Archie Support

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

I agree and Leary was not real happy with any of the guards.

I thought Franklin was really good. Phinisee and Durham continue to struggle and really hurt the offense. Lander unfortunately just isn't ready, though I didn't think he was bad offensively in his limited minutes. 

I'm not sure if they're counting Galloway as a guard? I'd more consider him a lead forward at this point, and again I don't disagree completely, if Galloway is going to start and play 20+ minutes we need more scoring from him. But, I'm happy enough with his playmaking and pushing the pace to wait for the scoring to come. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think Galloway Franklin and TJD each need 32 plus minutes a game. I am all for Lander getting baptized by fire.

I agree with that. Those 3 and maybe Race are IU's players right now. 

I don't think Lander is really ready, but given how bad Phinisee has been I agree with you, it's time for Lander to get more minutes. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I thought Franklin was really good. Phinisee and Durham continue to struggle and really hurt the offense. Lander unfortunately just isn't ready, though I didn't think he was bad offensively in his limited minutes. 

I'm not sure if they're counting Galloway as a guard? I'd more consider him a lead forward at this point, and again I don't disagree completely, if Galloway is going to start and play 20+ minutes we need more scoring from him. But, I'm happy enough with his playmaking and pushing the pace to wait for the scoring to come. 

They are just frustrated with the lack of scoring mentality on this team.  It seems like Franklin has that mentality and hopefully it will continue

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I agree...a Zach McRoberts with more basketball skills...

And I didn't mean to be dismissive of Trey in the post you quoted...Trey may start and he may not...but he'll get significant minutes either way...

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Semantics, but I'm not sure about the McRoberts comparison, I think that's a disservice to Galloway (and I don't mean that as a shot at McRoberts). I'd more call Galloway a poor man's Ty Jerome from UVA. Galloway is a playmaker that is just scratching the surface. 

Agree with you though, either way he's going to get significant minutes going forward. 

I was talking more the hustle plays/deflections, things of that type...Trey has a lot more in the basketball skills department, particularly on offense...McRoberts was a damn good defender though...

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They are just frustrated with the lack of scoring mentality on this team.  It seems like Franklin has that mentality and hopefully it will continue

Agree. I think Galloway has that mentality though, he's just more comfortable doing it as a play-maker right now vs scorer. 

Where Phinisee, for example, is just dribbling around doing nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wisconsin, recruits guys I’ve not heard of or seen on any post every year. All they do every year is reload. One top 15 team after another. 
We used to do that also. That stop happening under Davis and we had some bounce back years ,but nothing that has substance to keep going. 

I just believe Archie can coach , but the talent you need at Dayton and the talent you need in the big Ten is totally different an he is first starting to figure it out. Is it to late that’s the question! 

23 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Wisconsin, recruits guys I’ve not heard of or seen on any post every year. All they do every year is reload. One top 15 team after another. 
We used to do that also. That stop happening under Davis and we had some bounce back years ,but nothing that has substance to keep going. 

I just believe Archie can coach , but the talent you need at Dayton and the talent you need in the big Ten is totally different an he is first starting to figure it out. Is it to late that’s the question! 

It started before Davis.  

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

IU bad shooters good shots 

I feel like this post isn't getting nearly the attention it deserves. 

I've been saying for a long, long time that Archie's offense is perfectly fine, and his sets are actually good, we just don't have guys that can execute. 

Perfectly fine to blame him for not recruiting shooters and scorers, but the offense schematically is good and gets open shots. 

13 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I want to see results, but man you can ask for better looks that we constantly miss.  Archie isn’t shooting those shots but he isn’t exactly recruiting good shooters either.  He runs great stuff, JUST NEED SHOOTERS!

IUwins, great to see you posting. I hope you had a great New Year. 

It is amazing that for the last 4 years and into the near future we don't have shooters or effective ball handlers and passers. If Archie doesn't make this a top priority he won't last much longer. We are such an easy team to defend. Play a zone, clog the middle and watch us dribble the shot clock down so we have to take jump shots. 

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I want to see results, but man you can ask for better looks that we constantly miss.  Archie isn’t shooting those shots but he isn’t exactly recruiting good shooters either.  He runs great stuff, JUST NEED SHOOTERS!

I totally agree! We get great shots we just miss Cheaney , Edwards, Alford, Jordon Hulls: Greene, Scott May. And a whole slew of others. Where are they ! Other teams seem to be finding them. Look at Northwestern this year. Damn they all can shoot. How many they got avg double figures! Same shots just different outcome. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I feel like this post isn't getting nearly the attention it deserves. 

I've been saying for a long, long time that Archie's offense is perfectly fine, and his sets are actually good, we just don't have guys that can execute. 

Perfectly fine to blame him for not recruiting shooters and scorers, but the offense schematically is good and gets open shots. 

You are only as good as your last jump shot. That pretty much sums why we are mediocre at best. 

Just now, OLDIUFAN said:

I totally agree! We get great shots we just miss Cheaney , Edwards, Alford, Jordon Hulls: Greene, Scott May. And a whole slew of others. Where are they ! Other teams seem to be finding them. Look at Northwestern this year. Damn they all can shoot. How many they got avg double figures! Same shots just different outcome. 

Some of them are over 50 years old so I doubt they help us now.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Some of them are over 50 years old so I doubt they help us now.

Haha! Funny you know what I am saying. Why are we not finding those type of shooters! Others are. Yes it takes Defense to win, but you have got to have a few shooters. There are no shutouts in basketball! 

2 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Haha! Funny you know what I am saying. Why are we not finding those type of shooters! Others are. Yes it takes Defense to win, but you have got to have a few shooters. There are no shutouts in basketball! 

I have no idea but watching a lot of college basketball I have seen a lot of bad shooting

Archived