Texas Game Thread

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't lump me into that about Archie because he wasn even in my top 5 choices when we hired him.  I have seen 3 championship so I know winning programs and knows it is not good to lose patience with a coach.  Probably a good thing you weren't in charge of Duke in 1984 because you would have fired coach K after his terrible 4th year.

He was 24-10 in year 4 and finished 3rd in conference.  He is the guy you ALWAYS bring up, year 4 is where he finally started to perform.  You are running out of time to use him as an example.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Don't lump me into that about Archie because he wasn even in my top 5 choices when we hired him.  I have seen 3 championship so I know winning programs and knows it is not good to lose patience with a coach.  Probably a good thing you weren't in charge of Duke in 1984 because you would have fired coach K after his terrible 4th year.

You say the same crap like that Duke reference every season and it’s one example haha. Well as a fifth generation IU alum I know what IU basketball should be and this isn’t it. I’m done discussing this because you say the same thing every year, and the sorry but Archie isn’t coach K. Haha funny to even keep saying that. 

4 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Unless you're Kentucky. Then you get rid of a bad coach after two years and grab Calipari.

They made a mistake, realized it quickly and got the best coach out there. 

Because if off the court stuff and if one of our coaches like Sampson did something then yes fire him

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Year 4 looked pretty good and Duke at that time was no IU at the time we hired CAM.

image.png.726d27e979f5e7fa47db1d92d024d512.png

2 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but at what point do we have to ask is there something else going on outside of just coaching.  Why is Louisville able to take a dip, but bounce back quickly, and same with Ohio State.  I really do wonder if we are somehow hamstringing our basketball program in some manner behind the scenes.  There has been rumors and innuendo, but nothing ever confirmed about us playing by the rules to a capital T, where maybe other programs are a bit looser. 

Agree with everything we just seem to never improve at all. 

Just now, southsidehoosier said:

But i didn’t expect to be ran out of the gym by #17 Texas either. A 5 or 10 point loss with effort I’d accept over this

I look at effort 1st. We're STILL holding them under 40% from the field,. so the defense is ok...and that's all effort in my book...

I showed the talent Texas has before the game...11 guys in the RSCI top 100 in their respective classes. They're very good. 

And we can't throw a pea in the ocean. That won't be the case in every game

3 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but at what point do we have to ask is there something else going on outside of just coaching.  Why is Louisville able to take a dip, but bounce back quickly, and same with Ohio State.  I really do wonder if we are somehow hamstringing our basketball program in some manner behind the scenes.  There has been rumors and innuendo, but nothing ever confirmed about us playing by the rules to a capital T, where maybe other programs are a bit looser. 

Administration.  Has been our bane since the firing of Coach Knight.

Archived