'20-'21 MLB Hot Stove League

rico

2 hours ago, rico said:

Trade Votto and swallow some of his salary?

Saw the Reds Traded once promising prospect Robert Stephenson to the Rockies for to pitchers.  the Rockies sends one of their top prospect who hasn't panned out Jeff Huffman and a pitcher that the Rockies just drafted in the 4th round.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, rico said:

"As noted here at MLBTR back in May, Hoffman possesses high-end velocity and spin rate on his four-seamer and above-average spin on a curveball that generally befuddled hitters in 2019."

Yes, to the tune of a 6.56 ERA...Jesus, where do they get these writers? Spin don't win...

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

"As noted here at MLBTR back in May, Hoffman possesses high-end velocity and spin rate on his four-seamer and above-average spin on a curveball that generally befuddled hitters in 2019."

Yes, to the tune of a 6.56 ERA...Jesus, where do they get these writers? Spin don't win...

Well if done right it can just look at Bauer because he says his spin rate went up this year.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Non-tender deadline is Wednesday...I guess we'll see which way the Cubs, and a lot of other teams, are leaning then...Word I've heard is the Nats are exploring a trade for Bryant...

Nats want him but aren't willing to part with either of young studs. Also saw a tweet where Mets, Giants, and Blue Jays are showing interest.

54 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I think that Story would fit right in on the Reds. He hits a lot of HR's and K's a ton. He would make the team better and I'd take him but I wouldn't mind a few less K's in the lineup and not more. 

It depends who you have to give up since Story and Lindor will be a free agent after this year.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs will tender Bryant but sounds like days of Schwarber and Almora are done with Cubs. 

I always thought Almora would turn into a really good player.  I just don't know why teams keep building lineups with so many homerun or bust hitters.  The Cubs have done that and I know the reds has as well.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I always thought Almora would turn into a really good player.  I just don't know why teams keep building lineups with so many homerun or bust hitters.  The Cubs have done that and I know the reds has as well.

Almora was a .300 guy and great glove. Just never delivered for us in his limited chances. He'll end up in Oakland or Tampa and you'll hear from him again. Really sad on Schwarber. Tough one to swallow. Can't believe they didn't have a trade partner in AL.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Almora was a .300 guy and great glove. Just never delivered for us in his limited chances. He'll end up in Oakland or Tampa and you'll hear from him again. Really sad on Schwarber. Tough one to swallow. Can't believe they didn't have a trade partner in AL.

You would hope when players mature they would able to change their approach

Archived