Archie Support

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Also, since Archie's philosophy doesn't work in the B10.. when are we going to start going after true big men? 7 footers! Having 6'8 forwards playing the five isn't going to cut it. 

There really are not that many true centers out there and what we have is not much difference.  PU and UI has a true center but not many others.  Even Garza who is 6'9 doesn't play like a true center.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

There really are not that many true centers out there and what we have is not much difference.  PU and UI has a true center but not many others.  Even Garza who is 6'9 doesn't play like a true center.

We need to get guys like Purdue.. they have 7 footers every year who impact games. I miss the days of Cody Zeller a lot.. having that true front court presence. 

Just now, Jackson Kellogs said:

We need to get guys like Purdue.. they have 7 footers every year who impact games. I miss the days of Cody Zeller a lot.. having that true front court presence. 

I see most of the top teams and they don't have true post players who had great low post moves.  I guess when I think of true post players who were very good in the low post I don't think of any players in today's game.

Just now, Jackson Kellogs said:

I agree.. we really need him.. but one of the guys on the Assembly Call acted like Brunk is out for the year and may even get surgery on his back. Spoke in confidence too when he said it. 

Sounds like it but you said Archie hadn't assembled his team with enough size but it is not his fault Brunk was injured. To me there are a few schools who seems like they always get a lot of big guys OU and FSU

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Sampson was getting out of dodge before things hit the fan. I really wouldn't call Marquette a major college job either.  So you really think an established coach at a major job will leave to come here.

Marquette was in the Big East when that was a major conference. Coached at a NC school and had taken them to a final 4...how much bigger does it get? If we dump a crap load of money at their feet. Sure why not?? The thing about a great coach is they know their winning will translate to any school with facilities and fertile recruiting ground. While Indiana comes with high expectations it also comes with perks that few universities can offer.

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Sounds like it but you said Archie hadn't assembled his team with enough size but it is not his fault Brunk was injured. To me there are a few schools who seems like they always get a lot of big guys OU and FSU

First happy holidays.  Second, this is totally on Archie.  He went hard after Dawson Garcia and had no real backup plan.  

1 hour ago, rico said:

With a $10M buyout I think Miller could lose out for the rest of the season and still be back next year. I don't think it'll happen but if the team hadn't improved as much as hoped from last season, then he will probably be on the hot seat next year. And with TJD likely gone, it looks like he might not have a good enough team then to save his job.

I think having no NCAA tournament last year really hurts the perception of Archie. The tournament is completely unpredictable, and who knows, maybe green gets hot and we win a few games which would’ve done a lot to calm things down. As I’ve stated, I was thrilled with the hire and thought he was the perfect remedy to the defensive issues that we had. He’s also much more of a no nonsense/no bs type guy then crean was.

I think it’s obviously fair to say that results so far have been disappointing. I’m hopeful we can still have a good season this year and give us something to build from. I think a lot of us, myself included, were incredibly disappointed with the Northwestern loss. Let’s just hope it wasn’t a sign of things to come.

Archived