Archie Support

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I mean honestly.. for the fans who still support Archie.. what do you honestly suggest? How does he turn this thing around from you perspectives? What do you honestly see down the road with him at IU? I am tired of hearing "be patient"... I want to hear opinions on how he should manage the team, lineups, offense.. etc 

I also look at other coaches who took 4 to 5 years to turn their programs around and see it can take some coaches awhile to turn it around.

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Jackson, what’s the word with the CG football recruits? Can you guys get Curry for IU?  From what I saw of him, he’s extremely impressive.  How about Mr Football and Trayce’s brother?  Thanks in advance. 

Carson is a very good running back and runs extremely hard. Injury prone and sitting out his entire junior season last year really hurt him in terms of having film for coaches to assess. Doesn't hold any major offers.. see him going to Indiana State or something in that realm. 

8 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Why can't we bring in a big name coach? Aren't we considered a "blue blood" program still? I would love to go after a coach who is proven and down right cocky. 

Will Self,Cal, coach K, Few, Bennett, Wright, Izzo, Boheim, Williams leave their jobs right now to come here.  Ser to me those are the big name coaches who is a home run hire and the rest would just be a flier you hope would work.  I don't want a Pearl or anyone else that had been through scandals.

4 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Curry would be a massive land for us.. kid is an absolute stud on the D line.. he's the best player to go through Center Grove and we have had a lot of great ones. 

He looked like JJ Watt.  I’m not saying that good but a disruptive guy like that.  I saw him triple teamed and he still made the tackle, lol.  Double teams are nothing for him in high school.  He’s unfair at that level.  

IMO Ryan Day is still living off the fumes of Urban.  We will see in time how he turns out.  He gives me a squirrely feel. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Will Self,Cal, coach K, Few, Bennett, Wright, Izzo, Boheim, Williams leave their jobs right now to come here.  Ser to me those are the big name coaches who is a home run hire and the rest would just be a flier you hope would work.  I don't want a Pearl or anyone else that had been through scandals.

So you wouldn't take Self, Cal, Coach K, Boheim, Williams if they became available? They have all cheated and had scandals?

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He looked like JJ Watt.  I’m not saying that good but a disruptive guy like that.  I saw him triple teamed and he still made the tackle, lol.  Double teams are nothing for him in high school.  He’s unfair at that level.  

IMO Ryan Day is still living off the fumes of Urban.  We will see in time how he turns out.  He gives me a squirrely feel. 

Yeah I feel bad for him because he's going to be facing double teams all of his senior year next year. I know OSU recruiting pitch is their development of D lineman and their success on that side of the ball. They have a great track record with D lineman. 

49 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's not what I meant...coached or managed a team

46 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Then you really have no idea what you're talking about...

It's very different being a team member and being the coach or manager of any kind of team. Leadership is a difficult task. Leading as a player is one thing...being THE leader is quite another...

You're being quite snobby and dismissive.

Maybe we should be as dismissive of anyone's opinions if they haven't coached a D1 high major program as you're being with him. Maybe we should the some level of success into that because plenty of mid major coaches who jump to a high major just don't do well do their minions might be suspect. I know that will mean that 100% of the opinion on this board will be dismissed but why settle for anything but the best. Have you ever been a successful high major D1 coach?

At this point I don't care about past scandals or breaking NCAA rules. The rules change literally every year and the NCAA is a joke.. they clearly don't discipline that much. If we hire one of these guys, I can promise you they won't cheat or do anything against the rules as long as they're employed by Indiana University. The school plays by the rules and sticks to the book unfortunately.. aka turning in Sampson and the program. You hire someone like Pearl, Pitino, etc.. they won't cheat here. The University won't allow it. 

2 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Yeah I feel bad for him because he's going to be facing double teams all of his senior year next year. I know OSU recruiting pitch is their development of D lineman and their success on that side of the ball. They have a great track record with D lineman. 

Our game against OSU might be a big opportunity for us as a program. Win that and maybe he gives us a look especially as close as we are and all the people he will know. I’m sure he’s seen Allen’s locker room speeches.  He can develop with us too.  Jerome Johnson wasn’t nearly the prospect and was all Big Ten.  Anyway, I know I’m preaching to the choir and it’s a longshot.  

6 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

So you wouldn't take Self, Cal, Coach K, Boheim, Williams if they became available? They have all cheated and had scandals?

Nope but they are not available either and won't be.  A lot of people think if we have an opening we could have our pick of coaches but that won't be the case.  We will see if Duke and UNC get ad their next coach when their HOF coach leaves.  UNC got lucky the last time because they had Williams who was an alumni and finally decided to go home.

22 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Carson is a very good running back and runs extremely hard. Injury prone and sitting out his entire junior season last year really hurt him in terms of having film for coaches to assess. Doesn't hold any major offers.. see him going to Indiana State or something in that realm. 

I really like how he plays. He catches the ball really well.  If he were taller and bigger I’d think fullback.  I was hoping he’d take a preferred walk-on at IU.  You should be proud of CG.  They’ve been incredible.  

