Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

Just now, dgambill said:

Mine is just take my family to the NCAA championship game (with IU playing!) I was in college for the last one so no money lol. Happily go where ever it is to see us.

I pushed my wife to get tickets to Maui and she said no.  In hindsight glad we didn’t but I agree would love to go down there and see IU some day.

• Like 2

Just now, dgambill said:

Mine is just take my family to the NCAA championship game (with IU playing!) I was in college for the last one so no money lol. Happily go where ever it is to see us.

Good point.  I’ve been to one final four and want to go again.  Being with traveling IU fans is a total freaking blast.  The Big Ten Tourney in Chicago was fun but we are an incompetent mess in that.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

This was the first year in a long time we didn’t go down there.  We saw IU play FGCU in softball last year.  Also my sister in law had her wedding in ft Myers.  There was a nice tap house close to the beach.  Also lover getting a boat in the bay and seeing all the dolphins.  It’s really a great area kudos to you for moving down there.

It’s a compromise. I lost my hunting land and my wife now lives a mile from probably the nicest outlet mall in the country...so it has its draw backs but family makes it all worth it!

I did take my daughter swimming today so that didn’t suck lol....but I still miss fall weather.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I want to to go to a final four before I die.  I have been to plenty of 1st and 2nd round games but never the Regionals or final four.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

So Penn St, Michigan, Michigan St, and Wisconsin all in the same year....might not ever happen again. That’s an impressive resume if you ask me. 

Why shouldn’t we expect this kind of success on a regular basis? As long as CTA is the HC, I would expect us to be competing at a high level every year 

• Like 4

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Why shouldn’t we expect this kind of success on a regular basis? As long as CTA is the HC, I would expect us to be competing at a high level every year 

Even without seniors being able to come back, we were going to lose very few contributors. Next year could be very similar to this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I would love it but to beat them all...in a normal year your are talking about NC caliber team to do that. They were all down this year but still those teams down is pretty good. I can see us beating those teams for sure...just tough to beat them all.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

And they haven't bent over backwards for OSU....yet.  And they may not, and may not need to.  Let's just wait and see what happens. 

I lean Scott's way here. 

Yes, we know OSU won head to head...by a single score...at home.  If the rule says you must play six, it would look terrible if they bent it to get OSU in.  I'd be more in favor of giving OSU a few more days to make up one of the games they missed than re-writing the rules here. We wouldn't be here if a bunch of ill-informed academics hadn't voted to put the brakes on the season to begin with.

• Like 1