Archie Support

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

HE IS NOT GOING TO CHEAT AT IU!!! THE UNIVERSITY WON'T ALLOW IT! THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING! 

Well that was what they said about Sampson.  Also my main problem with Sampson was not the phone calls but the type of kids he brought here.  I guess my values are just different where it is just not win at any cost.  I guess I have to realize the kids today doesn't understand what IU basketball bead all about

13 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Honestly.. literally Rick Pitino. I would love to be the major power 5 school to give him a second chance. He would single handily turn this program around. I don't care if anyone has to disagree with that.. I don't care about all the BS that happened at UofL.. it's the past and it's over with.. the man can flat out coach! 

Wouldn't he be like 77 years old by time this is possible?  I guess if old men can 'run' the country, why not? 80 hour work weeks traveling beginning teenagers to come be coached by you.  

Edit.  Ok he would be 70.  Beilien turns 68 early Feb so he would be turning 70 during the realistic season.  And recruits now think he's racist.  So no.  

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well that was what they said about Sampson.  Also my main problem with Sampson was not the phone calls but the type of kids he brought here.  I guess my values are just different where it is just not win at any cost.  I guess I have to realize the kids today doesn't understand what IU basketball bead all about

I respect you wanting to play by the rules and stick to morals.. Like I said, I am not for cheating.. but literally throw cash at a guy like that who will win. He doesn't have to cheat to have success at Indiana. 

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Wouldn't he be like 77 years old by time this is possible?  I guess if old men can 'run' the country, why not? 80 hour work weeks traveling beginning teenagers to come be coached by you.  

Edit.  Ok he would be 70.  Beilien turns 68 early Feb so he would be turning 70 during the realistic season.  And recruits now think he's racist.  So no.  

I mean the team he is coaching now is all black.. where did you hear about the racism thing?

3 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I respect you wanting to play by the rules and stick to morals.. Like I said, I am not for cheating.. but literally throw cash at a guy like that who will win. He doesn't have to cheat to have success at Indiana. 

I get your saying but then you say you bring in a guy in Pitino who.is a known cheater

What is making coaching searches harder today is that you have guys like Few who are happy at a smaller school and not looking to move up.  You also had guys like McKillop at Davidson who I think would be a great coach here.  The guy that just retired at Belmont could have been a great coach elsewhere but were happy where they were at.

3 hours ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

Maybe it’s you old guys that are the problem....

Nope because there’s young guys that agree he hasn’t lived up to the job yet either. He doesn’t know how to win against other B1G coaches. He has to prove a lot to prove this season. 

True story.. been rattled off here before but here goes again. Once upon a time, Ricky had huge interest in the IU gig. He contacted the UAD multiple times. He was given a chance to speak his offer. IU wasn’t willing to pony up the $. 

But hey, it’s Christmas Eve. IU has a young developing coach. We all, so far, survived a pandemic. All is well. Gnite and Merry Christmas.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No, he has no real HC experience.  Also shod tell you what Izzo thought of Fife when he had to miss time with covid.

That doesn’t say anything Dwayne Stephens is the associate head coach. Not Fife. That’s just what the roles are on the staff. 

Archived