'20-'21 MLB Hot Stove League

rico

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I don't either but most of the bid moves they made in recent years was under Jocketty. They progressed under Williams and Krall. Now Krall is in charge so we should wait and see how he runs the front office and what moves he makes. 

Fair enough.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Why shouldn't you listen to offers on players? If you get blown away make a move if not then keep them. If they just wanted to dump salary I think a move or moves would've already been made. I don't count the Iglesias and tenders as moves that really set them back at all. 

If you're trading Gray or Suarez, you are likely getting unproven prospects.  That means you're rebuilding, and who knows if those prospects will even pan out.  I'm tired of rebuilds.  If you start one, see it through till the end, like the Braves have done.  The Reds are bailing on the last rebuild before even giving it a chance.   

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

If you're trading Gray or Suarez, you are likely getting unproven prospects.  That means you're rebuilding, and who knows if those prospects will even pan out.  I'm tired of rebuilds.  If you start one, see it through till the end, like the Braves have done.  The Reds are bailing on the last rebuild before even giving it a chance.   

You left out Castillo.  He has been rumored to be on the block as well.  

Damn, trade Moose or Nick to save money

21 hours ago, rico said:

You've got to be kidding me...

I kinda thought the Ricketts were going to go on the cheap after crying poor the last couple of years, but I didn't think they'd dismantle the whole team. 

PS your new avatar throws me...

19 hours ago, IUFLA said:

You've got to be kidding me...

I kinda thought the Ricketts were going to go on the cheap after crying poor the last couple of years, but I didn't think they'd dismantle the whole team. 

PS your new avatar throws me...

Apparently, frontline SP's are what every team wants.  So teams that have 1 or 2 are being talked to quite heavily.  Yu could bring quite the return.

PS---I got a new avvy

Edit: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/12/cubs-trade-rumors-yu-darvish.html

Archived