'20-'21 MLB Hot Stove League

rico

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not surprising on Schwarber,  His performance never lived up to the hype / name recognition.  

It's tough. When he was called up in 2015 he singlehandedly was the catalyst to make the playoffs but his heroics in 2015 playoffs just built the hype up so quickly. Of course 2016 World Series after knee injury built the lore up even more. 

Last 3 years prior to this he went 30, 26, and 38 in home run department. Someone will pick him up (AL) and be very happy they did. Wish him the best.

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Something tells me the Cubs are making a mistake with Kyle.  Of coarse, they could re-sign him right?

I think so but I don't know the rules on how some of that stuff works. If I'm KS I sign a 1 year deal somewhere and basically try to reinvent yourself at a chance for free agency the following year. I don't know the Yankees lineup but KS with the short porch in that yard?

Link

"Schwarber, 27, was in his final year of arbitration, but the team let him go rather than pay him around $8 million-$9 million next season. The Cubs have not ruled out bringing him back on a lesser deal, though.

"We'll definitely keep the door open," Hoyer said. "We'll continue to talk about ways to bring him back. ... We had a good conversation. He's a Cubs legend. No question about that."

:( 

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Almora was a .300 guy and great glove. Just never delivered for us in his limited chances. He'll end up in Oakland or Tampa and you'll hear from him again. Really sad on Schwarber. Tough one to swallow. Can't believe they didn't have a trade partner in AL.

I'm also confused that the Cubs did this instead of signing/trading him to AL as DH. Oh well...maybe they will resign him still.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I would trade a couple of those guys and I don't think Aquino is in their plans

Theoretically they could trade Suarez and move Moose to 3rd.  Senzel moves back to 2nd.  Shogo in CF.  That gets rid of one OF.  Although I would like to see Nick back at SS and Castellanos at 2nd.  That would open up another OF position.  Trade Aquino for pitcher.  Another OF spot opens up.  Now you got room for Goodwin.  But it is all moot unless the Redlegs re-sign the below average Goodwin.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Theoretically they could trade Suarez and move Moose to 3rd.  Senzel moves back to 2nd.  Shogo in CF.  That gets rid of one OF.  Although I would like to see Nick back at SS and Castellanos at 2nd.  That would open up another OF position.  Trade Aquino for pitcher.  Another OF spot opens up.  Now you got room for Goodwin.  But it is all moot unless the Redlegs re-sign the below average Goodwin.

I don't think Castellanos would be good in the infield

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Says the man that wants to keep Goodwin?

Archie Bunker.jpg

Don't see the comparison because Goodwin had been a quality outfielder where Castellanos has been very bad defensive outfielder.  What would make you think Castellanos could become a good defensive infielder.

I would keep Castellanos in RF and have Shogo in CF and look for a LF.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Don't see the comparison because Goodwin had been a quality outfielder where Castellanos has been very bad outfielder.  What would make you think Castellanos could become a good defensive infielder.

Which bat would you rather have?

Just now, rico said:

Which bat would you rather have?

Read my edit where I said I would keep Castellanos in RF and have Shogo in CF and look for another LF and would had Goodwin as the 4th OF.  Castellanos bat for the most part is very good so I would definitely keep him. Here is my.lineup assuming there will be no DH.

1st- Votto

2nd- Moose

SS- free agent

3rd- Suarez

LF- free agent

CF- Shogo

RF- Castellanos

C- Stephenson

Just now, IU Scott said:

Read my edit where I said I would keep Castellanos in RF and have Shogo in CF and look for another LF and would had Goodwin as the 4th OF.  Castellanos bat for the most part is very good so I would definitely keep him. Here is my.lineup assuming there will be no DH.

1st- Votto

2nd- Moose

SS- free agent

3rd- Suarez

LF- free agent

CF- Shogo

RF- Castellanos

C- Stephenson

Why don't you just Schwarber into left field.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of baseball related. Long time voice of Cubs TV Len Kasper is leaving Cubs TV booth for gig with White Sox radio. Something is definitely up in Cubs/Marquee TV Network. 

Chris Myers from Fox is the rumored guy to replace. 

That's just weird...Leave TV for radio?

I was never a huge Kasper fan, especially paired with Deshaies (Brenly was mildly entertaining). Chris Myers is ok I guess, but you're telling me the Caray string has dried up?

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's just weird...Leave TV for radio?

I was never a huge Kasper fan, especially paired with Deshaies (Brenly was mildly entertaining). Chris Myers is ok I guess, but you're telling me the Caray string has dried up?

All dry! Haha. This one is just odd. Can't wait for the backstory because leaving TV of one of the biggest draws in baseball for radio of one of the smallest in baseball just doesn't make sense. Oh well. Off to clean up the yard before winter officially hits Central Indiana.

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of baseball related. Long time voice of Cubs TV Len Kasper is leaving Cubs TV booth for gig with White Sox radio. Something is definitely up in Cubs/Marquee TV Network. 

Chris Myers from Fox is the rumored guy to replace. 

That is weird. I didn't mind Kasper....I always thought he was decent but not great. I agree with @IUFLA in regards to Brenly...I thought Brenly was pretty good. I am not a fan of Deshaies. I'm sure there is a something going on behind the scenes to cause this.

Archived