5 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

At this point I don't care about past scandals or breaking NCAA rules. The rules change literally every year and the NCAA is a joke.. they clearly don't discipline that much. If we hire one of these guys, I can promise you they won't cheat or do anything against the rules as long as they're employed by Indiana University. The schools plays by the rules and sticks to the book unfortunately.. aka turning in Sampson and the program. You hire someone like Pearl, Pitino, etc.. they won't cheat here. The University won't allow it. 

See  this kind of thinking is what is ruining this fan base.  The win at any cost mentality is not what the fan base I grew up with and loved.  I assume the younger people have this mentality and it is really hurting the fan base.

7 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

At this point I don't care about past scandals or breaking NCAA rules. The rules change literally every year and the NCAA is a joke.. they clearly don't discipline that much. If we hire one of these guys, I can promise you they won't cheat or do anything against the rules as long as they're employed by Indiana University. The schools plays by the rules and sticks to the book unfortunately.. aka turning in Sampson and the program. You hire someone like Pearl, Pitino, etc.. they won't cheat here. The University won't allow it. 

They said the same thing about Sampson and he cheated

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

You're being quite snobby and dismissive.

Maybe we should be as dismissive of anyone's opinions if they haven't coached a D1 high major program as you're being with him. Maybe we should the some level of success into that because plenty of mid major coaches who jump to a high major just don't do well do their minions might be suspect. I know that will mean that 100% of the opinion on this board will be dismissed but why settle for anything but the best. Have you ever been a successful high major D1 coach?

You need to read again. I wasn't "snobby or dismissive." I was being truthful with him.

It's about leading a team. And that's something I do know about... 40 years worth...

Doesn't matter whether it's D1 basketball or any other kind of team...there are certain leadership principles that span all leadership positions.  And I think  (hope) Jackson saw where I was coming from...

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Our game against OSU might be a big opportunity for us as a program. Win that and maybe he gives us a look especially as close as we are and all the people he will know. I’m sure he’s seen Allen’s locker room speeches.  He can develop with us too.  Jerome Johnson wasn’t nearly the prospect and was all Big Ten.  Anyway, I know I’m preaching to the choir and it’s a longshot.  

I agree, that Ohio State game showed we were legit and going up to Wisconsin and winning solidified that in my opinion. Allen is an unbelievable coach and leader.. and great defensive mind. I hope we can make a run for him honestly and he will definitely develop in Bloomington as well. Allen really needs to an extension after this season to show he's not going anywhere.. that also may stick out to recruits as well.

Just now, Jackson Kellogs said:

I agree, that Ohio State game showed we were legit and going up to Wisconsin and winning solidified that in my opinion. Allen is an unbelievable coach and leader.. and great defensive mind. I hope we can make a run for him honestly and he will definitely develop in Bloomington as well. Allen really needs to an extension after this season to show he's not going anywhere.. that also may stick out to recruits as well.

This is the kind of recruit we have to start keeping in state and coming to IU

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

They said the same thing about Sampson and he cheated

Come on Scott.  There are lots of good coaches out there. You’re pretending that everything is fine and we can’t do better.  It doesn’t matter what we say, it’s going to come down to wins and losses.  But to say we can’t get a good coach just isn’t true.  You can plug your ears on this all you want but there are good coaches out there.  

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I really like how he plays. He catches the ball really well.  If he were taller and bigger I’d think fullback.  I was hoping he’d take a preferred walk-on at IU.  You should be proud of CG.  They’ve been incredible.  

Yeah I really enjoyed growing up in this community. The passion for the football program is unmatched honestly.. nothing like it! It's a well oiled machine for sure and it starts in the first grade on up. Very appreciative and grateful to have played for Coach Moore!

And they lose their QB, rb, best receiver and others. With them they always reload for sure, but we will have a veteran team that’s motivated.  And it’s in Bloomington, I believe.  Let’s give them our best shot.  We won’t be afraid and will believe.  

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Come on Scott.  There are lots of good coaches out there. You’re pretending that everything is fine and we can’t do better.  It doesn’t matter what we say, it’s going to come down to wins and losses.  But to say we can’t get a good coach just isn’t true.  You can plug your ears on this all you want but there are good coaches out there.  

I kept warning people the last time people were wanting a change because be careful what you wish for.  Didn't say we wouldn't get a good coach but we will not get an established HC of a major program.

Yeah I really enjoyed growing up in this community. The passion for the football program is unmatched honestly.. nothing like it! It's a well oiled machine for sure and it starts in the first grade on up. Very appreciative and grateful to have played for Coach Moore!

Is that Eric Moore the same guy who played OT at IU and was a first round pick of the Giants?

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You need to read again. I wasn't "snobby or dismissive." I was being truthful with him.

It's about leading a team. And that's something I do know about... 40 years worth...

Doesn't matter whether it's D1 basketball or any other kind of team...there are certain leadership principles that span all leadership positions.  And I think  (hope) Jackson saw where I was coming from...

I see where you're coming from. It's a different kind of leadership for sure and only one with that kind of experience would understand. I do not disagree with what you said. 

Archived