'20-'21 MLB Hot Stove League

rico

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

Wait and see.  It is all we can do.  My gut tells me Suarez is on the block as well.

On MLBN a few days ago and they were talking about the NL Central and they thought at this point that the Reds would win the Central.  That was if they didn't trade away any of their current players.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

On MLBN a few days ago and they were talking about the NL Central and they thought at this point that the Reds would win the Central.  That was if they didn't trade away any of their current players.

Who were the panelists?  Sean Casey, Barry Larkin, and Pete Rose?

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

It was mainly because the central is not good and the Cubs are unloading players  Saw now the Cubs are in talks about trading Contreras,

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2924639-report-cubs-willson-contreras-being-extensively-shopped-after-darvish-trade?fbclid=IwAR2Ibd1NqxJmEiEBaQWiuEYSSj8Nn7W5ZEVtUNs5e8zrMT-dBpz1ic8fLuU

25 minutes ago, rico said:

"Do you want good news, or do you want the truth? The good news is that this move accelerates the Cubs' transition to building a new championship-caliber roster, and Jed Hoyer knows what he has to do. The bad news is that I'm not sure ownership will allow him to do it."

Oh Brother...

On 12/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, IUFLA said:

2016 Cubs = 1985 Bears

Sad but true. The similarities are eerie.

I see the Cubs keeping Hendricks and Baez (with extension) as cornerstones. Baez and Hoerner up the middle is solid (especially defensively).

I see they are shopping Contreras, who is probably their biggest trade chip with 2 years of team control. *The Cubs do have some intriguing catching prospects in the minors*

They dropped the ball by not trading Bryant a year or two ago when it was clear he wouldn't resign early. With only one year remaining on contract and injury plagued season, his value is all time low.

Will they trade fan favorite Rizzo too? I can't imagine he would get much in return except a couple mid level prospects at this point.

I wonder if Lester will sign on or if he will look to sign on more competitive team for 2021? My guess is the later.

On a side note Rickets is a cheap bastard. That is all.

17 minutes ago, rico said:

I really think the Cubs will be fine.  I am curious as to what Bote's stats would be if he got 500+ AB's.  I think he is a .270/25/80 guy.

You think a starting staff of Hendricks, Mills, Alzolay, and Davies (and a 5th starter) is enough to contend?

Archived