the defense horrible? Lol doesn’t matter who you get back on D they are AWFUL. Need to overhaul the system or new D coordinator or something. Pathetic. 
On the bride side you still have the 2 best receivers in the conference. To bad your Defense is so bad it doesn’t matter. What a waste. 

Archived