Archie Support

Just now, IU Scott said:

I kept warning people the last time people were wanting a change because be careful what you wish for.  Didn't say we wouldn't get a good coach but we will not get an established HC of a major program.

Come on, someone already proved that isn’t true when it was pointed out Sampson came from Oklahoma and Crean from Marquette after being in final fours.  In the basketball community, IU still means something.  

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Come on, someone already proved that isn’t true when it was pointed out Sampson came from Oklahoma and Crean from Marquette after being in final fours.  In the basketball community, IU still means something.  

Every expert said Archie was the top candidate and said we got the best young coach.  I also said that Sampson was getting out of Oklahoma before everything hit the fan.  Also I wouldn't  at the time call Marquette a major job.  It had just went to the big East a couple of years before so it was aid major job.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Every expert said Archie was the top candidate and said we got the best young coach.  I also said that Sampson was getting out of Oklahoma before everything hit the fan.  Also I wouldn't  at the time call Marquette a major job.  It had just went to the big East a couple of years before so it was aid major job.

Your high, Marquette was a major job.

You are skewing things to try to support the wrong position. Marquette is a former national champion and is a good basketball school.  “Every expert” thing is Fred talk.  I have no doubt that we could get a Power 5 coach if we so desire.  It’s silly to pretend otherwise.  You’re much more knowledgeable than that. 

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

See  this kind of thinking is what is ruining this fan base.  The win at any cost mentality is not what the fan base I grew up with and loved.  I assume the younger people have this mentality and it is really hurting the fan base.

I don't think this is ruining the fan base.. obviously my takes can be way out there and partly because I am frustrated and I simply want to be a power house again in college basketball.. but why should we ignore guys who broke NCAA rules in the past? Doesn't mean they're going to repeat it.

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

You are skewing things to try to support the wrong position. Marquette is a former national champion and is a good basketball school.  “Every expert” thing is Fred talk.  I have no doubt that we could get a Power 5 coach if we so desire.  It’s silly to pretend otherwise.  You’re much more knowledgeable than that. 

Yes we could get a power 5 coach but from a Clemson or the likes but you will not bring a top coach.  Also do you want to hire a coach from a power 5 that is just in the middle of the pack.

Just now, IU Scott said:

To me if we have a change the first I am contacting is John Beilein.  If the AD at the time had his way he would have been the coach along time ago.

Now you’re on the right track. You can also think about Thad Matta. Eric Musselman. Mike White. Chris Collins.  It’s going to take time to research all this but we have over a year.  

2 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I don't think this is ruining the fan base.. obviously my takes can be way out there and partly because I am frustrated and I simply want to be a power house again in college basketball.. but why should we ignore guys who broke NCAA rules in the past? Doesn't mean they're going to repeat it.

I am saying that kind of thinking was never in the mind set of the IU fan base.  We would never want a coach that had problems with the rules.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

"Experts" they're not really experts. They are no different than any of us on this board. Literally anyone can form their own take or opinion and claim it's expert insight or knowledge. The "experts" aren't good at their job.. for example.. IU football getting absolutely screwed.. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes we could get a power 5 coach but from a Clemson or the likes but you will not bring a top coach.  Also do you want to hire a coach from a power 5 that is just in the middle of the pack.

I would like to have the coach of Clemson...Brownell

I am saying that kind of thinking was never in the mind set of the IU fan base.  We would never want a coach that had problems with the rules.

Times have changed.. the dynamic of college sports and basketball has evolved.. generations of people have evolved. I am 22, and I personally hate the way things are right now and I wish it was how it was during the Knight days.. but sometimes you have to be willing to go over the edge a bit to get what you want. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.. it would actually put us back in a fair standing with these relevant programs.. having this goodie 2 shoes approach isn't going to get us anywhere. We need to do what every other major program is doing and I guarantee you they're doing this win at any costs approach. I'm not saying we cheat and pay players, but damn we need to do something. It starts with the University and the willingness to dish out cash (which we have) for a legit coach. I'm done with the mid-major crap. We need a serious figure in this program. 

1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Times have changed.. the dynamic of college sports and basketball has evolved.. generations of people have evolved. I am 22, and I personally hate the way things are right now and I wish it was how it was during the Knight days.. but sometimes you have to be willing to go over the edge a bit to get what you want. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.. it would actually put us back in a fair standing with these relevant programs.. having this goodie 2 shoes approach isn't going to get us anywhere. We need to do what every other major program is doing and I guarantee you they're doing this win at any costs approach. I'm not saying we cheat and pay players, but damn we need to do something. It starts with the University and the willingness to dish out cash (which we have) for a legit coach. I'm done with the mid-major crap. We need a serious figure in this program. 

Rather lose than be like  a UK or any of the other programs who breaks the rule.  I guess that is just me who thinks morals is a good thing and I am not just going to do something because others are doing it

Archived