'20-'21 MLB Hot Stove League

rico

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

That is weird. I didn't mind Kasper....I always thought he was decent but not great. I agree with @IUFLA in regards to Brenly...I thought Brenly was pretty good. I am not a fan of Deshaies. I'm sure there is a something going on behind the scenes to cause this.

50 cent opinion. Cubs want Marquee Network to be more national than local which is why Myers might be coming in. I'm really getting some odd vibes from this Network. They better up their streaming options too. We finally get a network and the Cubs seem to think it's still 2006. 

Sad to see Kasper go honestly. I know he said today he really wanted to get back into radio but I don't know. Something isn't adding up there. Maybe a duel Pat Hughes radio/tv broadcast?

On 12/3/2020 at 3:43 PM, IU Scott said:

Read my edit where I said I would keep Castellanos in RF and have Shogo in CF and look for another LF and would had Goodwin as the 4th OF.  Castellanos bat for the most part is very good so I would definitely keep him. Here is my.lineup assuming there will be no DH.

1st- Votto

2nd- Moose

SS- free agent

3rd- Suarez

LF- free agent

CF- Shogo

RF- Castellanos

C- Stephenson

There’s a man named Jesse Winker that’ll be starting almost every game in LF with no DH. Then there will be an OF replacement if there’s a lead. 

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Jesse Winker - .280 career batting average with a .859 OPS

Tony Perez - .279 career batting average with a .804 OPS

There ya go again talking metrics.  

Always have been a big Winker fan.  I could do without his Mickey Mouse injuries though.  

On 12/19/2020 at 2:06 PM, IU Scott said:

He had a great 3 week period last year but besides that he is just average at best.

The thing is the Reds aren't signing a better OF bat this year and the offense has to get better. I think they'll get a SS, maybe a starter, and a couple of bullpen arms. They're just waiting for the market to get going because I think a lot of these FA think they'll get more than what they actually will and that's why the signings and trades haven't really taken off. 

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

The thing is the Reds aren't signing a better OF bat this year and the offense has to get better. I think they'll get a SS, maybe a starter, and a couple of bullpen arms. They're just waiting for the market to get going because I think a lot of these FA think they'll get more than what they actually will and that's why the signings and trades haven't really taken off. 

TBH, I have no freaking idea what the Reds are up to.  The odds are they don't have Bauer.  They have Sonny on the block.  And it appears now that Castillo is on the block as well.  SS?  Maybe a starter?  

1 hour ago, rico said:

TBH, I have no freaking idea what the Reds are up to.  The odds are they don't have Bauer.  They have Sonny on the block.  And it appears now that Castillo is on the block as well.  SS?  Maybe a starter?  

I don't think they are on the block. I think the Reds are looking to see what the value is of guys like Gray, Castillo, Suarez, and Moose to see what they could get back. I've seen that the Reds asking price is high which tells me they aren't just getting rid of them to save a buck. It's also smart because when Jocketty was in charge he held on to guys to long and then didn't get back quality pieces in return for guys like Bruce, Frazier, Cueto, and Chapman. This tells Krall knows the value of some of these guys is as high as it's going to be so he might as well look around because that is his job. I've also heard that it's likely their payroll will be around 120-125 million this year. That's 15-20 million less. They've already cut about that much so we'll see what happens.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I don't think they are on the block. I think the Reds are looking to see what the value is of guys like Gray, Castillo, Suarez, and Moose to see what they could get back. I've seen that the Reds asking price is high which tells me they aren't just getting rid of them to save a buck. It's also smart because when Jocketty was in charge he held on to guys to long and then didn't get back quality pieces in return for guys like Bruce, Frazier, Cueto, and Chapman. This tells Krall knows the value of some of these guys is as high as it's going to be so he might as well look around because that is his job. I've also heard that it's likely their payroll will be around 120-125 million this year. That's 15-20 million less. They've already cut about that much so we'll see what happens.

Definitely in the wait and see mode.

The Reds may lose me as a lifelong fan if they have too big of a fire-sale.  I'm really, really tired of them not making a long term commitment to winning.  Yeah, last year they took a shot.  But, the whole year was screwed up.  Why not hold it together and try to make another run in 2021.   I would be okay if Bauer left.  I understand that situation.  But, putting Gray on the block frustrates me to no end.  

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The Reds may lose me as a lifelong fan if they have too big of a fire-sale.  I'm really, really tired of them not making a long term commitment to winning.  Yeah, last year they took a shot.  But, the whole year was screwed up.  Why not hold it together and try to make another run in 2021.   I would be okay if Bauer left.  I understand that situation.  But, putting Gray on the block frustrates me to no end.  

I am a tad fed up myself.  I think Cincy would compete staying status quo(for the most part).  

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Why shouldn't you listen to offers on players? If you get blown away make a move if not then keep them. If they just wanted to dump salary I think a move or moves would've already been made. I don't count the Iglesias and tenders as moves that really set them back at all. 

19 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Why shouldn't you listen to offers on players? If you get blown away make a move if not then keep them. If they just wanted to dump salary I think a move or moves would've already been made. I don't count the Iglesias and tenders as moves that really set them back at all. 

I don't trust the Reds to make good moves.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't trust the Reds to make good moves.

I don't either but most of the big moves they made in recent years was under Jocketty. They progressed under Williams and Krall. Now Krall is in charge so we should wait and see how he runs the front office and what moves he makes. 

Archived