'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

17 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Kentucky falling to 1-5 😂

So many games on yesterday this one was kind of lost in the shuffle. Fair enough to say Cal has officially entered the tortoise/scorpion fable where the UK fanbase is the scorpion.

Cal looks and sounds like a guy who has reached his term limit at UK. 10 years of that fanbase is enough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So many games on yesterday this one was kind of lost in the shuffle. Fair enough to say Cal has officially entered the tortoise/scorpion fable where the UK fanbase is the scorpion.

Cal looks and sounds like a guy who has reached his term limit at UK. 10 years of that fanbase is enough. 

I went over to The Redneck (Rupp) Rafters for a laugh this morning...

The names they're mentioning to replace him are comical...Izzo? Yeah, good luck...Brad Stevens? Hehee...

And then one of them said they didn't want Bruce Pearl because he's "slimy." 

Boy, if that isn't Jeffrey Toobin calling Paul Reubens a pervert...

"Big Blue Nation Comedy" at its best...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Things are going well. 

5F5AC2EC-C8E1-45F3-B2DE-5CEB1315EEBD.jpeg

Good ol' Cal...let's throw the kids under the bus because I'm doing a poor job with this group.  I'm not letting the kid off without blame, but Cal chose this talented youth model.  Ultimately, when it blows up, it's on him.

Cry me a river, you scum.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Good ol' Cal...let's throw the kids under the bus because I'm doing a poor job with this group.  I'm not letting the kid off without blame, but Cal chose this talented youth model.  Ultimately, when it blows up, it's on him.

Cry me a river, you scum.

When you have to go to Keion, who was barely a role player last year and hasn't played this year, to provide your team leadership, you have a problem.

Following Saturday's loss, Keion Brooks spoke to the media even though he didn't play in the game because of injury. Brooks said his teammates weren't "up to" speaking to reporters after the historic loss. He also said he had concerns about his team's "swagger" and "confidence" after the loss.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30573544/kentucky-wildcats-coach-john-calipari-asks-freshman-camron-fletcher-step-away-program

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

When you have to go to Keion, who was barely a role player last year and hasn't played this year, to provide your team leadership, you have a problem.

Following Saturday's loss, Keion Brooks spoke to the media even though he didn't play in the game because of injury. Brooks said his teammates weren't "up to" speaking to reporters after the historic loss. He also said he had concerns about his team's "swagger" and "confidence" after the loss.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30573544/kentucky-wildcats-coach-john-calipari-asks-freshman-camron-fletcher-step-away-program

Is Keion a Sports Communications major?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Memphis loses again.  This time to Tulsa. Oh, and Hardaway gets a 5 year extension......seriously.  

Only a matter of time until (more) recruiting controversies/NCAA infractions and his eventual departure to the NBA as an assistant. If I could wager money on that exact scenario, I would.

Edited by madmax

50 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Memphis loses again.  This time to Tulsa. Oh, and Hardaway gets a 5 year extension......seriously.  

LOL...Memphis looked like 💩 too.  45 points from Penny's diaper dandies.  Their defense is atrocious and their offense looked worse.  Penny is a terrible coach and Memphis's AD just committed malpractice extending him.

Hard for me to understand how a university level administrator can't see what I can see as a casual fan.

8 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

he's a great example of a guy with no coaching experience who got a job he shouldn't have because of his name, then of course can recruit well because of his name and would be willing to bet breaking rules.  THEN...people realize he can't coach and he'll get caught cheating soon, then bye bye Penny.