Archie Support

4 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Times have changed.. the dynamic of college sports and basketball has evolved.. generations of people have evolved. I am 22, and I personally hate the way things are right now and I wish it was how it was during the Knight days.. but sometimes you have to be willing to go over the edge a bit to get what you want. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.. it would actually put us back in a fair standing with these relevant programs.. having this goodie 2 shoes approach isn't going to get us anywhere. We need to do what every other major program is doing and I guarantee you they're doing this win at any costs approach. I'm not saying we cheat and pay players, but damn we need to do something. It starts with the University and the willingness to dish out cash (which we have) for a legit coach. I'm done with the mid-major crap. We need a serious figure in this program. 

Again what major coach is out there because I would be all for it but don't see those coaches available

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I also look at other coaches who took 4 to 5 years to turn their programs around and see it can take some coaches awhile to turn it around.

And there are other mid-major “future coaching stars” that don’t turn it around (Groce at Illinois, Monson at Minnesota, McDermott at Iowa State etc etc). I hope Archie is the guy, as starting from scratch again is depressing, but I am very skeptical.

And some of the 4-5 year guys you reference so often:

Jay Wright took Nova to the sweet 16 in year 4

Crean inherited Tabor and Finklemeier and had us in the sweet 16 in year 4

John Belein - you like to ignore his first power 5 job, at West Va, but he took them to an Elite 8 and sweet 16 in years 3 and 4 and he took Michigan to the second round in 2 of his first 4 years.

Coach K went to the second round in his 4th year.

Do you see us as a sweet 16 team in year 4? I hope so but realistically think we will be lucky to finish .500 in the conference and think we are looking at another 9th-11th place finish. I hope we turn it around but if we finish under .500, and TJD leaves, I think Archie is dead man walking.

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I don’t get it. You yourself mentioned Beilein.  It’s like you’re trolling us.  

I doubt he is much of a possibility because of his age and he is available.  I guess what I have meant to saying is that we will not get the top coaches in the country. That means the top 10-12 coaches on the country and are at the top programs.

19 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

And there are other mid-major “future coaching stars” that don’t turn it around (Groce at Illinois, Monson at Minnesota, McDermott at Iowa State etc etc). I hope Archie is the guy, as starting from scratch again is depressing, but I am very skeptical.

And some of the 4-5 year guys you reference so often:

Jay Wright took Nova to the sweet 16 in year 4

Crean inherited Tabor and Finklemeier and had us in the sweet 16 in year 4

John Belein - you like to ignore his first power 5 job, at West Va, but he took them to an Elite 8 and sweet 16 in years 3 and 4 and he took Michigan to the second round in 2 of his first 4 years.

Coach K went to the second round in his 4th year.

Do you see us as a sweet 16 team in year 4? I hope so but realistically think we will be lucky to finish .500 in the conference and think we are looking at another 9th-11th place finish. I hope we turn it around but if we finish under .500, and TJD leaves, I think Archie is dead man walking.

In fairness CAM clearly had us in the tourney but for Covid. We don’t know how far we would have gotten but that’s not on CAM. This year who knows, I have my issues with the offense and sitting Lander and not running sets for Hunter but we’re still a good team. Now we’ll see if we bounce back or not.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Rather lose than be like  a UK or any of the other programs who breaks the rule.  I guess that is just me who thinks morals is a good thing and I am not just going to do something because others are doing it

That's not the point. It has nothing to do with morals. It's simply going after the best of the best with the resources we have which are the same if not better than UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc. 

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Again what major coach is out there because I would be all for it but don't see those coaches available

Honestly.. literally Rick Pitino. I would love to be the major power 5 school to give him a second chance. He would single handily turn this program around. I don't care if anyone has to disagree with that.. I don't care about all the BS that happened at UofL.. it's the past and it's over with.. the man can flat out coach! 

3 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Honestly.. literally Rick Pitino. I would love to be the major power 5 school to give him a second chance. He would single handily turn this program around. I don't care if anyone has to disagree with that.. I don't care about all the BS that happened at UofL.. it's the past and it's over with.. the man can flat out coach! 

Well I guess that is all I need to know about your priorities because there is no way in hell Pitino should ever be a coach at IU.

If your best friend sold drugs and never was caught would you do it knowing you might not get caught.  To me this is the same thing because you shouldn't do something just because others are doing it.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I guess that is all I need to know about your priorities because there is no way in hell Pitino should ever be a coach at IU.

If your best friend sold drugs and never was caught would you do it knowing you might not get caught.  To me this is the same thing because you shouldn't do something just because others are doing it.

HE IS NOT GOING TO CHEAT AT IU!!! THE UNIVERSITY WON'T ALLOW IT! THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING! 

Archived