From our old home. 247 ranks the top college FB coaches

milehiiu

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That game should’ve never been played tbh. All risk zero reward for playing a team like that at their place haha. 

I don't think it was that bad.  No offense, but Nevada was garbage.  It was similar to us having a home and home with UCONN.  Nevada was 112 in SP+, and if you guys would have beat them, they probably would have been 120 or worse.

I think your non conference schedule this year was some of the worst scheduling around.  Why schedule Air Force, Boston College, and Memphis?  That had a chance to be a major disaster for you guys.  Could have gone well too, but why take the risk?

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't think it was that bad.  No offense, but Nevada was garbage.  It was similar to us having a home and home with UCONN.  Nevada was 112 in SP+, and if you guys would have beat them, they probably would have been 120 or worse.

I think your non conference schedule this year was some of the worst scheduling around.  Why schedule Air Force, Boston College, and Memphis?  That had a chance to be a major disaster for you guys.  Could have gone well too, but why take the risk?

I meant more from a time-zone perspective more than anything. Playing Uconn it’s still Eastern time zone. A night game multiple times zones away was dumb but yeah we still should’ve won that game. 

Boston College was a home and home but yeah I know what you mean re Air Force and Memphis. Brohm wants a challenging non-conference schedule so there you have it. I like to be challenged but I think there should be a few cupcake games sprinkled in too. Maybe one tough one and 2 cupcakes haha. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I meant more from a time-zone perspective more than anything. Playing Uconn it’s still Eastern time zone. A night game multiple times zones away was dumb but yeah we still should’ve won that game. 

Boston College was a home and home but yeah I know what you mean re Air Force and Memphis. Brohm wants a challenging non-conference schedule so there you have it. I like to be challenged but I think there should be a few cupcake games sprinkled in too. Maybe one tough one and 2 cupcakes haha. 

I'll be nice and not call you out on your excuses haha.

I one tough and 2 cupcakes is about right.  I haven't minded our 3 cupcakes lately, because we're IU football.  We need as many wins as we can get.  I know we have a few tougher games scheduled the next few years, so it will be nice to get a chance to win some tougher games in the non conference.

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You as well sir. Hope all is well in CO. 

As far as the mile family is concerned.... we are well.  However... air quality has been poor for days.... due to California wildfires.... and multiple Colorado wildfires on the Western Slope. 

My high school coach my Senior year came from Trinity High School. Was defensive coordinator when Jeff Brohms younger brother Brian was quarterback.  A great man, marine veteran, played for San Diego State university, and now coaches for a big California high school around Los Angeles. And at one time coached a Colorado high school to the state championship, cant remember if they won or not. 

9 minutes ago, Sark said:

Even though Brohm has been responsible for a sizable increase in Purdue’s attendance, while Allen hasn’t been able to generate the same kind of bounce? 

I do wonder what it would take for your guys attendance to take a significant step forward tbh. I think it was the NW game last year IIRC that surprised me that attendance wasn’t a lot better for. 

I dont really know why we expected the attendance to change dramatically from one week to the next mid season last year. It was COLD against NW too. 

I would have been shocked if our attendance wasn't going to be better this year, shocked. 

Purdues attendance is irrelevant. They've had better attendance than us except for the last 8 years when they've sucked. 🤷‍♂️ none of this is news. 

40 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I dont really know why we expected the attendance to change dramatically from one week to the next mid season last year. It was COLD against NW too. 

I would have been shocked if our attendance wasn't going to be better this year, shocked. 

Purdues attendance is irrelevant. They've had better attendance than us except for the last 8 years when they've sucked. 🤷‍♂️ none of this is news. 

Guessing it was worse during Hazell but better during Hope/Brohm. 

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

My high school coach my Senior year came from Trinity High School. Was defensive coordinator when Jeff Brohms younger brother Brian was quarterback.  A great man, marine veteran, played for San Diego State university, and now coaches for a big California high school around Los Angeles. And at one time coached a Colorado high school to the state championship, cant remember if they won or not. 

