'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

Florida's Johnson released from hospital. Apparently it was myocarditis which caused him to collapse. It's been confirmedhe was one of the Florida players who caught COVID over the summer and COVID can cause that. There is no confirmation whether his condition was related to COVID, though.

The Big Ten has more cardiac protocols in place than the SEC does, so hopefully any players who get COVID will be more protected.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2020/12/24/college-basketball-seeks-answers-keyontae-johnson-heart-condition/4040170001/

10 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Florida's Johnson released from hospital. Apparently it was myocarditis which caused him to collapse. It's been confirmedhe was one of the Florida players who caught COVID over the summer and COVID can cause that. There is no confirmation whether his condition was related to COVID, though.

The Big Ten has more cardiac protocols in place than the SEC does, so hopefully any players who get COVID will be more protected.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2020/12/24/college-basketball-seeks-answers-keyontae-johnson-heart-condition/4040170001/

Jesus.  Glad he’s recovering.   Scary

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Very scary. It can be fatal in athletes. Considering they put him in a medically induced coma, he must not have been doing very well the first few days. I hope he makes a complete recovery.

It’s just so crazy that a virus can lead some people to show zero symptoms or something like this or God forbid be the cause of death.   I’m so happy some people are getting screening and it’s leading to finding other major issues. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Never saw saw UVA, Villanova or UW mentioned in the cheating scandals

Going back to the old days...yes UVA was/has been mentioned concerning the recruitment of Ralph Sampson.  And 'Nova had the drug scandal that was their 1985 championship season.

Because Garcia's name has been brought up as a failure to recruit, I decided to look up his stats so far.

Plays 29 min, 12.7 pts/game, 6.7 RB/game and just shy of 3 TO's per game. I doubt if he would have gotten anywhere near that amount of minutes here. For a frosh, I didn't think it was too bad except for the TO's. Haven't seen him play more than a minute or 2, so can't make any comment on how he plays the game.

Just happened to see DJ Carton's numbers as well, and he's tracking at 12 pts, 4 asst's with 3 TO's per game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DWB said:

Because Garcia's name has been brought up as a failure to recruit, I decided to look up his stats so far.

Plays 29 min, 12.7 pts/game, 6.7 RB/game and just shy of 3 TO's per game. I doubt if he would have gotten anywhere near that amount of minutes here. For a frosh, I didn't think it was too bad except for the TO's. Haven't seen him play more than a minute or 2, so can't make any comment on how he plays the game.

Just happened to see DJ Carton's numbers as well, and he's tracking at 12 pts, 4 asst's with 3 TO's per game.

I was going to say something similar...

Back up plan? I can almost guarantee you that anyone within a stone's throw of Garcia's talent isn't going to wait until he makes his decision...

Then you're looking at a lower rated player or, God forbid, a Crean-like "project."

I think as long as the proposed roster you're trying add to can go 9 deep, just pocket the scholarship.

4 hours ago, DWB said:

I think Dawson would have gotten plenty of PT at IU this year.

• Like 4