AD Scott Dolson - What's the plan?

13 minutes ago, rico said:

I really thought that Dakich would be Knight's successor.

According to DD that RMK told him he was going to retire but can't remember what year and that DD would get the job.  My fear was that once RMK left that Pat would get the job at IU.  It is funny that last night watching the AJ podcast with DJ White and you could tell he was no fan o DD.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, BDB said:

What does this mean?

Stewart.  

Not a savor but a floor spacer.  He's essentially a veteran.  Has been a scorer and ball handler.  Bigger guard.  If he's good enough to deserve 20 minutes a game while Rob and Al take more of a back seat as Lander continues to grow.  I can hope.  There is always hope.  Lots of ball to be played.  

Just the rankings a few minutes ago and noticed that OU is ranked 9th with a record of 12-5 and 7-4 in conference.  Those 3 games I am talking about we would be 12-5 and 6-4 so we could be ranked around that spot.  The reason OK is ranked that high is that they have 4 wins against top 10 teams.  We would have wins against UI, Iowa, UW and FSU.  I know none of this really matters but it shows the thin line from being mediocre to being a top 10 team.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

According to DD that RMK told him he was going to retire but can't remember what year and that DD would get the job.  My fear was that once RMK left that Pat would get the job at IU.  It is funny that last night watching the AJ podcast with DJ White and you could tell he was no fan o DD.

Actually Dakich is exactly what the program needed at that time in my opinion.  He didn’t take any crap from the players and instead of letting the team control the program the coach took back over.  That’s one thing I’ll always be grateful of from DD.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just the rankings a few minutes ago and noticed that OU is ranked 9th with a record of 12-5 and 7-4 in conference.  Those 3 games I am talking about we would be 12-5 and 6-4 so we could be ranked around that spot.  The reason OK is ranked that high is that they have 4 wins against top 10 teams.  We would have wins against UI, Iowa, UW and FSU.  I know none of this really matters but it shows the thin line from being mediocre to being a top 10 team.

Irrelevant.  If Keith Smart doesn't hit that shot, we only have 4 championships.  Heck, if the LSU kid hits his FTs, or Rick Calloway doesn't have that put-back, we're not even in the Final 4 that year.  

The reality is that we are 9-8 (4-6).  That's not good enough.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Irrelevant.  If Keith Smart doesn't hit that shot, we only have 4 championships.  Heck, if the LSU kid hits his FTs, or Rick Calloway doesn't have that put-back, we're not even in the Final 4 that year.  

You’re negative. 🤣

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I know it is not good enough

51 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Imo the only thing that can save Archie is our guys...a couple guys on the team just realize they are pi$$ing away their chance of a lifetime and turn things around...but it won’t be anything Archie does..it will be the players.

So what exactly does that say about those "couple of guys" who turn it up to accomplish this major turn around? Have they been jaking it this whole time? 

Good Lord...🙄

As far as the plan goes, I'm sure they're planning to bring Archie back for year 5.  However, as soon as the Celtics season is over this year they'd better call up Brad's agent and throw the bank at him.  Assuming he says no and that's most likely Archie gets another year where he's coaching for an extension. 

16 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So what exactly does that say about those "couple of guys" who turn it up to accomplish this major turn around? Have they been jaking it this whole time? 

Good Lord...🙄

You think Our upperclassman Rob, Al, Hunter, Trayce have been playing at their best? You think they come in every game locked in ready to play and bringing fire and urgency? You think they are playing their best ball? I sure don’t. All of them locking in and buying in and playing like their season is on the line....because it is! They need to play with almost a controlled desperation. If you think all those guys have given us their best basketball then we truely are in trouble.

Our season is on the line the next 10 days. Tournament or just. It’s all right there. Archie can put the talk to rest if he and his team executes. If we go back to 500 the rest of the way it isn’t going to be enough. I don’t think we really need to discuss it much...at this point it’s indisputable that it will come down to the wins and losses.

17 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Off the top of my head and correct me if I’m wrong... 5-6 is where IU stands. Below .500 in the conference. Outside looking in on the NCAAT right now.

Important stretch coming for  for this squad. Sure would be terrible to host the NCAA tournament and not participate.

Correct. We need to get to 0.500, IMO, to be in. I doubt we make up the two postponed games which would mean we need to get to nine wins.  0.500 in B1G play was what I felt was the bare minimum to be acceptable this year. Get there and my attitude improves a whole lot. I hope like heck we do. 

1 hour ago, Inequality said:

Off the top of my head and correct me if I’m wrong... 5-6 is where IU stands. Below .500 in the conference. Outside looking in on the NCAAT right now.

Important stretch coming for this squad. Sure would be terrible to host the NCAA tournament and not participate.

I don't think we are on the outside looking in. We were in about 2/3 before today's game on bracketmatrix.com. 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Correct. We need to get to 0.500, IMO, to be in. I doubt we make up the two postponed games which would mean we need to get to nine wins.  0.500 in B1G play was what I felt was the bare minimum to be acceptable this year. Get there and my attitude improves a whole lot. I hope like heck we do. 

Beat Northwestern and split the remaining games and if there is a conference tournament win at least 1 game.  This would get us to at least 15-12.  .500 in the conference this year should get us in, considering our strength of schedule.  If we can get another win against a ranked opponent in there without a bad loss, that would help the resume, since we only have the two wins against Iowa.  

We can lock this Thread. I was told tonight by someone as close to the program as i've ever talked to, that Dolson loves Archie, still believes Archie was the right choice and quote, loves the direction the program is headed under Archie. They said Archie will be here as long as he has years on his contract and that Dolson was talking extension to help Archie with recruiting.

3 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

I think 4 wins going into the conference tournament gets us in the tourney. Just can’t be .500 or under. The quality of wins will be there. 

Different year we are in. I believe they said they would take teams at 500 or a little below.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Different year we are in. I believe they said they would take teams at 500 or a little below.

I don't want it to come down to a .500 IU team competing for the last spot against a .500 Duke team.  NET Rankings be damned, Duke would get that spot.  

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

We can lock this Thread. I was told tonight by someone as close to the program as i've ever talked to, that Dolson loves Archie, still believes Archie was the right choice and quote, loves the direction the program is headed under Archie. They said Archie will be here as long as he has years on his contract and that Dolson was talking extension to help Archie with recruiting.

If he truly believes Archie is the man, then an extension is a necessity to help with recruiting.  But, it's his job on the line as well, if it does not work out.  

Archived