Archie Support

1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Also, with this mediocre play year in and year out.. why would anyone want to come play for him. I see his recruiting going to s*** in 22' as well. I guarantee you. Also, this freshman class isn't that good.. sorry. Geronimo is extremely raw.. way more than I thought. Leal can't play defense at all and is afraid to shoot when he is in. Lander is young and going to be good. Galloway I love!

It's a long season...and it's a far cry from being over...as for your judgement on the newest class, if you spend your astute observation skills judging what kind of player a kid will wind up being 8 games into their freshman season, I'm afraid you're going to miss a lot...

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jackson Kellogs said:

No, I have not coached or managed.

Then you really have no idea what you're talking about...

It's very different being a team member and being the coach or manager of any kind of team. Leadership is a difficult task. Leading as a player is one thing...being THE leader is quite another...

Just now, IUFLA said:

Then you really have no idea what you're talking about...

It's very different being a team member and being the coach or manager of any kind of team. Leadership is a difficult task. Leading as a player is one thing...being THE leader is quite another...

Yes I know that.. I am sure being the head figure is very difficult but it's not hard to spot if someone is the right leader or not. Archie is not cutting it. Plain and simple. 

1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Yes I know that.. I am sure being the head figure is very difficult but it's not hard to spot if someone is the right leader or not. Archie is not cutting it. Plain and simple. 

If you were around the practices every day, you may have a point. Are you?

Think about it...in the grand scheme of things, we see very little of this team and these kids and what the actual dynamic of the team is. 

1 hour ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

Improved defense every single year. Getting the recruits that fit him. Offense will figure it out. This years team plays hard and once they figure out how the offensive end it will be the final piece of the puzzle. 

question.. if they were to get rid of Archie, who do you want?

Yes, our defense has improved.  I think our defense can be defined as elite now, and I think CAM can keep that going.  The problem is we are average our deficient in all other categories.  Yesterday our defense was not on at all, and we had nothing to save us.  I don't expect too many bad defensive outings like this one, but it's a factor.

The offense has improved, but if we want to contend for a title (B1G or NCAA), our offense has to get much better.  I don't see a path to that kind of offense right now unless Lander comes around to what we are expecting of him.  It may be too much to expect for this year.

CAM says we have a rebounding problem.  We turn the ball over too much.  Our outside shooting is anemic.

I don't know who we could get as a new coach.  We have missed on our first choice in all of the last 3 searches.  I think we should give CAM a chance.  But I keep seeing the same problems that don't improve much over time.

Just now, IUFLA said:

Think about it...in the grand scheme of things, we see very little of this team and these kids and what the actual dynamic of the team is. 

Well because I am a former athlete and I am connected with many different players in different sports.. people talk and I can tell you one thing that last couple years chemistry was terrible on and off the floor. Not sure about this year, they seem  to all like each other according to Archie.. I don't know man, he has four good players and a decent bench, but he can't coach them. 

9 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I mean honestly.. for the fans who still support Archie.. what do you honestly suggest? How does he turn this thing around from you perspectives? What do you honestly see down the road with him at IU? I am tired of hearing "be patient"... I want to hear opinions on how he should manage the team, lineups, offense.. etc 

I said it in another thread...he's let seniority have its due, soon it will be time for a more meritocracy approach. 

Come on...you said you played. You knew when someone playing your position was better than you, and you knew when you were a better player than someone else...

But you also knew that seniority had to be respected to a point...When you were a senior at CG, how would you have felt if the coaching staff had given your spot to an underclassman solely based on reputation?

I'm sure if, after practice time and a few games, you realized that player WAS in fact better than you, you would have had a better  understanding of why...if you were a team player that is...and I'm sure you were or you wouldn't have made it to IU...

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Are you around practice everyday? I'm going to assume the answer is no. In that case, you have no more insight into what Miller is or isn't doing than most of the others here. Just like everyone you have to base your opinion on what happens during games. It sounds like being a former athlete still at IU, @Jackson Kellogs might have a bit more information than just that.

You seem to like Miller as coach so you're going to see things which justify that. He seems less than enamored with Miller, so what he sees will reinforce that.

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

Are you around practice everyday? I'm going to assume the answer is no. In that case, you have no more insight into what Miller is or isn't doing than most of the others here. Just like everyone you have to base your opinion on what happens during games. It sounds like being a former athlete still at IU, @Jackson Kellogs might have a bit more information than just that.

I never said I was...but there are core team principles that Archie is adhering to...stated in the post to @Jackson Kellogs

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Crean and Sampson weren’t mid major coaches and we hired them. Who says it has to be a mid major coach? I still say give Archie 5 years but that is just bogus.

Sampson was getting out of dodge before things hit the fan. I really wouldn't call Marquette a major college job either.  So you really think an established coach at a major job will leave to come here.

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I said it in another thread...he's let seniority have its due, soon it will be time for a more meritocracy approach. 

Come on...you said you played. You knew when someone playing your position was better than you, and you knew when you were a better player than someone else...

But you also knew that seniority had to be respected to a point...When you were a senior at CG, how would you have felt if the coaching staff had given your spot to an underclassman solely based on reputation?

I'm sure if, after practice time and a few games, you realized that player WAS in fact better than you, you would have had a better  understanding of why...if you were a team player that is...and I'm sure you were or you wouldn't have made it to IU...

I agree with you. I am all for giving the younger guys more opportunities and minutes. I honestly would go ahead and let Lander start a game and have Galloway play the 2 and see what happens. We actually may all be surprised. I would play Leal more as well and tell him to fire away when he has the chance. 

47 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

That's the problem right there. Forget hiring mid major coaches.. we need to go after big names who are proven despite their past. 

That the problem you thinking we would be able to bring in a big name coach.  No way in hell that Bruce Pearl shod ever coach at IU.  If that is the only way to win then I'll pass

Just now, IU Scott said:

That the problem you thinking we would be able to bring in a big name coach.  No way in hell that Bruce Pearl shod ever coach at IU.  If that is the only way to win then I'll pass

Why can't we bring in a big name coach? Aren't we considered a "blue blood" program still? I would love to go after a coach who is proven and down right cocky. 

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Jackson, what’s the word with the CG football recruits.  Can you guys get Curry for IU?  From what I saw of him, he’s extremely impressive.  How about Mr Football and Trayce’s brother?  Thanks in advance. 

Curry is leaning Ohio State sadly.. and I am not sure about Tayven.. don't think he'll come to IU. 

25 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I mean honestly.. for the fans who still support Archie.. what do you honestly suggest? How does he turn this thing around from you perspectives? What do you honestly see down the road with him at IU? I am tired of hearing "be patient"... I want to hear opinions on how he should manage the team, lineups, offense.. etc 

I am losing patience but to me calling for the coaches head does not help the program either.

Archived