I don't know about Brian coaching a Colorado High School team.  Not saying it is not true.  Our local high school .... Cherry Creek has 247 state championships in multiple sports.  I think I would have known if Brian coached in our conference.... as I follow our conference closely.  On the other hand. There is a Colorado connection. As surprisingly, Brian was drafted by the Colorado Rockies. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I do wonder what it would take for your guys attendance to take a significant step forward tbh. I think it was the NW game last year IIRC that surprised me that attendance wasn’t a lot better for. 

Would have better attendance in Memorial stadium if they played basketball out there, just kidding.  Until they consistently win and compete with the best I don't see it changing much. To me it is all about the fans mind set that needs to change and make the football game the reason you go to the stadium.  To many people are there to party and tailgate and the game is an after thought.  We have like 25-30k fans who are loyal but we need to get more students and fans to stay in their seats.  I don't see to many other fans who complain about the weather if they stay or not.  Early it is just to hot to sit in the stands then later it is either to cold or rainy.  You think other fan bases in the conference think this way.  I set through the whole game at Purdue last year and it was so cold and rainy but I was there until the very end.

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I don't know about Brian coaching a Colorado High School team.  Not saying it is not true.  Our local high school .... Cherry Creek has 247 state championships in multiple sports.  I think I would have known if Brian coached in our conference.... as I follow our conference closely.  On the other hand. There is a Colorado connection. As surprisingly, Brian was drafted by the Colorado Rockies. 

My coaches name was John.  He was DC at Trinity the year before he was at my school. And before Trinity he was at a high school in CO. I just messaged him the other day and went back and looked at his profile, was DC at Bear Creek HS. We had about 25 players my SR year and he would remind us he helped coach a team of 22 kids to state in CO a few years before. 

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Would have better attendance in Memorial stadium if they played basketball out there, just kidding.  Until they consistently win and compete with the best I don't see it changing much. To me it is all about the fans mind set that needs to change and make the football game the reason you go to the stadium.  To many people are there to party and tailgate and the game is an after thought.  We have like 25-30k fans who are loyal but we need to get more students and fans to stay in their seats.  I don't see to many other fans who complain about the weather if they stay or not.  Early it is just to hot to sit in the stands then later it is either to cold or rainy.  You think other fan bases in the conference think this way.  I set through the whole game at Purdue last year and it was so cold and rainy but I was there until the very end.

Yes, Scott, they do. Congrats on staying, I was being realistic about a cold as balls 8pm start game. Smh. 

You cant see that a 330pm start when it's 55 degrees would have impacted the attendance at that game? I can't help you there. 

The football team is more competitive than the basketball team right now. Basketball team can't even keep it within 50 at Wisconsin. They're embarrassed regularly on the road, just kidding though. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes, Scott, they do. Congrats on staying, I was being realistic about a cold as balls 8pm start game. Smh. 

You cant see that a 330pm start when it's 55 degrees would have impacted the attendance at that game? I can't help you there. 

The football team is more competitive than the basketball team right now. Basketball team can't even keep it within 50 at Wisconsin. They're embarrassed regularly on the road, just kidding though. 

At least get your facts straight when you are trying to downgrade the basketball team.  We beat them in 2018 and the game at IU last year was 60-56.  I would also bet other fan bases don't worry about start time of a game like this fan base does.  Why should the start time influence whether or not you go to the game.  I don't see the time or temperature interfering with tailgating so why should it influence staying in the game.  IU has the best weather of any other big ten team so that should not be a factor.

I would still stand by my thing about basketball comparison when it comes to attendance.  If we had a big enough arena I would think the basketball team could have a better attendance.  I know you are more of a football fan than basketball but it is true that in this state and this university basketball will always be king.

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

My coaches name was John.  He was DC at Trinity the year before he was at my school. And before Trinity he was at a high school in CO. I just messaged him the other day and went back and looked at his profile, was DC at Bear Creek HS. We had about 25 players my SR year and he would remind us he helped coach a team of 22 kids to state in CO a few years before. 

OK. Got ya now. I was thinking you were saying Brian was coaching in Colorado.  Bear Creek has had several good FB teams over the years. Yet my local school... Cherry Creek has had Bear Creek's number over the years.

"Bear Creek football highlights vs. Cherry Creek High" 

Archived